AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Old Nov 12, 10, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by riteshraja View Post
Has golden gate bridge in the background so maybe more flights at SFO?
haha they should've picked a better graphic. like the hollywood sign... that would have been more appropriate given the LAX expansion.
Old Nov 12, 10, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
My email came in at 4:26 central.

Anyway, I'll be happy if the new site...
1. Doesn't make you check "Remember my AAdvantage Number" every time.
2. Has a "My Reservations" link that's easy to see and click no matter where you are.
3. Doesn't have a mixed up order of flights every time you do a search.
4. Lets you more easily see the F seat map if you're doing a search.
5. Doesn't time out so quickly.
6. Doesn't run more slowly than the current site.
7. Doesn't have a bunch of Flash or fancy graphics that take longer to load and don't render consistently in different browsers.

Long shots, but would be wonderful if it...
1. Showed upgrade standby lists (or at least your position) online.
2. Let you confirm or standby to alternate flights during OLCI.
3. Brought back flexible searches by date.
4. Let EXPs see expanded award availability online.
Old Nov 12, 10, 8:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The (lack of) power of parallel computing, brought to you by dueling transcontinental mods. A merged thread with the entire enchilada, and an apology for any and all confusion. /JDiver

Now, will the call the new, improved website something like, er, "Eaasy Sabre"?
Old Nov 12, 10, 9:14 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
The (lack of) power of parallel computing, brought to you by dueling transcontinental mods. A merged thread with the entire enchilada, and an apology for any and all confusion. /JDiver

Now, will the call the new, improved website something like, er, "Eaasy Sabre"?
I heart Eaasy Saber
Old Nov 12, 10, 9:57 pm

Its time....and long overdue - the current AA website is one of the most unfriendly websites - I will be looking forward to this new site.
Old Nov 12, 10, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Increased cosmetics on the front end, decreased functionality on the back end. This enhancement will be announced via e-mail, tweeted on twitter, posted on facebook, and the press release will be released on Monday. Shortly after that, our official AA presence will start a thread here to announce it.
Old Nov 12, 10, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by mmjaysee View Post
haha they should've picked a better graphic. like the hollywood sign... that would have been more appropriate given the LAX expansion.
A picture of S.H. 360 would have been more appropriate
Old Nov 13, 10, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
I wish they'd add the ability to request SWU upgrades, but I doubt that is a focus for them. I also wouldn't mind the ability to book partner/OW awards online.
Old Nov 13, 10, 5:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Slightly off topic, but am i the only one who noticed that AA listed "Monitor your place on the standby list" as one of the features of its iPhone app? I have the app and i don't think i can see the list. It would be nice if the new aa.com has this feature.
Old Nov 13, 10, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA EXP, et. al.
Originally Posted by pdog02 View Post
Anybody else think it's ironic AA is using an image of the Golden Gate Bridge after all the cutbacks in the Bay area?
My exact same thought!!!
Old Nov 13, 10, 10:32 am

Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by jmanusa View Post
My exact same thought!!!
Yup, well it is symbolic-as it's our only option other than AS to get to SEA from the bay area! lol

I too wish we could use miles to upgrade and evip through the website. A more user friendly, 21st century way to get people to use their miles would be a godsend. I'm also hoping EXPs get extra flashier colors and a special webpage!
Old Nov 13, 10, 10:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum (OW Sapphire), HHonors Diamond, National Executive Asile
Originally Posted by pdog02 View Post
Anybody else think it's ironic AA is using an image of the Golden Gate Bridge after all the cutbacks in the Bay area?
Next year AA is opening a new expanded SFO Terminal 2 ... http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3009
Old Nov 13, 10, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by swag View Post
I've learned to hope for the best and expect the worst.

Two UI features that the site used to have, now lost: 1-click access to "My Reservations", and a "Remember me" checkbox that remembered to stay checked. I'd be happy if they bring those back and don't break anything else.
I like the adage "He who expects nothing is never disappointed", seems appropriate.
Old Nov 13, 10, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dugknight View Post
My Firefox browser won't even remember my credentials on AA.com like it does with most other sites. Not sure why that's never worked with AA. Auto-login or at least the Aadvantage number would be great. We are making up quite a wish-list here!
For some reason:

My Firefox browser on my personal laptop remembers my AA sign-on to the point that if I click in the AAdvatnage # field, it puts up a dropdown that has my AAdvantage number listed (and no others), and if click my AAdvantage number from that dropdown it fills it and my password in.

OTOH, my Firefox brower on my office desktop computer requires me to retype my AAdvantage # in full every time. Then when I tab over to the password field it fills that in.

I cannot figure out why it works differently on these two computers. It's not as simple as Firefox versions, because both computers have had Firefox updated many many times, and so while they may not both be at the same version all of the time, both have "crossed" the same version at different times at the very least.
Old Nov 13, 10, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kw335 View Post
Slightly off topic, but am i the only one who noticed that AA listed "Monitor your place on the standby list" as one of the features of its iPhone app? I have the app and i don't think i can see the list. It would be nice if the new aa.com has this feature.
It's never worked for me on the iPhone app either.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: