Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEL / New Delhi T3 Kingfisher Lounge (AA, oneworld) NOW OPEN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Someone, I forget if it was the check-in agent or the floating agent, said September 15 would be the Kingfisher Lounge opening date. It did not look at all ready from what I saw from outside however.

This terminal is a huge improvement over the old terminal, although still fairly modest by international standards. Duty free is wildly overpriced.
Is there any update on when the Kingfisher Lounge at T3 will open? Strange how the start date is so hard to pin down
Old Sep 12, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by nxsahraw
Is there any update on when the Kingfisher Lounge at T3 will open? Strange how the start date is so hard to pin down
Most likely taking AA 293 at some point this week, will post back here.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I went thru Aug 25th, did AY in C. I had a representative meet me at the check in counter and took me all the way to the lounge then made sure I was going to the right gate before take off. The tea leaf lounge is small. The staff are very eager to help in any way they can. I had a small breakfast and tea. The waiter helped me get internet connection. The IT lounge is being worked on, but saw no one or heard any noise upstairs where it is. I was taking off on a Wed morning.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Yeah, we were disappointed too. They give you a KingFisher lounge access card which had me all excited until I saw written across the top "Tea Leaf and Coffee Bean" or whatever the name of the place is that they're currently using in place of the lounge. That being said, the Tea Leaf place is actually quite OK despite it really being a coffee shop that serves sweets and sandwiches. The "lounge" area is cordoned off, with comfy chairs for sitting in. Service is very attentive, and you're able to order any food or beverage off the menu. They kept asking us if we wanted more of anything. Note, though not on the menu, you can ask for beer (KingFisher of course) and I presume other alcoholic beverages -- they give them to you gratis as well.
In terms of food service, that's actually at least as good or better than any of the DEL lounge offerings used by the airlines for business/first class customers flying internationally from DEL over recent decades.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Any update on the lounge situation for One World Emerald passengers?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by laurajoyce
Any update on the lounge situation for One World Emerald passengers?
Still at the Coffee Bean - which was fine. The Wifi did not work when I was there, though it is Delhi. Alcoholic drinks are available, just not on the menu. There is made to order food and whatever pastries you want. I just had a vanilla ice blended - my favorite.

At check in, the agent thought it would be sometime in November, from others I heard up to 6 months
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
I'm going in Feb, 2011-definitely looking forward to the new T3 terminal and the Kingfisher lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
Just made the domestic-international transfer in DEL last night fairly quickly, despite three security checkpoints.

The lounge situation, on the other hand, is quite embarrassing. While I appreciate them contracting the coffee bean for some of their space, there's nowhere near enough space, no bathrooms/magazines/tvs and people wander in and out of the lounge through the back entrance unchecked. Internet was also completely down.

Need to light a fire under that new lounge...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Hi Y'all!

What is the situation on the Kingfisher Lounge in T-3 in New Delhi? Is it open?

I am travelling from DEL to ORD on the 19th of December (four days from now). So, was curious if I would get to enjoy it or be stuck at the Beancounters Coffee rent-a-lounge

Any recent experiences?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 7:38 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The IT lounge is still under construction in lounge area B.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The IT lounge is still under construction in lounge area B.
Oh well! C'est L'Inde !

Any recommendations as to where I can have a nice dinner as I want to sleep on the flight.

I have heard that the food in the Beancounter Coffee Lounge is basically awful snacks.

Any full service restaurant in the new Terminal?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:38 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by panjabi
Oh well! C'est L'Inde !

Any recommendations as to where I can have a nice dinner as I want to sleep on the flight.

I have heard that the food in the Beancounter Coffee Lounge is basically awful snacks.

Any full service restaurant in the new Terminal?
I like the Spaghetti with spicy tomato sauce that is offered in the coffee bean / temp lounge. There are 1 or 2 other full service restaurants in the terminal.

Explore the options on the IGI website.
http://www.newdelhiairport.in/shop-and-eat.aspx
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
My husband and I had no complaints about the temporary lounge when we were there earlier this month. Lots of food offerings. I had some sort of panini or warmed wrap that was tasty. I wouldn't recommend the red wine but the white was pretty good. (fume blanc I think?) Service was very attentive.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by laurajoyce
My husband and I had no complaints about the temporary lounge when we were there earlier this month. Lots of food offerings. I had some sort of panini or warmed wrap that was tasty. I wouldn't recommend the red wine but the white was pretty good. (fume blanc I think?) Service was very attentive.
Hi All. Just came back from DEL.

While the staff at the BeanCounters lounge is very nice, their food and drinks and set-up leaves a lot to be desired.

I did get a chance to talk to one of the AA managers about the Kingfisher lounge. Here are the details.

The lounge is structurally complete. As of December 15 they have started training classes for the chefs and the staff. They MIGHT do a soft open around the fourth week of January.

Apparently the delay is coming from the training and process point of view. This will be the first full service lounge in DEL (comparable to our Admirals Club). Apparently, they are still writing the process on how to manage "hordes of people". The exact concern was expressed as such:

Both BA and AA attract a lot of pax from other cities. Many of those connecting flights get into to DEL early in the afternoon or evening, some as early as 2 PM. With the new direct transit entry, their fear is that the some of the early PAX may spend as much as 12 hours in the lounge. This will not only lead to overcrowding but "over drinking". Her exact words were "Indians can put away Scotch like no ones business"

So, watch for time limits as a possible solution. I wonder how they will enforce it. The Plaza Premium lounge already does time limits.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by panjabi
Her exact words were "Indians can put away Scotch like no ones business"

So, watch for time limits as a possible solution. I wonder how they will enforce it. The Plaza Premium lounge already does time limits.
I am not surprised that it is impossible to meet deadlines in India. This sort of scenario repeats itself everywhere in India.The issues cited as the reason for the delay could not have been easily predicted and sorted out months before.

Anyway I am hoping to be able to use the lounge on my way back from DEL on Feb 7th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.