Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto (YYZ) to Vancouver (YVR) on AA/oneworld

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors DIA, Fairmont GLD they make me feel special!
you could just lookup Westjet and purchase a direct flight ticket. It the end - it just may be cheaper and easier.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by bmxaggie
you could just lookup Westjet and purchase a direct flight ticket. It the end - it just may be cheaper and easier.
I think in the end I might end up doing that as 50K doesn't sound too good for a NA award. But currently one way is around $300 and it's a party of 4 so I am trying to avoid paying a grand rather use miles instead.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I might look into taken B6 from BUF to JFK and then take CX to YVR.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: FT
you could sign up and spend 5K on the new BA card and get enough miles to do YYZ-JFK/LGA (9000 BA miles return) and then JFK-YVR on CX (25K or 50K in J)....34000 is not horrible. so if you can spend 5K that would leave you about 21000 BA miles or about 2 more RT tixt on AA to NYC from YYZ for future use...all for about 185 for the CC unless you downcovert after you get your 50K bonus to a no fee card...
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by mkjr
you could sign up and spend 5K on the new BA card and get enough miles to do YYZ-JFK/LGA (9000 BA miles return) and then JFK-YVR on CX (25K or 50K in J)....34000 is not horrible. so if you can spend 5K that would leave you about 21000 BA miles or about 2 more RT tixt on AA to NYC from YYZ for future use...all for about 185 for the CC unless you downcovert after you get your 50K bonus to a no fee card...
If you use BA Avios for JFK-YVR-JFK on CX, you'll pay fuel surcharges, and some U.S. taxes because the award ticket will no longer be considered "free" by the IRS. Better to just use the Avios for the YYZ-NYC-YYZ legs, and use AA miles for the JFK-YVR-JFK legs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.