FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Two AA Questions (on time stats and class of service) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1162415-two-aa-questions-time-stats-class-service.html)

springpa Dec 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Two AA Questions (on time stats and class of service)

1- Airlines are required to advise customers about the on time flight histories. I am unable to find this on the AA website. Does anyone know how to access this information?

2- Is there an easy way on line to find out if AA offers business service between two cities? For example, from LA to Miami there is a flight that offers this service but it is almost impossible to find it on the website.

JDiver Dec 20, 2010 6:45 pm

1) When you see the flights presented, if you click on the blue flight number, you are presented with a popup box with on time flight information (but some of us actually use services like FlightStats to determine that), just as when you click on the blue "Flight Details" you will see the aircraft type, etc.

2) One problem is that AA has mostly two classes of service - and whilst the service in the pointy end is called "First" domestically, it is called "Business" internationally; on three class aircraft, they offer First, Business and Economy (Coach).

If you will be flying AA often, I recommend the excellent FAQ (sticky thread) and the Wiki (linked to there).

Originally Posted by springpa (Post 15492078)
1- Airlines are required to advise customers about the on time flight histories. I am unable to find this on the AA website. Does anyone know how to access this information?

2- Is there an easy way on line to find out if AA offers business service between two cities? For example, from LA to Miami there is a flight that offers this service but it is almost impossible to find it on the website.

emma dog Dec 20, 2010 6:47 pm

1. On aa.com when they list flight numbers if you click it the performance information will be listed if available.

2. When selecting a flight there will be an option for First if it is available. All mainline flights have First/Business.

MAH4546 Dec 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Currently AA 231 (MIA-LAX) and 280 (LAX-MIA) are three-class service.

AA 299, 271 and 277 (MIA-LAX); and AA 1520 and 252 (LAX-MIA) have two-class service, but First Class is is the international business class seats.

The easy way to find this out is simple: when you book a flight, there will be a business class fare available if it has three classes.