Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

"Sir, there is no flight information on the monitor because the flight is late"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

Verbatim from one of the ORD K-7 GAs last night when I inquired whether this indeed was the SFO flight and if so, why was the usual flight departure info not on the gate monitors.
No surprise here, 1561 the daily 6:40p ORD-SFO 763 was delayed again last night. I passed the time in the AC, periodically checking the monitors and AA.com for departure updates. Both consistently showed 7:45p until some time just prior to 7:10p when I decided go down to the gate. As I walked by the departure monitors on the way to the elevators, 1561 had disappeared. What the f?

I hustle down to K-7 to find no plane, lots of people and gate monitors displaying no flight info, just the AA logo. Did I somehow miss an update and my flight?? The GA confirms that this is indeed SFO (although I neglected ask if it was 1561) and we have the monitor discussion. Now 7:15p and I get an AA Flight Update email showing a revised 7:16p departure. That, no plane at the gate and the couple beside me with BPs for the 8:25p SFO flight prompt me to go back to the GA and confirm that this is indeed 1561. And naturally, upon arrival at SFO, I retrieve another AA Flight Update email sent after we had pushed back from the gate at ORD.

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 17, 2010 at 9:16 am
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:57 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Well, not the actual gate monitor, but I've had that same flight disappear from the departure board, only to be told by the AC (with no attempt at an explanation) that the flight still exists. Not the best feeling.

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:02 am
Suspended

I had this happen at FRA on LH when at the last minute they changed the departure to by bus instead of by the stand. In fact we went down the stairs at the same gate the aircraft was supposed to board from by jetbridge, just by bus. Nevertheless about 40 minutes before departure the flight went off the departure screens and was blank when i got the gate. The agents in the lounge were confused as well.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
The agents in the lounge were confused as well.
Well that certainly isn't a good sign...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.