Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
My searches are pending but not posted to AA yet. But I have been shortchanged, I think they skipped the month of June as I made a point of doing 100 miles that month. They were right on May and July, I didn't do it in Aug as I am waiting to see if these post before wasting anymore time on them.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I just found some of my missing AA eshopping miles on previous months' statements. I compared the present information on the AA.com WEB site with the printouts that I made previously and there were those missing AA miles.

Looks like they were posted in date order and put where they belonged on the previous statements. In other words, miles earned and due to post in June, did post in June but not in a timely manner.

Give it a try!
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
For my family, the toolbar downloads from May posted August 16.
But none of the searching miles have posted; only 1-6 each.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 7:33 pm

STILL no miles from searches even though they are "pending" in the E-Shopping site. This is ridiculous!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: MT, AA
AAdvantage Toolbar

Anyone else having issues with the toolbar showing whether it is earning miles or not yesterday and today?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Has anyone waiting for points received them yet? I was thinking about installing this toolbar, but don't want to bother if it's not working for most users.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've gotten AA miles for the toolbar up through August with September posting. Right now my miles counter isn't working. This isn't an easy way to get miles, but I use it anyway.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I've gotten AA miles for the toolbar up through August with September posting. Right now my miles counter isn't working. This isn't an easy way to get miles, but I use it anyway.
Thanks for the quick response! I'm mostly interested in preventing miles from expiring, so any activity will be helpful (unless they change the rules again).
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
It's not?
Just put in a bunch of random searches and you get free points. Not many but every little bit helps.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I re-installed the toolbar and the mileage tracker is working again.

Yes, AA eshopping is great for keeping miles to expire, but the miles for shopping has done my AA account a great deal of good over the years.

A new subscription to the NY Times will get you 2,000 AA miles if you go through AA eshopping.

The major miles haul for me is via ValueMags at 23 miles per $1 spent. I give a lot of magazine subscriptions as gifts.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Re: the trouble that some are having in seeing their search miles post

Mine are posting - it's slow as molasses (seems to be about 3 months before they actually appear on the AA statement) - but if you don't care about timing, know how to get most of your searches to register, and like the trickle of miles for no money spent it's worth doing.

The main thing to having your searches judged valid by their software (which is obnoxious and stupid, I grant) seems to be not being too repetitious. I'm I'm floating through a chain of searches just letting the topics follow where it may, it seems to work 80-90% of the time as long as I don't get greedy and try to repeat with small variations.

FTF
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Re: the trouble that some are having in seeing their search miles post

Mine are posting - it's slow as molasses (seems to be about 3 months before they actually appear on the AA statement) -
According to them it takes 60 days from the end of each month in which you earned search miles.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14311001-post101.html
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:48 pm

Sometime in the last few days, 73 miles posted to both our accounts though I could have sworn I did 100 searches for each of us in June. I have no idea how their accounting works.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
My search counter is stuck at "2 Searches". I used to think it was me, my fault, something I was doing wrong. The damn thing is broken. I installed teh US Div Miles eShopping toolbar and almost every search term I entered worked and incremented my search count. But not with the AA shopping toolbar.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing. Didn't help. The US toolbar seems more sophisticated and configurable than the AA toolbar. The login field is right on the toolbar itself and not a web page like with the AA toolbar.

FTR, I did receive my 500 miles for installing back in September... 4 months after I downloaded and installed. Since my original 3 searches I have not been able to get the search counter to move.

I'm on a Mac OS X 10.6.4 using Firefox 3.6.3. Any suggestions?

How could the following searches be invalid? "Mens watches", "Fossil watches", "flower baskets", "Macys", "Nortstroms"

They all worked with the US toolbar.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by sngreco
Anyone else having issues with the toolbar showing whether it is earning miles or not yesterday and today?
Yes. Having same issue yesterday and today with searches not showing up on counter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.