Search

35-50k F OW award

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
35-50k F OW award

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

Need to fly SEA-NBO-SEA (SEA home) and was trying to maximize miles to use. Coming from my AA account, prefer F. Started thinking it might be a good use to increase from the 20K award for 180K miles to the 50K award for 330k miles with the following routing:

yvr-lhr-(so)nbo-lhr-(so)sea-(land)sfo-hkg-dps-hkg-(so)sfo-mia-(so)rec-mia-dfw-pdx = 49814 miles.

3 trips: YVR-NBO-SEA; SFO-DPS-SFO; SFO-REC-PDX

This leaves me needing to buy SEA-YVR, SEA-SFO-SEA-SFO, PDX-SEA.

Is this a good use of miles and routings?

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:49 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

Need to fly SEA-NBO-SEA (SEA home) and was trying to maximize miles to use. Coming from my AA account, prefer F. Started thinking it might be a good use to increase from the 20K award for 180K miles to the 50K award for 330k miles with the following routing:

yvr-lhr-(so)nbo-lhr-(so)sea-(land)sfo-hkg-dps-hkg-(so)sfo-mia-(so)rec-mia-dfw-pdx = 49814 miles.

3 trips: YVR-NBO-SEA; SFO-DPS-SFO; SFO-REC-PDX

This leaves me needing to buy SEA-YVR, SEA-SFO-SEA-SFO, PDX-SEA.

Is this a good use of miles and routings?

Thanks
Really a question for the AA board since it involves AA mileage use.

Is it a good use? If that's where you want to go and can assemble all the legs in one go, great. Remember with AA Oneworld awards you can't change the itinerary at all once it's made, except by canceling the whole shebang and starting from scratch.

Is it technically correct? No, you're only allowed one open-jaw; you've got two, SEA//SFO and YVR//PDX at the end. Just end in YVR, or else start in SEA and make YVR//SFO your only open segment. Watch the mileage with these changes.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'll move this discussion to the AAdvantage forum for expert assistance since AA rules apply.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.