Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexicana Ceases Flight Operations 28 Aug 2010

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Cathay still lists a Mexicana codeshare flight # during their welcome announcement HKG--> SFO. I smile every time I hear it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:47 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Tolarian Wind
Mexicana was finally removed from the list of OW carriers shown in the inflight magazine this month

TW
Why? They still list MX everywhere else. There was a brief time where Malev was removed from the OW site, nut that also reappeared. Maybe they should grey out the airlines in BK.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by uxb
Why? They still list MX everywhere else. There was a brief time where Malev was removed from the OW site, nut that also reappeared. Maybe they should grey out the airlines in BK.
But they need all the airlines that they can get because the alliance is weakening IMO.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:14 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
But they need all the airlines that they can get because the alliance is weakening IMO.
I wasn't making an argument for kicking the airlines out. I was just making a joke. However, I will argue against the need for "all the airlines they can get," because OW is about quality and not quantity. Of course, the petty squabbling between management and labour is causing quality to come under attack at all member airlines (both solvent and insolvent members). However, the way to overcome this is for both sides to come together and take collective hits. When both sides give, the whole is strengthened.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:30 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott BonVoy Titanium
Mexicana Award Ticket and Miles - Lost Forever?

I booked an award ticket with Mexicana miles while they were still in business (US to Mexico round-trip), but they went bankrupt before my flights and I always thought of my flight and all accumulated miles as being lost.

I tried contacting them but that did not help obviously.

Any thought on this issue? Do you think I will get those miles back if Mexicana ever comes back?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Mexicana Ceases Flight Operations 28 Aug 2010

Don't count on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.