AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:37 pm

A little website humor

Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Those of you experiencing freeze ups etc should try updating Java and Flash on your computers... performance is good on our computers on a variety of platforms and speeds.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
New Website Design

How does everyone like the redesigned website, for booking a flight. I noticed it operates very slow. Do you have the same problem.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Looks good. .No partner award online yet ...
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum (1.4MM), SPG Platinum, Hertz PC, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
urg! That's just so annoying to me.
It may be the WORST thing I've seen on any website...

Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Bleh!

It's the exact same site with all the links across the top, instead of along the side. Big whoop.

Only good thing, and it is a really good thing, is the My Reservations button being accessible now. That's been a gripe for me for a long time. But I haven't seen any other changes other than cosmetic.
Seems useless to me now!

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 25, 2010 at 10:48 pm Reason: merge posts
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
The requirement to keep checking the box to keep my FF number on my computer is crazy.
It was the same way on the older site.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goldengate
Those of you experiencing freeze ups etc should try updating Java and Flash on your computers... performance is good on our computers on a variety of platforms and speeds.
I've updated both Java and Flash, and still am suffering painful slowness (and non-responses) in the loading of booking pages ---- to the point where I've had to make the bookings on travel agent sites instead of aa.com. Has anyone had success in improving their aa.com performance in the past few weeks ---- and if so, can you please pass along your path to such success?

[my browser is IE 8.0.7600.16385]

TIA!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Plat 5M
Very slow AA.COM since redesign

Anybody else experience this. Ever since they redesigned the AA.COM website I am finding it very slow to load pages completely. I find that it loads the page but then just hangs for 15-30 seconds. My browser is IE8 running on Windows 7 Enterprise. Apologies if this has already been discussed but I am seeking to determine whether this is due to the new web site or some issue on my PC.
RKDuke
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:49 am

YES! I totally agree - I am using Firefox at home and Safari at work. With safari, it seems to load quicker but the pages do not load entirely or are skewed to one side thereby making them unusable. With Firefox - they are SO SLOW and almost seem to hesitate incessantly when trying to enter anything.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:40 pm

+1

I was so frustrated with the speed and freezes (30+ seconds per page) that I had to make our most recent bookings at orbitz. Some pages pop up quickly/normally, but everything related to new bookings is painfully, miserably slow.

[N.B. I updated Flash and Java, as per a suggestion in another thread ---- without any apparent improvement.]
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
me too

I thought it was my computer and/or internet connection. So thanks for posting. Maybe they want us to use the telephone and pay the service charge.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Wow I (fortunately) am yet to have this problem. Everything to me is as fast as it was. I still have a number of frustrations with the functionality of the site, but have yet to experience technical/speed issues.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:14 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RKDuke
Anybody else experience this. Ever since they redesigned the AA.COM website I am finding it very slow to load pages completely. I find that it loads the page but then just hangs for 15-30 seconds. My browser is IE8 running on Windows 7 Enterprise. Apologies if this has already been discussed but I am seeking to determine whether this is due to the new web site or some issue on my PC.
RKDuke
I don't think you're alone with this issue... For me, speed seems to be the same as pre-redesign, but in the "AA.com redesign" thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...15-2010-a.html), you'll find many of the last 20-30 replies also mentioning slowness and freezing of the site.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:48 pm

I just downloaded Google Chrome (a browser that I first heard about last week from their sponsorship of free WiFi on various flights during the holiday season), and for reasons that I am entirely unqualified to explain, aa.com is now working on my desktop HP at normal speed ---- and dramatically faster than when using my IE8 browser.^^ I have no idea if it will work equally well on other machines, but it might be worth giving it a try.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I just downloaded Google Chrome (a browser that I first heard about last week from their sponsorship of free WiFi on various flights during the holiday season), and for reasons that I am entirely unqualified to explain, aa.com is now working on my desktop HP at normal speed ---- and dramatically faster than when using my IE8 browser.^^ I have no idea if it will work equally well on other machines, but it might be worth giving it a try.
Thanks for the tip. The home page loads slowly w/IE8. I click on something only to end up somewhere else because the page is behind my clicking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.