Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

American Airlines and British Airways Open First Joint Admirals Club Lounge Denver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Airlines and British Airways Open First Joint Admirals Club Lounge Denver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer

Not bad for an AA AC domestic club. Not sure what the BA flyers will think.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...FAADEN&h=f17a3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUL8cfCijw
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
BA regulars are NOT going to be happy about this.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by justforfun
I did notice the AA pay-for-food menu in the youtube clip. Presumably paid (premium) drinks as well.......
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
Looks good to me. Would like to pay a visit!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by justforfun
They'll survive, it's freakin' Denver, not LHR or HKG.

Frankly, I'm very, very surprised that there aren't more "joint" lounges. When I continue to see how the vast majority of AA EXPs frequent the BA lounges in LRH it perplexes me that AA continues to pour money into an LHR FL rather than simply striking a deal with BA to share that cost burden.

I suspect we are going to start seeing more of these...

Regards
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:38 pm

Ah, Ronda! Best AAngel out there!
Can't wait to fly through in Dec/Jan. Been a long time since I've gone through DEN now that I don't live there anymore.

As for the BA fliers? I'm sure they'll love this more than they will the previous BA lounge at DEN. It was a private lounge operated by a 3rd party, so at least this brings the operations "in house". Yes, there is no complimentary food other than the small snacks, but the premium liquors are still free for international travelers, BA travelers included.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Wow, that looks like a nice place! Much better than the old CO PC!! Even though I have a membership to the RCC, and don't fly AA (at least at the present time), I may purchase a day-pass to see more of the lounge.

...if only UA could do something like that to the RCCs in DEN!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by scubadu
When I continue to see how the vast majority of AA EXPs frequent the BA lounges in LRH
I HIGHLY doubt that. My guess is its somewhere down in the 10-20% of EXPs. My guess is most don't even know that the BA lounge is an option (not that it doesn't exist - but that they have access to it instead of an AA lounge when departing an AA flight). Remember that FTers do NOT represent the average frequent flier.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Doghound
Ah, Ronda! Best AAngel out there!
Can't wait to fly through in Dec/Jan. Been a long time since I've gone through DEN now that I don't live there anymore.

As for the BA fliers? I'm sure they'll love this more than they will the previous BA lounge at DEN. It was a private lounge operated by a 3rd party, so at least this brings the operations "in house". Yes, there is no complimentary food other than the small snacks, but the premium liquors are still free for international travelers, BA travelers included.
ONE premium liquour.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral
Not bad for an AA AC domestic club. Not sure what the BA flyers will think.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...FAADEN&h=f17a3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUL8cfCijw
I do miss the Rocky Mountain. Also, I don't like how the newer clubs have these weird chairs with no arm rests. Otherwise, quite nice. Looks substantially larger than the old DEN AC which is needed.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sts603
I HIGHLY doubt that. My guess is its somewhere down in the 10-20% of EXPs. My guess is most don't even know that the BA lounge is an option (not that it doesn't exist - but that they have access to it instead of an AA lounge when departing an AA flight). Remember that FTers do NOT represent the average frequent flier.
Actually, very fair point sts603. I responded rather quickly, but I suspect you are correct. I should have said the vast majority of "FT EXPs"

So, I do agree with you. Nonetheless, I can't imagine that AA/BA/IB aren't seriously thinking about this going forward. The carrying costs for multiple lounges surely isn't insignificant; particularly F lounges.

Regards
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Nonetheless, I can't imagine that AA/BA/IB aren't seriously thinking about this going forward.
AHH, double negative!!

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
ONE premium liquour.
Really? I've always had luck getting multiple by simply just asking. The Denver AAngels will have no problem giving out more than one, too. Although the question then becomes whether or not BA frequent fliers know this
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looks about like any newly remodeled club would be. Didn't notice anything unusually better because of it being a joint club. Looks like a remodeled club with a BA representative.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I have been to the new lounge as reported earlier, and for an AC, it is nice. However, for a BA gold, it's a downgrade.... no more free food and no more access if not flying OW. These are the two great things for BA gold: Free access to any BA lounge independently of which airline you fly and free drinks and food.
The food in DEN is minor to me but not totally inconsequential. However not being able to get access when flying another airline is a major downer...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
PS: On the plus side, the AAngels in DEN are wonderful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.