Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Weather: Europe / UK Snow/Weather & AA Flights Dec 2010 (consolidated)

Weather: Europe / UK Snow/Weather & AA Flights Dec 2010 (consolidated)

Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 2.9MM, Fairmont PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Looks like the chaos at Heathrow will continue through Monday at least. Closed for all arrivals and most departures on Sunday, 12/19.....

--------------------------------------------------------
Heathrow Airport update

Heathrow Airport will be not be accepting arrivals on Sunday, and will only manage a handful of departures as our airfield team continues to deal with the impacts of yesterday's bad weather and prepares the airport for a full re-opening on Monday.

We are extremely sorry for the disruption this will cause to passengers and airlines and we stress that passengers must check with their airline before travelling to the airport. We will provide regular updates.

In the last few minutes, we have listened carefully to the advice of our airside operations team and have reluctantly judged that while Heathrow's northern runway remains clear, the change in temperature overnight has led to a significant build up of ice on parking stands around the planes and this requires the airfield to remain closed until it is safe to move planes around.

We have 200 aircraft parking stands and have a team of several hundred people working to treat these airside areas and to keep passengers in the terminal as warm and as comfortable as possible while we do everything we can to get Heathrow moving.

We are removing 30 tonnes of snow from each stand, but the temperature remains firmly below zero and Heathrow's capacity is limited to the extent that all parking stands are occupied by aircraft, making the job of clearing and treating them more difficult.

Safety is our first priority and we hope this course of action will allow us to offer a fuller service to passengers and airlines using Heathrow tomorrow.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
With LHR closed tomorrow I find it unbelievable that AA sent AA98 out of ORD at 10:20 tonight. It was diverted to quickly BOS then to JFK. You have to feel sorry for the passengers.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL98
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA LFT. PLAT
Originally Posted by g1ant
With LHR closed tomorrow I find it unbelievable that AA sent AA98 out of ORD at 10:20 tonight. It was diverted to quickly BOS then to JFK. You have to feel sorry for the passengers.

as of now they are still sending pax to lhr tonight on 98. the current departure time is 200A EST... I will update my post if the status changes...
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by g1ant

In AA's defense DL sent their two DTW-LHR flights out tonight as well both were sent to JFK as well. Continental also sent 34 the IAH-LHR flight which is currently returning to IAH.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:05 am

darn

my flight has been cancelled. trying to figure out when to go because it looks like snow on Monday as well. at least I'm not stuck in an airport..
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:16 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by lightbulb
my flight has been cancelled. trying to figure out when to go because it looks like snow on Monday as well. at least I'm not stuck in an airport..
Which flight are you taking and from where?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
the wait to get through to an agent is insane... been holding for over 30 minutes now and that's for the EXP line. i got a text message saying "FLIGHT CANCELED. REBOOK IN PROGRESS. WILL UPDATE YOU SHORTLY" followed up by another text message that said "UNABLE TO REBOOK, PLS CALL TO RESCHEDULE"
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:36 am

please continue to hold

I've been on hold for over 1 hour, but they apologize for the delay in answering my call, so it's all good.

original: ORD - LHR AA90
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
got through after an hour and ended up with a very unhappy agent.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by mmjaysee
got through after an hour and ended up with a very unhappy agent.

Ive been on hold with the UK team for over an hour then the line just went dead.. Now im on hold with the US team again..
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold
Have been on hold this morning for over 1 hour 20 minutes already and still not through to an agent. Allowing online changes for international flights would save a lot of pain and aggravation. BA lets you change online, c'mon AA get with the program.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
70 mins and still waiting to get through to the EXP line. Does anyone know if EXP calls overflow to the main number? If there are only a few EXP agents on at this time of the night I wonder whether calling the main number (or UK number) would get a quicker result. Not prepared to risk hanging up and trying it though!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold
i'm on the phone to both lines - US and UK. same hold music. it's like listening in stereo. so not sure if there are different queues.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:28 am

An hour in, Still on hold :/

The connecting flight is meant to leave in a few hours.....
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Franklybrit
70 mins and still waiting to get through to the EXP line. Does anyone know if EXP calls overflow to the main number?
Yes it does.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.