Weird Check in with AA online

Old Jul 16, 10, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Weird Check in with AA online

I am flying AA JFK-MIA-Bridgetown, Barbados tomorrow 7/17 with an N class economy booking. When I went to check in online I tried to change my seats since I had been automatically assigned 38G on the 767-200 from JFK-MIA. One of the seats "open" to me was 11G which appears to be business class. Naturally I chose it and it let me keep it.

When I try to check it, it says an error has occured and I need to check in at the airport.

Anyone think I'll be able to keep that seat when I go to check in?

Does this happen often?
Old Jul 16, 10, 3:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Even though it's a 762, the "business class" cabin is sold as coach class on the JFK-MIA flight. Typically, the seats are reserved for elite members, but I imagine if it's not selected by the time you reach an airport kiosk you will be able to select it. 11G is currently showing as occupied, so perhaps you were assigned it. I would call up AA and ask what they're showing as your seat assignment if you wish. Good luck!
Old Jul 16, 10, 3:48 pm

Programs: Various
Another option is to call AA Webservices, as they can often help with little glitches like this.

1-800-222-2377 US/Canada
1-918-832-1384 Other locations
Old Jul 16, 10, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

I do have it selected as my seat, and it saved that way, so I think I'm going to leave it that way and just check in with it.

If the flight is full they won't have anywhere else to move me to.
Old Jul 16, 10, 5:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by demkr View Post
Even though it's a 762, the "business class" cabin is sold as coach class on the JFK-MIA flight. Typically, the seats are reserved for elite members, but I imagine if it's not selected by the time you reach an airport kiosk you will be able to select it. 11G is currently showing as occupied, so perhaps you were assigned it. I would call up AA and ask what they're showing as your seat assignment if you wish. Good luck!
Spot on:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...old_as_economy

Search this Thread