No more alcoholic pre-departure drinks in Missouri?

Old Oct 31, 10, 5:38 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa View Post
Liquor may not be sold or served in the following stations while on the ground, though liquor may be served in-flight to/from these stations:

Connecticut, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Wyoming

Hartford (BDL)
Jackson Hole (JAC)
Kansas City (MCI)
Oklahoma City (OKC)
Tulsa (TUL)
Wichita (ICT)
Saint Louis (STL)

Texas:
Liquor may not be sold or served on the ground prior to noon on Sundays and between Monday through Saturday between midnight and 7am.
Liquor may be sold and served on flights operating within the state of TX prior to noon on Sundays

Hope this helps you to understand any confusion for these cities and the serving of alcohol.
I never had a problem leaving BDL and getting a PDB on DL or UA. That law seems to be spottily enforced.
Old Oct 31, 10, 6:20 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Isn't there a law that forbids alcohol being served on flights to New Mexico also?
Old Oct 31, 10, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by g_leyser View Post
Isn't there a law that forbids alcohol being served on flights to New Mexico also?
I think you are thinking about how USAirways had their New Mexico liquor license revoked after a passenger served one too many in flight got into an accident which killed someone. Only impacted US.. no one else.

Greg
Old Oct 31, 10, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum

Liquor may be sold and served on flights operating within the state of TX prior to noon on Sundays

Hope this helps you to understand any confusion for these cities and the serving of alcohol.
Assuming this should be "not"....I wonder what they do when they cross into Mountain time out there in West Texas? Cut you off until New Mexico? Well, it's probably only 15 minutes air time.
Old Oct 31, 10, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hartford (BDL)
Jackson Hole (JAC)
Kansas City (MCI)
Oklahoma City (OKC)
Tulsa (TUL)
Wichita (ICT)
Saint Louis (STL)
But strangely, not Salt Lake City?
Old Oct 31, 10, 11:45 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
A "go cup" from the AC solves this problem in STL and MCI at least...
Old Nov 1, 10, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
A "go cup" from the AC solves this problem in STL and MCI at least...
I've solved the problem of FAs reluctant to pour a double Baileys and Coffee as an early morning pre-departure beverage at LAX by pouring my own at the Flagship Lounge. Since I carried it on, I get the additional benefit of not being forced to relinquish it for takeoff as I would if the FAs had poured it and I help alleviate the persistent problem of insufficient catering of Baileys.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: