Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Jan 11, 11, 4:26 pm

Programs: Various
AA 133 JFK-LAX J Dinner Jan 10 '11

My choice was the chicken. One of the least inspired meals I've had on AA. The chicken was stuffed with the same wild rice mixture that came with the entree. No sage or seasoning detected; quite bland overall. I would not recommend to anyone and would not get it again. (but thanks for the meal AA)
Old Jan 11, 11, 4:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Was on a transcon flight last week and my seatmate decided on the chicken and I decided on the pasta. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure I made the right choice.

Every once in awhile, a crappy dish gets into the mix. The shrimp appetizer is very good, although my favorite is the proscuitto/melon.
Old Jan 11, 11, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
AA 1567 - JFK to MIA - 4:05 p.m.

JFK to MIA (Dinner flight)

Pre departure OJ or water

Departure was delayed, so FA came around to take dinner orders before takeoff. (FEBO was followed)

Choice was cheese tortellini or chipotle chicken.

Once we were at altitude, FA came around with drinks and not-warm nuts.

After drinks, dinner was served. SO & I chose the chipotle chicken. Dinner came all on one tray, with greek side salad, w/ feta, olives, cucumbers and tomato. Chicken came with white rice and green beans/carrots. Slice of cheese cake was also on the tray.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn129/5325436205/

Chicken seemed breaded & taste reminded me of buffalo chicken wings. Couldn't tell what the sauce was & wasn't adventurous enough to try it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn129/5326047790/

Cheese cake was good, but I couldn't tell what the flavor was - dulce de leche perhaps?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn129/5325443711/
Old Jan 11, 11, 7:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
AA24
SFO-JFK
2-class F Breakfast
1/5/10

Choice of
New Egg Enchilada Thingy with Seasoned Corn and Salsa Verde
or
Cereal
w/ White or Wheat Bread not pictured
(My apologies did not have time to look at the menu)

I've found it better to use smaller thumbnails since my blackberry camera stinks
http://i53.tinypic.com/2djqiav_th.jpg

Return dinner flight coming up next! AA is keeping within its vegetarian breakfast "niche"
Old Jan 11, 11, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by demkr View Post
Was on a transcon flight last week and my seatmate decided on the chicken and I decided on the pasta. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure I made the right choice.

Every once in awhile, a crappy dish gets into the mix. The shrimp appetizer is very good, although my favorite is the proscuitto/melon.
I had the chicken on my transcon last night and I thought it was excellent. Definitely the best dish I've ever had on any flight, any airline. I was very surprised by how good the service was on this flight overall:

BOS - LAX (757, Dinner Service)
Pre-Departure cocktails

Warm nuts

Appetizer: Shrimp with soba noodles, cucumber/feta cheese salad

Bread basket: I recall they had cibatta, cheese rolls, or pretzel bread

Main Course:
Stuffed Chicken breast with wild rice and roasted squash

Generic Cheese Pasta Dish Number 32a

Dessert:
Hand-made sundaes with a choice of berry, butterscotch, or hot fudge, whipping cream, and pecans (EXCELLENT!)

Pre-Arrival:
Fresh baked chocolate chip or English toffee cookies, milk
Old Jan 12, 11, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lobo411 View Post
I had the chicken on my transcon last night and I thought it was excellent. Definitely the best dish I've ever had on any flight, any airline. I was very surprised by how good the service was on this flight overall:

BOS - LAX (757, Dinner Service)
Pre-Departure cocktails

Warm nuts

Appetizer: Shrimp with soba noodles, cucumber/feta cheese salad

Bread basket: I recall they had cibatta, cheese rolls, or pretzel bread

Main Course:
Stuffed Chicken breast with wild rice and roasted squash

Generic Cheese Pasta Dish Number 32a

Dessert:
Hand-made sundaes with a choice of berry, butterscotch, or hot fudge, whipping cream, and pecans (EXCELLENT!)

Pre-Arrival:
Fresh baked chocolate chip or English toffee cookies, milk
That's what I had last night from JFK-SFO. Maybe I missed it, but do most transcon have the same menu?
Old Jan 12, 11, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP (3MM), UA PLT, DL PM, MR PLT PREM, HH DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, OTHERS
Originally Posted by gipsss View Post
That's what I had last night from JFK-SFO. Maybe I missed it, but do most transcon have the same menu?
Yes, all transcons share the same monthly menu for each meal (breakfast,lunch,dinner,snack) for each direction of travel. 3-class (762,777) J transcon menus will be identical to 2-class (763,757,737) F.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 12, 11, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Good info to know for future reference. Thanks, FlyerBeek.

