Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads up: Major schedule changes / reload (Jan 22, 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
All of the correspondence from AA including the company's 2020 strategic plan indicate otherwise. Nothing is forever and AA could change its course of action, but as other carriers have eaten AA's former turf at SFO it's unlikely AA will return to its 2006/2007 levels at SFO/SJC. I could be wrong.
I'd tend to concur. Keep in mind SFO/SJC was SFO/SJC/OAK not too long ago.

In 1997, OAK had:
DFW 4x (no redeye)

In 2002:
DFW 5x (w/redeye)
JFK 2x (w/redeye)
LAX 6x (all-erd)

Also in 2002, SFO went to LAX (for example) 8x/day, including a late flight arriving LAX about 11 pm. There was 8x to ORD, including both a 762 and a 763. Ah, life.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by atrainexp22
im not sure AA would go through the hassle of move into a new terminal for nothing.
I took a tour of T2 during construction last year. When I asked the project chief why AA would want to move into T2 just to move into T1 a few years later, he told me: "We're paying them big bucks to move for us, and we're picking up the tab on the moving costs"

what I really want is a LAX-AUS redeye. Leave LAX at 1:00am, arrive AUS at 6am. I hate it when going home to AUS each time I lose a whole day on travel...

Originally Posted by HNL
* DFW picks up a 10th Daily flight from SFO.
* The 763 comes and goes on the SFO-MIA route regularly.
* ORD & DFW lost the 763s once the SFO maintenance swithced over to a regular line station and 763 work was no longer performed there.
speaking of 763's and SFO, why is there one SFO-JFK transcon on a two class 763? Is it because AA doesn't have enough 762's to cover the 5 daily flights? And when was the 763 maint station closed? I've never heard of AA mentioning of 763 work at SFO...

Last edited by bniu; Jan 26, 2011 at 1:14 am
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:56 am

4 A 05 Apr 22 Aug
AA/## 3711 LAX 23:50 IAH 05:00 +1 CR7 0 1234567 03:10 4 A 05 Apr 22 Aug
- A
[/CODE]

and with AA having dispute with Sabre, I think there will be delays with schedule update to sabre in the future.
it is not bookable on AA.COM[/QUOTE]

There are cases where airlines loads the new schedule first and then open for sale or change existing schedule a week or two after.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Looking at the BOS-DFW downgauges, what are they planning to do with these 757s? It seems that domestic 757 is now going to be rare sight-in F is where it hurts the most from 22 seats to 16.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
I believe that ORD-LAX/SFO/SAN the S80 is just a place holder. I say that because every time a new schedule is loaded, and new flights are added a S80 is the default for those new flights. I would be surprised if AA would operate a S80 after months of 738 service on those routes.
I believe its a case of AA using the planes it has. The plan was to get rid of the s80s but for now they're adding the capacity where they can.

Better to run fuel inefficient planes loaded than not run them.

I will be sorry to see them go though.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bniu
. . . speaking of 763's and SFO, why is there one SFO-JFK transcon on a two class 763? Is it because AA doesn't have enough 762's to cover the 5 daily flights? And when was the 763 maint station closed? I've never heard of AA mentioning of 763 work at SFO...
For much of the last decade, JFK-SFO had two 763s and three 762s daily. Dunno what has changed recently to allow one 763 and four 762s.

I belive that the SFO maintenance operation was downsized last year when the SJC maintenance operation was closed. Previously, AA performed 767 B checks at SFO, helping to explain why so many of them showed up in a non-hub (in addition to the transcon 767s). Now, no more B checks and fewer 767s.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
AFAIK, it was 1 763 and 2 762s for as long as I have been flying the route (several years).

Even an old timetable from 2001 shows the same frequency and aircraft.

AA has only 15 762s in the fleet.

I believe 10 of them are used between JFK-LAX.
4 used between JFK-SFO.
I'm not sure where the 15th is assigned to or if its assigned at all.

