what's going on ord->bos sunday 4/25??

Old Apr 17, 10, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

what's going on ord->bos sunday 4/25??

marthon monday is on the 19th, so that's out of the question. i'm trying to book a flight for next sunday 4/25 and everything is in the $800+ price range. speaking to an aagent, everything, both first and coach, is sold out for the day. going through nyc is the same deal. even all aaward flights are gone, including the 50k one way award... in any case, i'm just curious as to what's going on in boston next weekend?
Old Apr 17, 10, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by jnagar View Post
marthon monday is on the 19th, so that's out of the question. i'm trying to book a flight for next sunday 4/25 and everything is in the $800+ price range. speaking to an aagent, everything, both first and coach, is sold out for the day. going through nyc is the same deal. even all aaward flights are gone, including the 50k one way award... in any case, i'm just curious as to what's going on in boston next weekend?
Week of April 19th in MA is spring break.
Lot's of people flying home
Old Apr 17, 10, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

guess that makes sense. probably a good weekend to try and get bumped, then, i suppose... too bad i don't have a ticket...
Old Apr 18, 10, 7:53 am

I think the vacation time as well as this volcano mess might be to blame.
My husband just flew AA from ORD-BOS today. It was not his original flight but was put on AA out of India when British Airways cancelled. I suspect that people are booking up flights that were supposed to fly during the week in case their flights are cancelled.
Old Apr 18, 10, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
2010 Spring Boston National College Fair starts Tuesday.

http://www.nacacnet.org/EVENTSTRAINI...BostonNCF.aspx

Flights to Boston have been crazy expensive on this Sat/Sun/Mon for a couple months.
Old Apr 18, 10, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Week of April 19th in MA is spring break.
Lot's of people flying home
There are lots of people who don't know how to use apostrophes. Maybe they should be turned into a pillar of salt.
Old Apr 18, 10, 7:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You've certainly provided us with Lots to think about.

One can often find why seats are restricted or higher-priced by using the local Convention and Visitors' Bureau website and checking the calendar...

Originally Posted by janetdoe View Post
There are lots of people who don't know how to use apostrophes. Maybe they should be turned into a pillar of salt.
Old Apr 18, 10, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If the OP waits a little longer he will also miss out on any fares that require a 7-day advance purchase. Sometimes it's just not cheap to fly (on one's preferred carrier, non-stop).
Old Apr 18, 10, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
If the OP waits a little longer he will also miss out on any fares that require a 7-day advance purchase. Sometimes it's just not cheap to fly (on one's preferred carrier, non-stop).
Thank you. It drives me insane that people have an expectation that flying should always be cheap. I certainly understand if you don't want to or can't afford to pay a certain ticket price for a trip weighed against the necessity/desirability of that trip. But the expectation/entitlement gets obnoxious.
Old Apr 18, 10, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by jnagar View Post
I don't understand. First and coach are sold out from ORD-BOS? Then what is in the $800+ price range? And, if there are any seats for sale, then there are seats available for award. Aanytime awards are not capacity controlled. Actually, First is NOT sold out. 1718 has availability in First for a paid ticket or aanytime award

Last edited by mvoight; Apr 19, 10 at 12:13 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: