Earn AA miles on select B6 flights - Coming Soon?

Old Jul 19, 10, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (1 MM) | BA Silver | SPG Plat | Former EK Gold, CO Plat and AF Gold | Global Entry
Earn AA miles on select B6 flights - Coming Soon?

I saw this posted over on aa.com. Initially I didn't think much of it as it just seemed to be a repost of the original AA/B6 interlining announcement a few months ago, until I spotted this little nugget (emphasis mine):

The interline service can be booked through travel agencies, most North American online travel websites, American Airlines ticket counters and American Airlines Reservations. Both airlines are also working to make these flights available for sale on each other's websites.

Later this year, American's AAdvantage® members and JetBlue TrueBlue® members will be able to earn AAdvantage miles or TrueBlue points, respectively, when they fly on the cooperative flights listed below. More details to come.
Now I might be wrong here, but I don't think we got any official confirmation early on that there would be reciprocal mileage/points earning (outside of the fact that it was being explored). I do know there is an existing thread regarding the AA/B6 partnership, but I feel like this might deserve its own thread. If the mods disagree, feel free to merge.

Edit: It does look like I'm a little late to the party, and did not notice that this information was already posted in the consolidated thread. Mods feel free to merge/delete - apologies for the double post.

Last edited by Hyperacusis; Jul 19, 10 at 1:00 pm
Old Jul 19, 10, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Time to dig out that old thinking cap, dust it off, and put it on.

They are talking about international flights (AA) connecting to domestic flights (B6). It appears to say that you will be able to earn AA miles on AA's flights, and B6 miles on B6's flights. At least, that's how I interpret the word respectively.

But now that AmericanAirlines is taking a deeper role in Flyertalk, adding to our conversations, perhaps he will comment. Where is that darn BatSignal when we need it?
Old Jul 19, 10, 1:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
From the media room:

http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2969

FORT WORTH, Texas, July 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines and JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) tomorrow will launch their partnership to offer customers convenient connections and more travel options to and from New York and Boston.

American and JetBlue also announced today that they have agreed to begin a frequent flyer relationship later this year. Members of American's AAdvantage® program and JetBlue's TrueBlue® customer loyalty program will be able to earn AAdvantage miles or TrueBlue points, respectively, when they fly only on the cooperative interline routes listed below.

In other words, we would be able to earn AA miles if we fly JFK-PDX on B6, for example? Idk about EQM

Search this Thread