Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA.com CPM Calculator Extension (Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome)

AA.com CPM Calculator Extension (Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome)

Old Apr 14, 11, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
that is extremely awesome.
Old Apr 15, 11, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foob View Post
Thanks imagineertobe!

I've been using this for months now and recently noticed that some of the calculations for same routing & same cost are showing up as different CPMs. Anyone else notice this or am I just forgetting how to read them?
Glad to hear the plugin is helping you out.

Hm, that's odd. Could you attach a couple of screenshots of the data? I'll see what may be the culprit.

Peace.
Old Apr 15, 11, 4:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Cannot believe I missed this the first time around! Major kudos to imagineertobe!
Old Apr 15, 11, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Nice work.
Old May 20, 11, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Version 1.1.3 Release

Hello all. I've just released version 1.1.3 of the extension.

This release addresses NaN errors when an airport code wasn't in the database. These were mostly smaller airports in the US, but some larger airports (e.g., PEK!) were also not included in the database I built the extension on. All airport codes on the current AA timetable are now in the database.
Old Jan 11, 13, 12:00 pm

Programs: American, USAir
Update to CPM app??

I have enjoyed using this app! With AA.com's new reservation display, it no longer works (for me, at least). Any plans for an update? I hope so.
Old Jan 11, 13, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Qantas, Hawaiian
Originally Posted by jfgzo View Post
I have enjoyed using this app! With AA.com's new reservation display, it no longer works (for me, at least). Any plans for an update? I hope so.
I really found the app useful. Too bad it doesn't work with the new AA display--just like sorting flights. Sigh.
Old Jan 11, 13, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
Originally Posted by Foob View Post
I really found the app useful. Too bad it doesn't work with the new AA display--just like sorting flights. Sigh.
Yeah, the new AA site design seems intended to push people away. Stupid.
Old Jan 11, 13, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA
I just installed the app. Apparently it worked for the old aa.com, but not for the new site. Hope we get an update to this tool soon. It looks very useful.

Or better yet, AA should revert to the previous website - I preferred it to the new version.
Old Jan 22, 13, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austin_res View Post
I just installed the app. Apparently it worked for the old aa.com, but not for the new site. Hope we get an update to this tool soon. It looks very useful.

Or better yet, AA should revert to the previous website - I preferred it to the new version.
Hi there. Thanks for the support for the tool.

I was hesitant to update the tool with the rebranding lurking around the corner, should AA's web services get any ideas about toying with the site nomenclature. Now that the rebranding has happened, I'm finding that certain things about the way the booking process functions now (versus in the old Price and Schedule Matrix) make it more difficult to update the tool. I'm working on it, but I'm currently also looking for a permanent job that pays bills so I apologize if my attention is a little divided. I'll post when an update is available. Thanks for holding tight.
Old Mar 10, 13, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, AS MVPG 75K, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by imagineertobe View Post
Hi there. Thanks for the support for the tool.

I was hesitant to update the tool with the rebranding lurking around the corner, should AA's web services get any ideas about toying with the site nomenclature. Now that the rebranding has happened, I'm finding that certain things about the way the booking process functions now (versus in the old Price and Schedule Matrix) make it more difficult to update the tool. I'm working on it, but I'm currently also looking for a permanent job that pays bills so I apologize if my attention is a little divided. I'll post when an update is available. Thanks for holding tight.
Thank you for all your contributions - the new version of your tool might be the only thing that makes the new AA.com usable! The new site is a disaster - I can imagine it is making your work hard.
Old Jul 9, 13, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
Thanks! Would you consider posting your code to Github so I can branch to UA and ITA?

Hey Kevin, thanks for developing this Extension! I would love to make one for UA's site and, ideally, ITA Matrix; Any chance you're willing to post your code to a public repo on Github, so I can branch it to make Extensions for the other sites?

Thanks again, and all the best,
Luke (LukeRB on FT)
Old Jul 9, 13, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LukeRB View Post
ideally, ITA Matrix
ITA Matrix already has the price per mile feature built in, but hidden:
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/?showPricePerMile=true
Old Jul 9, 13, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by nkedel View Post
ITA Matrix already has the price per mile feature built in, but hidden:
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/?showPricePerMile=true
Mind. Blown. Thank you!!
Old Jul 9, 13, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LukeRB View Post
Mind. Blown. Thank you!!
I was a latecomer to discovering it -- a former coworker of mine who now works at ITA told me about it relatively recently, after which I discovered it had been documented here on FT for ages.