FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1147274-aa-com-re-design-monday-11-15-2010-a.html)

Spiff Nov 15, 2010 7:51 am

AAward travel on partner airlines? Nope. :(

hotelmotel Nov 15, 2010 8:00 am

+1 for not rendering properly in Chrome.

This points alone makes me less likely to use AA.com for my travel needs.

zman Nov 15, 2010 8:08 am

Originally Posted by normcpa (Post 15143575)
In my brief tour of the new website I didn't see anything different.:confused: Perhaps I'll see changes when I spend more time on the site.

Still can NOT pick a booking class
Looks like it is only a new format for display, little or no new features

richarddd Nov 15, 2010 8:31 am

Originally Posted by hotelmotel (Post 15143677)
+1 for not rendering properly in Chrome.

This points alone makes me less likely to use AA.com for my travel needs.

Renders fine for me in Chrome 7.0.517.44. What isn't it rendering for you?

hotelmotel Nov 15, 2010 8:51 am

Originally Posted by richarddd (Post 15143886)
Renders fine for me in Chrome 7.0.517.44. What isn't it rendering for you?

The select flights screen for award searches. Itineraries are cut off on the right side of the screen, such that I cannot see AM/PM or the last couple of letters of arrival airports.

Running same version as you.

Flyer Jon Nov 15, 2010 9:52 am

Still can't book awards on partner airlines. If I can book AA on QF + BA - is it really so difficult to set up:confused:

DillMan Nov 15, 2010 9:57 am

Wow, the "My Reservations" page is horrible. I have 20+ reservations right now and I can't see any of the old info (Status or Date Booked). Right now I have a held reservation from DTW, a canceled reservation from DTW, and a reservation I booked for a coworker from DTW for 11/19. They are all identical so if I want to, say, ticket the held reservation, I have to potentially click all 3.

Sounds trite, but considering I'm on AA.com multiple times a day booking my travel and travel for my workers, this is poop.

nsane1 Nov 15, 2010 10:58 am

Gotta love conversions. I played with this a bit on Sunday, device check-in wouldn't pull up and I had to call them. I am not a fan of the "my res" page. I don't see a whole lot of benefits, I mean sure it uses more real estatem, but... Oh well, I'll give it some time.

dstan Nov 15, 2010 11:22 am

Originally Posted by DillMan (Post 15144484)
Wow, the "My Reservations" page is horrible. I have 20+ reservations right now and I can't see any of the old info (Status or Date Booked). Right now I have a held reservation from DTW, a canceled reservation from DTW, and a reservation I booked for a coworker from DTW for 11/19. They are all identical so if I want to, say, ticket the held reservation, I have to potentially click all 3.

Sounds trite, but considering I'm on AA.com multiple times a day booking my travel and travel for my workers, this is poop.

You can access the old My Reservations page by navigating to it from the Reservations menu instead of using the new tab on the homepage.

aamilesslave Nov 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by dstan (Post 15145137)
You can access the old My Reservations page by navigating to it from the Reservations menu instead of using the new tab on the homepage.

Or by clicking "View All" from the tab.

mikeef Nov 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Still looking to be able to upgrade with miles on-line to avoid the extra fee (I fall to Plat next year.). Oh well.

Mike

pdog02 Nov 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 15145738)
Still looking to be able to upgrade with miles on-line to avoid the extra fee (I fall to Plat next year.). Oh well.

Mike

What extra fee? The co-pays aren't going away, even if it could be done online.

scnzzz Nov 15, 2010 12:35 pm

So underwhelmed

P.S. - Why did they bother? Barely cosmetic; once you get past the opening page it looks the same as it used to. All the hoopla - and the wonderfully "personalized" email getting me all wound up over the new site...boooo - Mr. Arpey, please, please, please try to pay your web designers to do something useful!

LAXNYER Nov 15, 2010 2:47 pm

disappointing that they would put so much effort and pr behind this only to not enhance any of the features so many of us have asked for (ability to attach upgrades/evips), partner awards etc etc etc.
Disappointed in the functionality problems too... but startup glitches are to be expected.

demkr Nov 15, 2010 9:55 pm

According to http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/11...signs-its.html, "American spokesman Billy Sanez said this was the first step in a redesign that will take about 12 to 18 months."

It looks like there's more to come.