Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My AA reservations don't show up at BA.com (MMB) anymore

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
My AA reservations don't show up at BA.com (MMB) anymore

Please don't move this to the BA forum because it's relating to AA.

Used to be when you'd book an award ticket on BA metal using AA miles then you could ask for the BA conf code and plug that in a BA.com to get your seats etc.. and for online checkin.

Now for the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to get any of my BA reservations to pull up at BA.com. If I phone BA, they are able to access my rez and assign seats. However this won't help me for online checkin.

I have the correct BA confirmation code, it just won't pull up on their website any longer.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry if there is another post about this I did search but didn't see one.

================ MODERATOR NOTE==================
Please refer to Post #15 in this thread, in which BA indicates this is a temporary problem with the Manage my Booking function, and is to be fixed in the near future.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 7, 2011 at 1:49 pm Reason: add mod note
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
YES.... thank you for posting this... I am having the same exact problem. I called both BA and AA about the issue. AA said it might be due to a schedule change and reissued the ticket.... that did not help, still won't show up on BA.com. Have you talked to anyone at BA? After spending 20 mins on hold and getting "check with AA" from BA, I back burnered it....but really would like to be able to pull up AA award travel on BA metal on BA.com again.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:01 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by goldengate
...but really would like to be able to pull up AA award travel on BA metal on BA.com again.
Normally I'm able to check my flights on BA metal on BA.com/MMB by just popping in my AA PNR. I actually booked an AA partner award recently all on BA metal; when I go to BA.com/MMB and enter in the AA PNR, it comes back with an error. I just thought it was because it was an award ticket vs. a paid ticket. But perhaps it's a broader issue?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
Normally I'm able to check my flights on BA metal on BA.com/MMB by just popping in my AA PNR. I actually booked an AA partner award recently all on BA metal; when I go to BA.com/MMB and enter in the AA PNR, it comes back with an error. I just thought it was because it was an award ticket vs. a paid ticket. But perhaps it's a broader issue?
It seems that it is a broader issue. I have two paid flights on BA upcoming that were booked as AA codeshares and obviously part of an AA itinerary. Two weeks ago I used my AA record locater to access said flights on BA.com. After reading this post I tried the same and got the error message JY1024 mentioned. My seats are set and EF shows them still occupied(hopefully still by me,) so I won't clog the phone lines just to confirm, but perhaps someone with a pressing need could allow us an official response/confirm.

Last edited by JNB280; Jan 8, 2011 at 8:38 pm Reason: details, details
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I recently traveled DFW-DXB in early December with the LHR-DXB segments on BA metal. I was able to pull up my reservation on BAs website using my AA PNR but was unable to select seats or do anything other than look at the flight information. It would have been nice to select a seat even though I still ended up in an aisle.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Well I'm glad it's not just me!

I did call BA and they said everything seemed fine on their end. They confirmed the BA reference codes (3 tix) and my seating etc.. for the AA reward tickets. However none of the 3 will pull up online anymore - and 2 of them used to pull up until a couple weeks ago.

The third one I just booked today. I do hope they fix this soon, I don't know how to report it to BA tech.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 2.9MM, Fairmont PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
This worked fine for me this afternoon (1/5). Booked an AA/BA itinerary and was able to access BA's MMB using my AA PNR.

Originally Posted by JNB280
It seems that it is a broader issue. I have two flights on BA upcoming that were booked as AA codeshares and obviously part of an AA itinerary. Two weeks ago I used my AA record locater to access said flights on BA.com. After reading this post I tried the same and got the error message JY1024 mentioned. My seats are set and EF shows them still occupied(hopefully still by me,) so I won't clog the phone lines just to confirm, but perhaps someone with a pressing need could allow us an official response/confirm.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:20 am

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
I've got the same problem. The only difference I can think of between my working and non-working itineraries is that the working one was bought with cash and the non-working one was bought half with a voucher. This wouldn't make sense to me as to why payment method would affect ba.com's ability to see an itinerary, but based on the mixed responses on this thread, something fishy is up.

You can send BA comments about its website at the ba.com feedback survey.

Peace.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:19 am

I'm having the same issue. I did contact BA last week and was told there is a system issue with MMB and AA codeshares that is supposed to be fixed after the New Year. I was also told that you SHOULD be able to use the OLCI and its only the MMB that is having the problem. Apparently the issue is with bookings made before BA made their website upgrades. If you make the booking now, it will work just fine. (or so I was told)

I know I read a thread about it on here as well, but my searching abilities , frankly, stink!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold
I also have had the same problem recently with BA (using the BA record locator that AA gave me over the phone), but the problem applies to Iberia as well. I can't access my AA-made award travel reservations on either of those carriers on either site. I infer from that that the problem is not with BA and IB, but with AA.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travellady
I'm having the same issue. I did contact BA last week and was told there is a system issue with MMB and AA codeshares that is supposed to be fixed after the New Year. I was also told that you SHOULD be able to use the OLCI and its only the MMB that is having the problem. Apparently the issue is with bookings made before BA made their website upgrades. If you make the booking now, it will work just fine. (or so I was told)
Made an award booking yesterday (on BA metal using AA points) and confirmed it (ticketed etc..) - it won't show up on BA.com so new bookings still have the problem.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Same problem here. There's a thread in the BA forum. You still can do online check in (I did it this morning) and change seats during check in but can't preview seats in advance.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
If your BA reservations is not showing up ba.com (MMB), try pulling it up using www.checkmytrip.com using your BA record locator.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daniellam
If your BA reservations is not showing up ba.com (MMB), try pulling it up using www.checkmytrip.com using your BA record locator.
Yes and thank you that works to pull up the rez and get details but not for seeing the open seat map / assigning yourself a seat etc..
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
I filled out the feedback form on BA indicating this problem. I received an email asking for my booking number, which I supplied.
This is the subsequent reply I received On 12/31/11:
Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to say there is currently a technical problem with Manage my booking which affects some bookings including your ones.
The fix to the problem is expected to go live sometime next week after which you should be able to access both bookings via Manage my booking.
If you still experience problems with Manage my booking after say mid-January, please email me

Well, it is now the end of the week and there is still no fix. I do not think they care whether or not we are able to retrieve our reservations on BA.com

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 7, 2011 at 1:47 pm Reason: add colour highlight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.