Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
A double breakfast run this morning from DTW-DFW-SJC.

DTW-DFW
Breakfast
January 7, 2011
AA 509
6:25A-8:15A
MD-80 (Wi-Fi ^)

Choice of Corn Flakes or Boursin Cheese Omelet with potatoes, onions and peppers.
The omelet was good although a couple of DL sausage links would still be nice, as would an FA that didn't act like she'd rather be elsewhere.

DFW-SJC
Breakfast
January 7, 2011
AA 1347
9:50A-11:35A
MD-80 (Wi-Fi ^)

Only 11 of 16 seats occupied including an open 5F beside me ^

Choice of Corn Flakes or Omelet. Opted for the omelet setup, fruit plate and cinnamon/raisin bagel.
Great crew that, unlike 509, seemed to enjoy their jobs.

And, unlike x-DTW, apparently a major security alert x-DFW today as we had plastic knives.

Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: Various
AA 32 LAX-JFK J Lunch Jan 7

Looks like the same choices as previously posted for LAX-BOS flights

I had the sandwich, 'which' was about 3/4 sized, served somewhat like a French Dip. It was filling (mostly bread) and from what I hear, those in the last row of J were 'stuck' with the Shrimp Plate.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
A double breakfast run this morning from DTW-DFW-SJC.

DTW-DFW
Breakfast
January 7, 2011
AA 509
6:25A-8:15A
MD-80 (Wi-Fi ^)

Choice of Corn Flakes or Boursin Cheese Omelet with potatoes, onions and peppers.
The omelet was good although a couple of DL sausage links would still be nice, as would an FA that didn't act like she'd rather be elsewhere.
Sausage is not nice with breakfast or at any other time and I'm glad AA doesn't serve it with their omelets. Very few DL flights actually offer a hot breakfast, and fortunately they always have another option available. DL and UA still offer special meals in F, so unless AA wishes to re-instate them on non-trans con flights they shouldn't offer that with breakfast particularly if they provide more of the hot item instead cereal or oatmeal.

I just flew BOS-SLC on DL (73H) with a lovely MCO based crew that was very attentive and engaged with the passengers. I'm not sure what it is but DL FAs always seem more happier and engaged than their AA counterparts.

Yet another flight to the Bay Area that went out with open F seats
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
And, unlike x-DTW, apparently a major security alert x-DFW today as we had plastic knives.
I got a plastic knife ORD-BOS last Wed, though normal metal one SAN-ORD earlier the same day. I figured a catering issue.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Robt760
Looks like the same choices as previously posted for LAX-BOS flights

I had the sandwich, 'which' was about 3/4 sized, served somewhat like a French Dip. It was filling (mostly bread) and from what I hear, those in the last row of J were 'stuck' with the Shrimp Plate.
I had the shrimp plate for lunch in F LAX-JFK about a week ago and actually thought it was pretty good. Not a big meal, but pretty decent snack.

Only two choices on that flight, which was odd, I though AFS F usually had 3. Other choice was an open-faced sandwich, which I never saw.

Other than the real sundae, chicken on the salad and the cheese service before the meal, the meal service wasn't very different from J flights of recent memory. The service was different (served from cart) but that did nothing to change the taste of the food.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 9, 2011 at 9:19 pm Reason: removed quoted image
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Flight: AA 1964 (SFO-DFW)
Equipment: MD80
Date: January 8, 2011
Meal: Lunch

Warm mixed nuts to start:

Option 1: Cheeseburger

Option 2: Green salad with chicken

Dessert: Chocolate chip cookie

Flight: AA 1118 (DFW-PIT)
Equipment: MD80
Date: January 8, 2011
Meal: Dinner

Warm mixed nuts to start:

Option 1: Chicken dish of some sort...

My travel partner and I didn't order this one, so I don't have a picture.

