Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club Entry..JFK what the best way for non status?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Thank you all for fast replies. I usually don't care about the Wi-Fi - I mostly use Verizon MiFi on the road. Would I get an access to FL with a One Day Pass though?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:04 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by foxberg
Thank you all for fast replies. I usually don't care about the Wi-Fi - I mostly use Verizon MiFi on the road. Would I get an access to FL with a One Day Pass though?
Nope - One Day pass just gets you into the Admirals Club. Here's the lounge access page on AA.com: http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...ungeAccess.jsp

(Some, but not all, scenarios where one would gain access to the FL: EXP traveling on international itinerary, 3 class F booked into F/Z on a 3-class transcon flight, international F passenger, etc.)
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by foxberg
Would I get an access to FL with a One Day Pass though?
No.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:22 pm

Dude, do the platinum Amex card deal for $450.

Get Platinum AmEx - $450/yr (50k MR bonus for $1k spend)
Get Delta AmEx Gold - free (20k delta use for first use)
Transfer to Delta using borrowed 50k MR with 50% bonus - 75k delta mile + 25k EQM miles (mqm)

with 95k delta miles you can get $800 AmEx GC (at 11k miles/$100)
Purchase 4 -$50 AA gc for $200. AmEx will reimburse you so this is free.

-$450
+$800 AmEx GC
+$200 AA GC
Free access to all lounges for AA/Delta/United/USAir (btw AA lounges suck!!)
USAir lounges can be used without flight tickets.

+ bunch of other crap, search this forum for more details.

This is way to go. Oh you get no free wi-fi with this but who cares.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
A related question (for a non-frequent AC user)

As an EXP, and a non-AC member, I will be on SFO-ORD-DEL (and back) in cattle class shortly. As an OW Emerald, I understand I will have access to the ORD AC/FL with my wife as a companion. Does my son (<18years) get in too? Or would he count as a second companion for whom I would need to buy a one-day pass?

The rules aren't too clear on this; the statement about kids needing an adult companion leave it vague as to whether the kid counts toward the companion count.

That said, I'm still waiting (most likely in vain) for my SWUs to clear, at which point this becomes moot.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by scnzzz
As an OW Emerald, I understand I will have access to the ORD AC/FL with my wife as a companion. Does my son (<18years) get in too? Or would he count as a second companion for whom I would need to buy a one-day pass?
The rules are pretty clear: you'll get one guest along with yourself when entering based on oneworld status or international premium cabin ticket. Source: AA Lounge Access

That said, I'm still waiting (most likely in vain) for my SWUs to clear, at which point this becomes moot.
SWUs to J will get everyone into the AC, but not into the FL--just want to be sure you aren't thrown off. If you show your EXP card when entering the AC you should get drink chits, which would help bridge the gap on drink quality, at least.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I've asked on multiple trips through ORD and have never gotten more than 1 guest in
Old Feb 19, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by naps8906
Get Platinum AmEx - $450/yr (50k MR bonus for $1k spend)
Get Delta AmEx Gold - free (20k delta use for first use)
Transfer to Delta using borrowed 50k MR with 50% bonus - 75k delta mile + 25k EQM miles (mqm)

with 95k delta miles you can get $800 AmEx GC (at 11k miles/$100)
Purchase 4 -$50 AA gc for $200. AmEx will reimburse you so this is free.

-$450
+$800 AmEx GC
+$200 AA GC
This seems interesting, but I can't understand what you are talking about. Could you re-phrase?

Originally Posted by scnzzz
As an EXP, and a non-AC member, I will be on SFO-ORD-DEL (and back) in cattle class shortly. As an OW Emerald, I understand I will have access to the ORD AC/FL with my wife as a companion. Does my son (<18years) get in too?
As en EXP traveling with two family members (one PLT and one non-elite) in J and then F, I was allowed to bring all three of them into the ORD FL while traveling LHR-ORD-HNL when the ORD-HNL flight was delayed by six hours. That was against policy, I believe, but at least it's possible to get additional guests in if they are being nice that day, or if they feel sorry for you
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This is correct - I have seen individuals and couples with up to three kids allowed entry at several ACs and the ORD FL. This is not a rule, it is a possibility, and will depend on who is staffing the admission desk, AFAIK.

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
This seems interesting, but I can't understand what you are talking about. Could you re-phrase?

As en EXP traveling with two family members (one PLT and one non-elite) in J and then F, I was allowed to bring all three of them into the ORD FL while traveling LHR-ORD-HNL when the ORD-HNL flight was delayed by six hours. That was against policy, I believe, but at least it's possible to get additional guests in if they are being nice that day, or if they feel sorry for you
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by jchacko2
Economy redemption so no access
$50 seems reasonable to kill sometime. Cheap way to lose my AA virginity

Haha unless someone from the board happens to be kicking around JFK on April 21st
If you're going to spring for the one-day pass, you might as well buy it at YYZ, so that you can access the club there also. (One-day passes permit access to multiple club locations on the same day.)
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
Originally Posted by guv1976
If you're going to spring for the one-day pass, you might as well buy it at YYZ, so that you can access the club there also. (One-day passes permit access to multiple club locations on the same day.)
Though, you should brace yourself to be thoroughly unimpressed if it's the club in T3.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 3:53 pm

Thanks all. I suspected that I'd be out of luck (at least as far as policy goes), but it rarely hurts to ask.

Still keeping fingers crossed for the SWUs to clear (fat chance)...
Old Feb 21, 2011, 5:27 pm

Update - miracles do happen. SFO-ORD-DEL SWUs cleared at ~T-72, for all three pax with adjacent seats - 9E,G,H - woohoo. Return looks like crap though, oversold in Y and J with a few slots still open in F. Resigned to cattle class on the return, I suppose.

Well, at least lounge access on the outbound is a given
Old Feb 21, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Congrats, enjoy the trip!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Since my original post I got approved for Platinum AmEx, so One Day Passes questions are no longer relevant to me My next question then is would I get an access to FL with that card or only to the AC?

Last edited by foxberg; Feb 21, 2011 at 8:45 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.