Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by tom911
On the 3:30pm JFK-SFO, choice of Four Cheese Ravioli with Tomato Cream Sauce, or,

Stuffed Breast of Chicken
Stuffed chicken served with sage sauce accompanied by sauteed squash and wild rice with apples, cranberries and roasted pecans

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...62_uydeh-S.jpg
I'm on the 7:25pm JFK-SFO flight (762 in J) next week. Should I expect the same menu? I've put in a request for veg meal which I guess is the vegan meal and won't be the ravioli (which is what I would prefer)? Is it possible to request a non-vegan veg meal, which probably would the increase the chances of getting the ravioli.

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm Reason: removed img tags
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by unicon
I'm on the 7:25pm JFK-SFO flight (762 in J) next week. Should I expect the same menu? I've put in a request for veg meal which I guess is the vegan meal and won't be the ravioli (which is what I would prefer)? Is it possible to request a non-vegan veg meal, which probably would the increase the chances of getting the ravioli.
No. But if you have a good FEBO seat - you'll be able to select the pasta option.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sts603
No. But if you have a good FEBO seat - you'll be able to select the pasta option.
Even the wrong end of FEBO will probably get you the pasta.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The true flight time between DFW-DEN is under 2hr Flt# 2272 was 1 hr and 43 minutes. DEN-DFW Flt # 2382 was 1 hr and 25 minutes. AA has 5-6 flights between DFW-DEN and the DEN-DFW has 2. It aapears that those planes are not making a turn around. So could it be that the planes that go on to DFW are coming from a station that does not cater?
The block time, not the flight time matters. If it was the flight time, scores of other flights wouldn't have meals or snacks.

AA flies DFW-DEN 10 times a day round-trip - all on the MD-80. The vast majority if not all are turnarounds because there are only two other MD-80 flights into DEN (from ORD - which clearly caters - but thats a moot point anyways given that its the block time, not the flight time that dictates meal service).
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777
Especially since its veggie pasta
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by sts603
Especially since its veggie pasta
Thats good to know :-) because I'm at the wrong end of FEBO. Ordered the veggie meal because wasn't sure if there would be a veg option at all. Probably better off cancelling the special meal as I have heard the vegan meal is much much worse.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
When you board inform a FA that you would rather have the pasta dish because of dietary reasons, they usually will work with you on that.

Originally Posted by unicon
Thats good to know :-) because I'm at the wrong end of FEBO. Ordered the veggie meal because wasn't sure if there would be a veg option at all. Probably better off cancelling the special meal as I have heard the vegan meal is much much worse.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 2:59 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Maybe its just a trend on MIA-LAX, but I notice the opposite almost without fail.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 5:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Maybe its just a trend on MIA-LAX, but I notice the opposite almost without fail.
My guess is that's route-specific. Same thing true with SFO routes. Not that I've noticed pasta go before red meat per se but just stranger eating habits amongst the passengers (large things of coconut milk, etc.) and less alcohol being served.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA17 JFK-SFO J February 2011

AA17 JFK-SFO J February 2011
Dinner

To Start
Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer
Prosciutto garnished with Parmesan cheese, served with cantaloupe puree

Salad
A combination salad featuring fresh seasonal greens offered with sour cream and herb dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar and accompanied by a mozzarella, cherry tomato, and fresh basil salad

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Beef Fillet with Demi-Glace
Grilled fillet of beef enhanced b a shallot and caper demi-glace served with mashed potatoes, carrots, squash and red onion
An American Classics item

Four Cheese Ravioli
Ravioli pasta filled with four cheeses accented by herbed wild mushroom cream sauce

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

Light Refreshment
Freshly baked on board cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

2/11
3Cls, Business, Dinner - Snack

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 15, 2011 at 7:37 am Reason: copied flight info into body for mobile users
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
I made the mistake once of ordering the pasta...
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by jbdk
I made the mistake once of ordering the pasta...
I don't find the pasta as repulsive as some of you do . In fact, I had a very good meal of shrimp cocktail, Greek salad, and ravioli the other night (followed by brownie a la mode) that I would be thrilled to be served again.

Then again, I also recently ordered tortellini in some sort of mushroom sauce that I regretted as soon as it was placed in front of me.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:14 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by barelyelite
I don't find the pasta as repulsive as some of you do . In fact, I had a very good meal of shrimp cocktail, Greek salad, and ravioli the other night (followed by brownie a la mode) that I would be thrilled to be served again.

Then again, I also recently ordered tortellini in some sort of mushroom sauce that I regretted as soon as it was placed in front of me.
I think red sauce is slightly more tolerable than white sauce? I had the same meal...I cut up my shrimp cocktail into small bite-sized pieces and threw them into my pasta to warm them up a bit. After I had the salad, I enjoyed my "shrimp and ravioli" entree. Then I followed tom911's example of adding in a bottle of Bailey's to my sundae. (Sheesh - I'm like a 5-year old, mixing all of my foods together. )
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
When you board inform a FA that you would rather have the pasta dish because of dietary reasons, they usually will work with you on that.
No guarantee though. I've seen FAs adamantly enforce FEBO under the banner of fairness. It makes sense. Though once a non-veggie offered up his pasta to a vegetarian raising a fuss on LHR-ORD. The FA basically said no, he sat behind the vegetarian and was entitled to his meal choice and thus wouldn't allow him to give it up.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
SFO-DFW
Breakfast
February 15, 2011
AA 600
7:005-12:30P (12:02P actual)
737-800 (No Wi-Fi)

Choice of southwest omelet or Special K served by a crew that was working to rule today. No PDB. Wheels up at 7:10A, first appearance in the cabin at 7:45A. And hot towels just before the mints on final. ^

DFW-MKE
Lunch
February 15, 2011
AA 3529
1:10P-3:24P
CR7

My first AE meal flight. Choice of Waldorf salad or ham and cheese. Being at the wrong end of FEBO in 1C, I had a choice of H&C or H&C. What a contrast in FA attitude from this morning's mainline flight. "Dr. Bob" was in charge today. What a great FA, great attitude and terrific rapport with the pax. Flawless service. Multiple, yes multiple PDBs and great in flight service including hot towels before service, mixed nuts in ramekin and never an empty glass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.