FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   first time in AA first class int'l FRA-DFW :D (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1102510-first-time-aa-first-class-intl-fra-dfw-d.html)

corbetti Jul 5, 2010 9:58 pm

first time in AA first class int'l FRA-DFW :D

Just had to share the joy...

i'm on a last minute trip to FRA, and thanks to flyertalk am picking up lots of extra miles as my routing is STL-JFK-LHR-FRA-DFW-STL all in business class.

Sitting on the plane yesterday (sunday night) at JFK i had that "apply directly to the forehead" moment when I realized i had all these unused eVIPs sitting in my account (i only travel domestically for work and get comp upgrades 95% of the time). Call the EXPPlat desk while in my seat and ask if I can upgrade to first for the FRA-DFW flight on wednesday, to which i am told "yes". While processing the upgrade they were closing the door, and the agent said he'd take care of it for me, send me an email conf, and to have a good flight.

:D

Received my email confirmation when i landed, i'm in 2J for the return flight!

I'll try to post a flight report when i land - it's definitely made this trip more worth it given i had to skip my 4th of July celebration with family to do this quick visit.

CO FF Jul 5, 2010 10:28 pm

Enjoy. I had F on DFW-FRA last summer; it was quite nice.

If you've been to FRA before you probably know this, but in case you don't - the AC is outside security, so if you don't have luggage to check go directly to the AC; they'll give you your BP & you can clear immigration in the club too.

corbetti Jul 5, 2010 10:45 pm

AC advice

Originally Posted by CO FF (Post 14249066)
Enjoy. I had F on DFW-FRA last summer; it was quite nice.

If you've been to FRA before you probably know this, but in case you don't - the AC is outside security, so if you don't have luggage to check go directly to the AC; they'll give you your BP & you can clear immigration in the club too.

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't been to frankfurt in over a decade, and back then I was a UA guy... i only have my carryon bag so i will definitely take your advice.

I love FlyerTalk! :D

billgrates3 Jul 5, 2010 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by corbetti (Post 14248925)
Just had to share the joy... :D
For civilization to survive, the human race must remain civilized.
-Rod Serling, the Twilight Zone

reporter "Mr. Gandhi, what do you think of Western Civilization?"
Mohandas Gandhi "I think it would be a good idea!"

HNL Jul 6, 2010 10:18 am

Originally Posted by CO FF (Post 14249066)
... go directly to the AC; they'll give you your BP & you can clear immigration in the club too.

It is not possible to clear immigration in the AC.

I'm guessing you are referring to the security questions, in which case yes, those can be done inside the club.