Community
Wiki Posts
Search

suggestions for SFO-asia redemption?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kebosabi
I second at looking at this option. If you want to visit many places within Japan and Asia on a single itinerary, taking the OW award option is the best way to go as it has lots of flexibility and opens doors to a lot more opportunities in travel.

Be creative; you can even do SFO-HNL-HND-CTS-HIJ-HND-GMP-KIX-TPE-HKG-BKK-NRT-YVR whose total distance comes to 19,329 mi allowing you to hit Honolulu, all over Japan, Seoul, Taipei, Hong Kong, Bangkok, and finishing off your journey in Vancouver for only 130,000 miles in J. Then take the Amtrak Cascades + Amtrak Coast Starlight from Vancouver all the way to the Bay Area and you'll have a trip to remember for years.

The only problem is figuring out if you can fit all that in your vacation schedule
yea.. i've only got two weeks so i was planning on spending that on the ground in japan and then in HK and actually minimizing the flying to just the three legs. i know that's sort of backwards as an FTer but what can an american in a 9-6 with 10 days off a year do ? besides move to europe
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by decibel08
yea.. i've only got two weeks so i was planning on spending that on the ground in japan and then in HK and actually minimizing the flying to just the three legs. i know that's sort of backwards as an FTer but what can an american in a 9-6 with 10 days off a year do ? besides move to europe
Given this, I think your options are All-Airline awards and arrange your own travel between Tokyo and Hong Kong, or go with a oneworld distance-based award and include that segment for an extra 10,000 or 20,000 miles. You'll also need to decide whether you want to go F or J (Is sufficient F inventory available on or near the dates you want? Does JAL offer F on the segment you want? If not, do you want to take a free connection in LAX and fly into NRT to get JAL's swanky F product?). Of course, one more option if you opt for an All-Airline award is to go outbound in J and return in F... Options options options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.