Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA.com CPM Calculator Extension (Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome)

AA.com CPM Calculator Extension (Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome)

Old Jul 18, 10, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

All,

Thanks for the compliments on the extension.

nbevan - I have fixed the problems you encountered with making purchases in : no $9.95 added and no dollar sign. Your suggestion about adding total mileage will be added to a future update with user-defined options.

brp and marksskram - Like I said in the original post, I'm going to stick to Chrome with this thing, at least until I can get a good hold on the project and its reception. I've seen comparisons that suggest Firefox's extensions are more difficult to write than their Chrome counterparts, but if demand warrants, I'll port it over.

The original post has been updated with more current information, and will be as the project evolves.

Peace
Old Jul 18, 10, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Very cool -- kudos!

I'll join the chorus for Firefox, but I've installed Chrome just for this... =)
Old Jul 18, 10, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Love it. Thank you. Is there a way to add functionality so that the Flexible date search page can autofill destinations that AA metal flies to without having to enter them?

Last edited by riteshraja; Jul 18, 10 at 7:17 pm Reason: sp
Old Jul 18, 10, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Awesome!!!! Many many THX!!!!!
Old Jul 18, 10, 7:34 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
amazing. Thank you!
Old Jul 18, 10, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA-PLT/2.37MM (PTD), Admirals Club, HHonors, SPG, Hertz
Very nice! My aa.com activity will now be done on Chrome instead of Safari.

Added bonus -- I can now show Mrs. Alka how my mileage run/flight routing is really saving money!

Thank you, sir!

Alka
Old Jul 18, 10, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
Checking this out, looks good so far. Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 10, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks again, folks.

Please let me know if anyone is running into bugs or other oddities.

Originally Posted by Alka View Post
... I can now show Mrs. Alka how my mileage run/flight routing is really saving money!
Coming soon, CPMs will be color coded on the page to show high-to-low, though I'm a bit stuck with offering a true sort. And, a more accurate CPM will be calculated on the checkout/summary page (after flight selection).

Originally Posted by riteshraja View Post
Love it. Thank you. Is there a way to add functionality so that the Flexible date search page can autofill destinations that AA metal flies to without having to enter them?
riteshraja - I'm not sure I understand what you're requesting. Can you give me an example of what you might be looking for with the Flexible Date tool? Maybe what you envision doing with it but how it doesn't meet your needs right now. Given that you're talking about autofilling destinations, I'm not sure this is within the scope of CPMs, but could be considered as functionality for later.

Peace.
Old Jul 19, 10, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by imagineertobe View Post

riteshraja - I'm not sure I understand what you're requesting. Can you give me an example of what you might be looking for with the Flexible Date tool? Maybe what you envision doing with it but how it doesn't meet your needs right now. Given that you're talking about autofilling destinations, I'm not sure this is within the scope of CPMs, but could be considered as functionality for later.

Peace.
Its along the same line as what your extention does. While I dont to MR's strickly to get miles I do want to maximine EQM when I take vacations. Lots of places where AA flies, I can use my evips that I have not been to. So to find them I usually use the flexible date search and enter in different destinations from LAX. If there was a macro type thing that let you pick the orginitating airport and month and then opened up multiple tabs for 10-20 different destinations with the price info it would make picking the next vacation spot () a lot easier.

Could even be a enhanced pay version of your app!
Old Jul 19, 10, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by riteshraja View Post
Its along the same line as what your extention does. While I dont to MR's strickly to get miles I do want to maximine EQM when I take vacations. Lots of places where AA flies, I can use my evips that I have not been to. So to find them I usually use the flexible date search and enter in different destinations from LAX. If there was a macro type thing that let you pick the orginitating airport and month and then opened up multiple tabs for 10-20 different destinations with the price info it would make picking the next vacation spot () a lot easier.

Could even be a enhanced pay version of your app!
Unfortunately, aa.com relies on session keys to keep track of your progress in the booking process. That means that having two (or more) windows open at the same time just won't work - nothing I can do about that.

This sounds a bit like the FlyerTalk tool available at Fare Compare (which perhaps you already know about).

Peace.
Old Jul 19, 10, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Well, I don't use Chrome (Firefox junkie), so I won't be able to try this out and add comments, but I just wanted to extend kudos to the OP for doing this. Very cool way to give back to the community

Cheers.
+1, couldn't agree more. I would love to try it w/ Firefox (or even Safari). Congrats and thanks for doing this and most of all, for sharing with us.
Old Jul 21, 10, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

AA CPM Extension now available on Firefox

Due to popular demand, and the relative ease of using GreaseMonkey for Firefox, I have been able to release a Firefox version of the AA CPM script. Details at the website (note the url change to reflect cross-browser support).

Peace.
Old Jul 21, 10, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by imagineertobe View Post
Due to popular demand, and the relative ease of using GreaseMonkey for Firefox, I have been able to release a Firefox version of the AA CPM script. Details at the website (note the url change to reflect cross-browser support).

Peace.
BTW Greasemonkey scripts work just find in Chrome with this extention - Blank Canvas Script Handler
Old Jul 21, 10, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Very cool! How about this suggestion.. add the total miles earned and total flight+connections time with all associated segments (without bonus info, of course) below the CPM so if someone is trying to accomplish a MR, but wants to consider some level of convenience as well, they have a quick and easy reference point. Example would be a scenario where a couple of options have a close to equal CPM, but one combination might add 6hrs to flight time with connection vs. another and they only need X amount of miles for tier, they might still chose higher CPM option if it saves them the 6hrs.
Old Apr 14, 11, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Qantas, Hawaiian
Thanks imagineertobe!

I've been using this for months now and recently noticed that some of the calculations for same routing & same cost are showing up as different CPMs. Anyone else notice this or am I just forgetting how to read them?

Search this Thread