But it's a very small fleet and I doubt they plan to order more 762s.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by demkr
AFAIK, it was 1 763 and 2 762s for as long as I have been flying the route (several years).

Even an old timetable from 2001 shows the same frequency and aircraft.

AA has only 15 762s in the fleet.

I believe 10 of them are used between JFK-LAX.
4 used between JFK-SFO.
I'm not sure where the 15th is assigned to or if its assigned at all.

But it's a very small fleet and I doubt they plan to order more 762s.
Cycles through JFK-MIA.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:19 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

That's the one. Thanks-i should know that cause I was on it not too long ago lol
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by sts603
Cycles through JFK-MIA.
AA has also been using one 762 on LAX-MIA-LAX (in addition to the 777) for the past few months and scheduled well into first half of 2011. The recent schedule change yanked the 762 out of that route and AA replaced it with 763, which is better
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:21 pm

schedule changed - AA doesn't tell me....

Originally Posted by n710dn
As of April 5th, all JFK-NRT flights leave at around 8:20 AM.
Source: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5035613/
I just found out today accidentally that my flight departure JFK-NRT on March 30 was changed from 11:35 AM to 8:20 AM. I was also ticketed to fly from NRT-KIX at 5:25 PM, quite a long wait but worth the extra $100 it cost when I bought the ticket.

However with the change it is really too long to wait. After calling AA and finding out there was no earlier flight from NRT to KIX I ended up canceling the ticket for a full refund. Then I rebooked a rt JFK-NRT.

Originally, the AA rep offered to cancel the NRT-KIX leg and give me a $90 refund. I see where he was coming from but since my purchase the fare went down so I was better off canceling....

My question is - why didn't AA inform me about the change? From the link above it seems this was done at least 10 days ago. If I hadn't accidentally gone to AA.com I would not have know til.....the day I downloaded my boarding pass.

Doesn't the airline, which has my email address and cell number, have any responsibility for notifying a passenger of a substantial change in schedule?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:49 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbnyc
I just found out today accidentally that my flight departure JFK-NRT on March 30 was changed from 11:35 AM to 8:20 AM. I was also ticketed to fly from NRT-KIX at 5:25 PM, quite a long wait but worth the extra $100 it cost when I bought the ticket.

However with the change it is really too long to wait. After calling AA and finding out there was no earlier flight from NRT to KIX I ended up canceling the ticket for a full refund. Then I rebooked a rt JFK-NRT.

Originally, the AA rep offered to cancel the NRT-KIX leg and give me a $90 refund. I see where he was coming from but since my purchase the fare went down so I was better off canceling....

My question is - why didn't AA inform me about the change? From the link above it seems this was done at least 10 days ago. If I hadn't accidentally gone to AA.com I would not have know til.....the day I downloaded my boarding pass.

Doesn't the airline, which has my email address and cell number, have any responsibility for notifying a passenger of a substantial change in schedule?
In the past AA has sent out an notification email about 4 to 5 weeks before departure. This is done because there could be other schedule changes prior to that.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HNL
In the past AA has sent out an notification email about 4 to 5 weeks before departure. This is done because there could be other schedule changes prior to that.
I've never liked this approach - I'd like to get notified of each change - but the reasoning behind it is pretty valid, I think...generally. Knowing months in advance about a few minute/hour schedule change that may, or may not, really happen isn't valuable to most people. Now, if changes force an overnight, or something that big, I'd really hope (but not expect) that they'd let people know immediately.

Cheers.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by demkr
it's a very small fleet and I doubt they plan to order more 762s.
This is a bit OT, but AA do still have a few 762s in storage. I would say it's equally unlikely that any of those nearly 30 year old birds would come out of mothballs though.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bniu
what I really want is a LAX-AUS redeye. Leave LAX at 1:00am, arrive AUS at 6am. I hate it when going home to AUS each time I lose a whole day on travel...
Can't you avoid losing a whole day on travel by taking a redeye to DFW and the first flight afterwards to AUS? Not arriving at 6 am of course, but still quite early in the day, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.