Option 2: Stuffed pasta shells

Dessert: Chocolate chip cheesecake

Last edited by Majuki; Jan 8, 2011 at 11:32 pm
Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Sausage is not nice with breakfast or at any other time and I'm glad AA doesn't serve it with their omelets.
Well Mr. Sausage Policeman , how about the freedom to choose whether or not to eat the sausage?

Very few DL flights actually offer a hot breakfast, and fortunately they always have another option available.
Perhaps in the sausage-hating breakfast-challenged northeast, but from the Bay Area, every morning DL flight I take is a hot breakfast flight.
And maybe that missing sausage is the reason that AA is leaving with empty F seats to/from the Bay Area???
What breakfast should look like...

Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I too had the plastic knife substitution, DFW-DCA, on Saturday (12.8). Assume it was a catering issue.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Very few DL flights actually offer a hot breakfast
They don't on the MD80s because there are no ovens.

...maybe that missing sausage is the reason that AA is leaving with empty F seats to/from the Bay Area???
What breakfast should look like...
But I got sausages from my last AA breakfast flight

Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
But I got sausages from my last AA breakfast flight
Hmmm, what route/flight? Recently?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
LAX-MIA
Snack (Midnight Raid)
January 1, 2011 (I think)
AA 1270
9:20p - 5:00a (ended up being past midnight before we left)
737-800

I've done quite of few of these red-eyes the past couple of weeks, but its been the same general menu amongst all of them.

This flight was a nightmare for various reasons. FA took meal orders on the ground, I was in the second row of first. I asked for the soup, to which the FA said they only boarded two for F-cabin (2? for 16 seats? that's not even close to being an appropriate ratio ).

We didn't have the correct pax count in Y class, then a/c door was re-opened, then a fuel pump issue, then we swapped planes.

Everyone is F was so tired by the time we finally left 3 hours later that I don't think anyone ended up eating. I was asleep before we reached 10k.

Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Excellent cheese enchilada with rice and beans on the 1325 flight BOS-DFW. Other meal option was a cobb salad. It looked pretty good, too, and I might get a chance to try it later this week. Not too excited about the pita chips. Person next to me had the F/A take them away.

Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
DFW-MKE
Breakfast
January 11, 2011
AA 3453 (operated by American Eagle)
8:35AM-10:50AM
Canadair Regional Jet

Choice of Corn Flakes or Oatmeal
Banana
Otis Spunkmeyer Banana Nut Muffin
Blueberries/Sliced Strawberries
Blueberry Yogurt

Catering only loaded only 3 oatmeal choices (for 9 passengers) so the first three passengers got what they wanted.

Last edited by utpharmdoc; Jan 11, 2011 at 1:30 pm Reason: wrong date
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Dia HH
DFW-Sea on 1-10

Choice for Dinner
Stuffed pasta shells with red sauce
Roasted chicken with a cream sauce, sweet potatoes and snow peas.

Both came with shimp cocktail
Side salad with standard vinagrette
Choice of rolls

Ice cream sundae for desert. Looks like it had some oats topping
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by denCSA
LAX-MIA
Snack (Midnight Raid)
January 1, 2011 (I think)
AA 1270
9:20p - 5:00a (ended up being past midnight before we left)
737-800

I've done quite of few of these red-eyes the past couple of weeks, but its been the same general menu amongst all of them.

This flight was a nightmare for various reasons. FA took meal orders on the ground, I was in the second row of first. I asked for the soup, to which the FA said they only boarded two for F-cabin (2? for 16 seats? that's not even close to being an appropriate ratio ).

We didn't have the correct pax count in Y class, then a/c door was re-opened, then a fuel pump issue, then we swapped planes.

Everyone is F was so tired by the time we finally left 3 hours later that I don't think anyone ended up eating. I was asleep before we reached 10k.
Soup on Late Night Domestic Flights seems to be an issue. Either Catering only loads two or the Flight Attendants don't want to serve the soup/don't distribute menus that mention it etc.. My opinion would be to load two choices, a soup or a light cold plate (Cheese/cracker or salad w/ protein )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.