Go Back   > > >

Old Jul 17, 10, 4:36 pm   #1
Original Poster

AA.com CPM Calculator Extension (Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome)

Fellow FlyerTalkers,

Finding myself often wanting to compare CPMs on the fly, I have written an Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome extension/plugin that will do the work for me, and thought I'd share.

The Basics
Current version: 1.1.3 (20 May 2011)

General info at flyertools.kduarte.com

Safari: Install NinjaKit first, then install the AA CPM script from userscripts.org.
Firefox: Install GreaseMonkey first, then install the AA CPM script from userscripts.org.
Chrome: Install directly from the Google Chrome Extension Gallery (no need to install the script separately).

Help & discussion/suggestions here! If you see any NaN errors, please let me know so that I can fix them.

Motivation
This extension was born out of my own need to calculate CPMs. I sincerely want to see the extension improve, and I hope that users will submit feedback in this thread. Given such feedback, I hope to release future versions when appropriate.

Functionality
The extension will run on the Price & Schedule matrix pages at aa.com, and will (currently) only compute CPMs for the most discounted economy fare column (the left-most one).

The extension assumes distances from GPS coordinates of airports (which may vary slightly from AA's official flight distances), and adds $9.95 in taxes per segment, up to two segments, for those customers purchasing in dollars. Obviously, this assumption is inaccurate for flights to/from AK, HI, PR, USVI, and abroad, but still provides a general guide to compare CPMs by itinerary.

Screenshot

Nota Bene
This extension is written entirely by me on volunteer time. It is in no way written, distributed, endorsed, supported, or in any other way related to American Airlines other than using pricing data AA provides publicly on its website. The extension demands none (zero, zip, nada) of AA's web server resources to calculate CPMs.

Peace.

Last edited by imagineertobe; May 20, 11 at 7:08 am Reason: Updated info
Old Jul 17, 10, 5:19 pm   #2

Programs: AA EXP
sick.
Old Jul 17, 10, 6:42 pm   #3

i love you
Old Jul 17, 10, 6:47 pm   #4
ffI

Programs: AA 2MM, US CP, DL PM, UA 1k <=> HH DM, SPG/ClubC/Marr G, Hyatt/IHG Plat, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosu84 View Post
i love you
This is outrageously good.
Old Jul 17, 10, 6:54 pm   #5

5 Stars
Old Jul 17, 10, 8:17 pm   #6

Programs: AA EXP MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, HHonors Gold, RC Rewards Gold, VIPorter
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I don't like using the on-screen calculators, so now my TI from high school math will be collecting dust.
Old Jul 17, 10, 8:20 pm   #7

Thank you very much for the tool
Old Jul 17, 10, 9:51 pm   #8

Superb! Thanks for creating.
Old Jul 18, 10, 1:24 am   #9

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
This is really useful! I would also find it very helpful it it could display the total miles (I always seem to be short of EQM!).

Fares quoted in (UK resident) include tax, so the calculation nearly works for international fares in . To get it exactly right, my request would be, if the fare is quoted in , when updating the display with cpm info, retain the symbol (), and do not add 9.95.
Old Jul 18, 10, 1:39 am   #10

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
Oh........ my god.. Jesus reborn!
Old Jul 18, 10, 6:23 am   #11

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordchan View Post
Oh........ my god.. Jesus reborn!
Well, comforting to know that whole scale melodrama is still alive and well on FT...

Regards
Old Jul 18, 10, 7:40 am   #12

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
Well, comforting to know that whole scale melodrama is still alive and well on FT...

Regards
I will take that as compliment.
Old Jul 18, 10, 7:46 am   #13
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP (through 2018, anyway, then...?)
Well, I don't use Chrome (Firefox junkie), so I won't be able to try this out and add comments, but I just wanted to extend kudos to the OP for doing this. Very cool way to give back to the community

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 10, 10:21 am   #14

Thank you. Makes life a bit easier.
Old Jul 18, 10, 11:04 am   #15

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
imagineertobe - This is quite great. Worth downloading and trying Chrome just to use it. Thanks!