FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1165841-2011-aa-domestic-meals-menus-menu-photos-etc-consolidated.html)

All American Flyer Feb 16, 2011 12:11 am

SFO777, the Eagle meal looks quite good I must say! My only concern with the meals on AE is that they are inconsistent. On some flights within normal meal times, no meal is served (most likely due to catering issues) but there is a certain inconsistency. For those who don't look specifically, it can be quite confusing.

Also, the "Refreshments" offered on Eagle are different from those offered on mainline. On Eagle, even on flights of more than 2 hours, "Refreshments" involve a choice of room temperature mixed nuts or "premium snack mix". Mainline refreshments are warmed nuts and a warm cookie.

SFO777 Feb 19, 2011 7:30 am

My 6:25pm PIT-DFW next week is showing Snack instead of Dinner. Is this new? Not certain, but I seem to recall a full dinner on this MD80 flight a few months ago. Then again, is there really a difference between Snack and Dinner on that or similar route? My recollection is that AA does not have catering in PIT if that makes a difference.

Stripe Feb 19, 2011 7:57 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 15873060)
[B]My first AE meal flight. Choice of Waldorf salad or ham and cheese. Being at the wrong end of FEBO in 1C, I had a choice of H&C or H&C. What a contrast in FA attitude from this morning's mainline flight. "Dr. Bob" was in charge today. What a great FA, great attitude and terrific rapport with the pax. Flawless service. Multiple, yes multiple PDBs and great in flight service including hot towels before service, mixed nuts in ramekin and never an empty glass.

Do the AE planes have ovens? Were the nuts and sandwich warmed?

SFO777 Feb 19, 2011 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 15893851)
Do the AE planes have ovens? Were the nuts and sandwich warmed?

The nuts were room temp, the sandwich was cold, but the towels were indeed hot and distributed with tongs from a tray of rolled towels. They were not water-logged so it had to have more than just the FA running hot water over them??

Stripe Feb 19, 2011 8:14 am

DFW-ORD Lunch:

Warm mixed nuts in ramekin (with refills)
Choice of hot chicken sandwich or salad with BBQ chicken
Bag of Stacy's pita chips
Cheese spread
Bag of tortilla strips
Dessert was warm cookie

ORD-DFW Lunch:

Identical

It was more than I thought I would get on that route and quite good overall. DL would not have served even a cold meal on a flight that short. I had the salad both ways and enjoyed it but I could see where it could get old quickly. It was shredded chicken mixed in a sweet BBQ sauce, on top of a salad of lettuce, corn, black beans and goat cheese.

Service was outstanding DFW-ORD. Was offered a second cookie after some pax declined theirs. Service on return was pretty perfunctory. Cookie served asap after lunch trays distributed, so you not only had to balance this extra thing but it was cold by the time you wanted to eat it. The horror.

Sorry no pix.

clark_addison Feb 19, 2011 8:34 am

Breakfast Quesadilla!

When I fly out of ORD in the morning, I sometimes cave in and grab the Dunkin Donuts bagel sandwich rather than risk the AA omelet. This week I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast quesadilla that had a some accompanying slices of grilled chorizo. This was ORD-LAS.

SFO777 Feb 19, 2011 8:37 am

Originally Posted by clark_addison (Post 15894019)
When I fly out of ORD in the morning, I sometimes cave in and grab the Dunkin Donuts bagel sandwich rather than risk the AA omelet. This week I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast quesadilla that had a some accompanying slices of grilled chorizo. This was ORD-LAS.

Another breakfast meat sighting!! ^

Abidjan Feb 19, 2011 9:39 am

MIA-ORD
Dinner
February 18, 2011
AA 295
4:10-6:35 p.m.

Tortellini or Grilled Chicken (with potatoes, greens)
Salad
Shrimp cocktail
Rolls (Sourdough or Whole Grain)
Ice Cream

Went with the chhicken. Overall, very good. ^

ESpen36 Feb 19, 2011 10:05 am

Originally Posted by All American Flyer (Post 15873503)
SFO777, the Eagle meal looks quite good I must say! My only concern with the meals on AE is that they are inconsistent. On some flights within normal meal times, no meal is served (most likely due to catering issues) but there is a certain inconsistency. For those who don't look specifically, it can be quite confusing.