By the way, if you don't like or are allergic to the food options offered, can you ask for a sandwich box that is being sold in Y? Just wondering. Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 11, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT
AA684
AUS-JFK
F "Lunch"
1/7/11

Pre-departure drink and warm nuts
Choice of chicken cobb salad or 3 cheese enchilada
Salad
Hummus and Pita Chips
Warm coconut cookie for desert

AA695
JFK-AUS
F "Snack"
1/10/11

Salad
Hummus and Pita Chips
Warm coconut cookie for dessert

** Edit to include items that I forgot about: should have taken a picture!

Last edited by toast24; Jan 13, 11 at 4:58 pm
Old Jan 12, 11, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3MM), UA PLT, DL PM, MR PLT PREM, HH DIAMOND, IHG SPIRE AMB, OTHERS
Originally Posted by Robt760 View Post
Soup on Late Night Domestic Flights seems to be an issue. Either Catering only loads two or the Flight Attendants don't want to serve the soup/don't distribute menus that mention it etc.. My opinion would be to load two choices, a soup or a light cold plate (Cheese/cracker or salad w/ protein )
I'm not sure why but on roughly 50% of my redeye transcons I never even receive the Midnight Raid menu - although I often see them sitting somewhere in the galley. Many times the soup isn't even mentioned by the FA taking orders and must be specifically requested - but it is loaded. I often wonder if they do this purposely because so few soups are catered, as it seems to happen too frequently to be unintentional (and I cannot recall the last time I wasn't given a menu on a daytime transcon).

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 12, 11, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek View Post
I'm not sure why but on roughly 50% of my redeye transcons I never even receive the Midnight Raid menu - although I often see them sitting somewhere in the galley. Many times the soup isn't even mentioned by the FA taking orders and must be specifically requested - but it is loaded. I often wonder if they do this purposely because so few soups are catered, as it seems to happen too frequently to be unintentional (and I cannot recall the last time I wasn't given a menu on a daytime transcon).

-FlyerBeek

Agreed - about 50% no menus on the redeyes. I especially find that I have to ask when seated in the 762 J cabin. (more reliable on the 752s, but I try to avoid those flights!) On the 762s in J, it seems that the FAs would rather just explain the choices than pass out the menus. But because I collect them for posterity, I always ask for them. The FAs never mention the soup. On my last flight, the warmed rolls were never passed out for those requesting the fruit/cheese plate; only to those requesting the salad w/ protein option.
Old Jan 13, 11, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT, Hilton Diamond
Interesting that you got the same meal even though one flight was listed as Lunch and the other sa Snack. I wonder since you flew out of JFK that makes a big difference!

Originally Posted by toast24 View Post
AA684
AUS-JFK
F "Lunch"
1/7/11

AA695
JFK-AUS
F "Snack"
1/10/11

Old Jan 13, 11, 5:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, AS MVP 75K, JL Emerald, A3 *G, Hyatt Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
AA 1965
Dallas Ft. Worth to San Francisco (DFW-SFO)
First Class
Jan 2011

Breakfast

Sides
Cinnamon Raison Bagel or Biscult
Side Fruit Plate

Main Course
Cheese Omelette
A cheddar Cheese Omelette with hash browns and cheddar and gravy sauce

Cereal
Kellogg Corn Flakes served with or without milk

Last edited by dstan; Jan 13, 11 at 12:45 pm Reason: added airport codes for searchability
Old Jan 13, 11, 5:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, AS MVP 75K, JL Emerald, A3 *G, Hyatt Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
AA 1461
Dallas Ft. Worth to San Francisco (DFW-SFO)
First Class
Jan 2011

Lunch

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Sides
Pita chips with hummus
Side Salad with green pepper and tomatoes on Greek Vinaigrette

Main Course

Chicken Sandwich
Creamy White Chicken with red pepper served on Flatbread

Or Salmon Salad
Grilled Salmon on Mixed Greens served with Mandarin Orange and Raspberry Vinigrette

Dessert

Freshly baked on board cookies (Oatmeal Cranberry)

Last edited by dstan; Jan 13, 11 at 12:45 pm Reason: added airport codes for searchability
Old Jan 13, 11, 5:07 am

AA 2282
San Francisco to Dallas Ft. Worth (SFO-DFW)
First Class
Jan 2011

Lunch

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Sides
Pita chips with hummus
Side Greek Salad with chopped tomatoes and cucumber with feta cheese and Creamy ranch dressing

Main Course
Chicken Club Salad
Grilled Chicken on Mixed Greens served with cherry tomatoes, grated cheese and pepper cream dressing

Or Cheeseburger
Juicy beef patty burger served with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles with condiments of mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup. A bag of Mrs. Vickies on the side

Dessert

Freshly baked on board cookies (Chocolate Chip)

Man eating this meal 3 days in a row was simply wow!
That salad sure got old on me quick

Search this Thread