Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Announces Expanded Benefits For AAdvantage Elite Members [award-related fees]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Announces Expanded Benefits For AAdvantage Elite Members [award-related fees]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Do we get a $50/$100 waiver OR only $30/$80

I actually felt cheated by $20 of the $100 fee waiver for award for a flight <6 days ahead.
I was in Australia in Jan and we had to fly across the flooded area (instead of driving). We booked a 1way Australian domestic AA award flight on QF.
I (Plat) was charged $20 ticket/airport tax +$20 for calling AA reservations.
My friend w/no status was charged $20 ticket/airport tax +$100 for an award booking at <6 days of flight, BUT none for calling AA reservations.
2 possibilities:
a. AA forgot to charge him $20 for calling reservations - good for him.
b. The $100 AA charged my friend INCLUDES $20 calling fee. Which means that people w/status only get a waiver of $80 of the $100 fee !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.