Also, the "Refreshments" offered on Eagle are different from those offered on mainline. On Eagle, even on flights of more than 2 hours, "Refreshments" involve a choice of room temperature mixed nuts or "premium snack mix". Mainline refreshments are warmed nuts and a warm cookie.

The difference is that Eagle aircraft do not have ovens, so hot items cannot be served except for those reconstituted (or prepared) with hot water from the coffee makers. So, hot towels and instant oatmeal can be offered, but not warmed nuts, baked-on-board cookies, or other hot entrees.

I agree that it creates an inconsistency with mainline "Refreshment" flights, but after all, AA and AE are two different airlines, with different crews and operating certificates. It would seem logical that on-board service would not be identical.

FlightNurse Feb 19, 2011 12:48 pm

AE is wholly owned subsidiary of AMR Corp. American Airlines also has unrelated airlines under contract to provide regional service under the American Connection brand.

I just think because of the lack of ovens AE has to change its meal service.

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 15894438)
I agree that it creates an inconsistency with mainline "Refreshment" flights, but after all, AA and AE are two different airlines, with different crews and operating certificates. It would seem logical that on-board service would not be identical.

toast24 Feb 19, 2011 1:37 pm

DFW-LAX
Snack
February 14th, 2011
AA 2417
10:40AM - 12:15PM
MD80

Warm nuts to start

Choice of BBQ Chicken Salad or Roast Beef Sandwich
Parmesan Garlic pita chips
Plain cheese spread
Salad with cream peppercorn dressing

Caramel toffee coconut cookie to finish

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o...9/a17bd53a.jpg

All American Flyer Feb 19, 2011 4:56 pm

LAX-JFK Breakfast in First Class

Breakfast Skillet (see earlier descriptions)
OR
Breakfast Strata (looked quite terrible-some kind of egg dish with gruyere cheese)
Both served w/seasonal fruit appetizer
OR
Cereal with Yogurt and Berries

Breads:Chocolate chip scones (excellent); Bagels;Biscuits

Before Arrival:
Warmed nuts
Choice of cranberry walnut or chocolate chip cookies

Overall, not a great menu. My experience in the past has been that they have had oatmeal, one egg dish and one sweet dish. Nonetheless, the delicious scones made up for this imperfection.

lobo411 Feb 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by All American Flyer (Post 15896171)
Breakfast Strata (looked quite terrible-some kind of egg dish with gruyere cheese)

You gotta admit, though...great name! =P

Short hair Francis Feb 19, 2011 7:43 pm

AA 1203
Toronto to Dallas Ft. Worth (YYZ-DFW)
Business Class
Feb 2011

Snack/Brunch

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Sides
Pita chips with hummus
Side Salad with green pepper and tomatoes on Italian Dressing

Main Course
Chicken Parmesan
Cheese Fried Chicken with green beans with red salsa sauce on side

Shrimp Salad
Large Shrimp on Green salad with green and red pepper and tomatoes on Italian Dressing

Dessert

Freshly baked on board cookies (Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cranberry)

I don't know who in the AA barn was crazy enough to think up Shrimp salad but yuck:mad:

Short hair Francis Feb 19, 2011 9:03 pm

AA 1415
Dallas Ft. Worth to San Francisco (DFW-SFO)
First Class
Feb 2011

Dinner

To start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Appetizer
Shrimp Cocktail
Large Shrimp served with lemon wedge and cocktail sauce

Salad
Side Greek Salad with chopped tomatoes and cucumber with feta cheese and Creamy ranch dressing

Main Course
Tomato Ravioli
Stuffed Cheese Ravioli served on tomato sauce with melted grated cheese

Baked Salmon
Baked salmon strip on white sauce served along broccoli and fried white rice

Dessert
Fruit and Cheese Plate
Assorted cheese wedges with crackers and red grapes

Brownie Sundae
Rich Chocolate Brownie served with a scope of Vanilla Ice cream