Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This thread has been closed in favour of the following two more specific threads:

Best 772 / 777-200 First Flagship Seats for one / solo (merged)
Best 772 / 777-200 First Flagship Seats for two / couple (merged)

~AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Best first class seat on the 777

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:33 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
I like 2A or 3A , if not available 2J or 3J
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors
Originally Posted by MeVoy
Yes, there is an Admirals Club at GRU, and that would be available to you as passenger traveling in F.
If I'm flying in F, but my mother is on a paid ticket in coach on the same flight, would they let her into the Admirals Club with me at GRU? Or am I asking a bit much?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:19 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by cloudeleven
If I'm flying in F, but my mother is on a paid ticket in coach on the same flight, would they let her into the Admirals Club with me at GRU? Or am I asking a bit much?
yes you can bring 1 guest no problem
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
If you are flying in F, and your mother in Y on the same flight, then you should switch seats with your mother! :P
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors
Originally Posted by gabrielbf
If you are flying in F, and your mother in Y on the same flight, then you should switch seats with your mother! :P
Would AA even allow that?

I don't want to sound awful, but I feel like I'm already doing her a big favor by just agreeing to go on this trip with her. I really love her, but she'll be OK in coach, right? She's a healthy 59 year old.

Last edited by cloudeleven; Jun 8, 2011 at 11:27 pm
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The new thread has been merged into the existing, active thread. The 777s flying to / from GRU are the same ones we are all familiar with.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
Would AA even allow that?

I don't want to sound awful, but I feel like I'm already doing her a big favor by just agreeing to go on this trip with her. I really love her, but she'll be OK in coach, right? She's a healthy 59 year old.
Yes they will certainly allow it, as long as you switch just once before taking off, or just after takeoff, just let your FA know that you will be swapping seats, it should not be an issue. Your mother will be alright in Y I'm sure, but will you be able to fully rest/sleep peacefully now that you know you could've swapped?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
2A or 2J are the best IMO. I have a thing against bulkheads and being at the front (no "view", if that makes any sense at all...), and I always get some kind of glare from the galley lighting or associated noise in 3A or 3J, especially on night flights. In 2A or 2J, I can get away with not having to put on nightshades.

I guess everyone has their own unique comfort zone, and for me, row 2 always feels just right and nice.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:36 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
On Asia flights, 1A and 2A are blocked so for me it is always 2 or 3 J if you are alone and I decided based on FEBO. If you are flying with someone choose the middle two seats in 2 or 3 and do the same. I think 1 will expose you to both bathroom noise and FA chatter as will 4.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
I bought my mother a F ticket for LAX-PVG (she wanted Y but I told her Y Saver was not available and the cheapest was F saver , she's been through a lot of stress this year, she needs the luxury). What can I tell her to expect during the flight? Does the movie screen work pretty well? She's been in the J cabin before, but never F. Is the service more or less the same between F and J?

Also, any hints about how to maximize time at the LAX Flagship lounge?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I tried to find a similar thread for F class on a 772, but no luck... I was debating between 2A and 1J but am leaning towards 2A. SeatGuru has 1J as yellowed out for proximity to the Lav/Galley. It says 2A has more space and is normally reserved for crew rest (apparently not for NRT-LAX). Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:33 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kingarthur
I tried to find a similar thread for F class on a 772, but no luck...
Post moved over from the 772 J thread into this one discussing 772 F seats. /Moderator
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM
2A is clearly my favorite, with 3A as second choice
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by kingarthur
I tried to find a similar thread for F class on a 772, but no luck... I was debating between 2A and 1J but am leaning towards 2A. SeatGuru has 1J as yellowed out for proximity to the Lav/Galley. It says 2A has more space and is normally reserved for crew rest (apparently not for NRT-LAX). Any thoughts? Thanks!
Go with 2A, especially if you're a light sleeper. The few times I've flown in 1J, I was always bothered by the noise and light coming from the galley and I consider myself a heavy sleeper.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by schriste
@:-) The amenity kit comes with ear plugs and an eye shade.
Fantastic. Why go through the trouble of that when you can just have a quieter seat to begin with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.