Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

TRNSN Promo: To 50000 Bonus Miles Between JFK and LAX or SFO [premium fares]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Just got this thru DealFinder. Doesn't help me b/c I'm flying deep discount, but hopefully someone will benefit:

Fly Coast to Coast - Earn Up To 50,000 Bonus Miles
Fly Our Transcontinental Service Between New York and Los Angeles or San Francisco.
Earn Up to 50,000 AAdvantage® Bonus Miles.

Airline:
American Airlines

Award:
Bonus Miles

Bonus Code:
TRNSN
Register today by selecting the red REGISTER button below

Dates:
Travel between April 6, 2010 and June 30, 2010

Offer:
Fly transcontinental on American Airlines between New York/JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco and earn up to 50,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for each round trip flown between April 6 and June 30, 2010.

Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you fly round trip (25,000 bonus miles for one-way travel) for paid First Class or Business Class fares booked in F or J.

Earn 25,000 bonus miles when you fly round trip on fares booked in Y, D or I (12,500 bonus miles for one-way travel).

With 10 daily nonstop flights between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles and 5 between New York (JFK) and San Francisco (SFO), we'll take you where you need to go, when you need to be there.

Register prior to travel by clicking the red register button below and watch your miles add up!

Terms and Conditions
AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid for round-trip travel on American Airlines nonstop marketed and operated flights between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from April 6, 2010, through June 30, 2010. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on published fare tickets booked in F, J, Y, D or I. Bonus miles will be awarded based on the booking class purchased. Flights operated by our codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification. Registration prior to travel is required.

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Thanks! Can't hurt to register, even if you mostly (or exclusively) fly deep-discount Y. Occasionally, such as when you do last-minute standby, the GAs make a mistake and rebook you into full-fare Y (or do it for the sake of convenience, instead of taking the time to research your original booking class).
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:57 pm

Suprised only JFK. AA also getting hurt at BOS on transcon due to B6 and VX.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zman
Suprised only JFK. AA also getting hurt at BOS on transcon due to B6 and VX.
It is a match of a Delta promo. Has nothing to do with B6 or VX.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Thanks! Can't hurt to register, even if you mostly (or exclusively) fly deep-discount Y. Occasionally, such as when you do last-minute standby, the GAs make a mistake and rebook you into full-fare Y (or do it for the sake of convenience, instead of taking the time to research your original booking class).
Hmm...Good point! Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: Various
I received the same notice just a few minutes ago. It looks like they are targeting Full Fare passengers now. Nothing wrong with that, but makes me want to know what percentage of passengers on these routes buy these fare buckets? I know nothing about it, but would guess less than 25% ??

Regardless, I have never purchased any tickets in these fare buckets on any airline; the exception being when I did a government assignment and they booked me in a government "Y" code.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
If you book one of these, but your final destination isn't SFO or LAX, I wonder if it will still work?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I can see plenty of ways to take advantage of this. Especially considering that I've been receiving 1.5 EQP's every time I've been upgraded this year. do a same day stanbye and have the flight rebooked in Y...get the bonus miles...sounds perfect to me.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Originally Posted by demkr
If you book one of these, but your final destination isn't SFO or LAX, I wonder if it will still work?
Considering the full fare LHR-LAX is less than JFK-LAX, it's an important question.... Unfortunately I can't justify the price either way!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I can see plenty of ways to take advantage of this. Especially considering that I've been receiving 1.5 EQP's every time I've been upgraded this year. do a same day stanbye and have the flight rebooked in Y...get the bonus miles...sounds perfect to me.
You have the best luck on AA! Sounds like you'll be EXP in no time with all these extra EQPs!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I have very different experience this year: out of 6 segments booked in T (BA miles), all posted in T even I used standby 5 times out of 6. I just started to think their computers and GAs became perfect
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by gizmodell
You have the best luck on AA! Sounds like you'll be EXP in no time with all these extra EQPs!
Hey, flying the A300 on JFK-SDQ when I was growing up was hard enough. I call it karma

Originally Posted by al613
I have very different experience this year: out of 6 segments booked in T (BA miles), all posted in T even I used standby 5 times out of 6. I just started to think their computers and GAs became perfect

The big one was when my LAX-SFO got cancelled. I was then rebooked LAX-SFO-MIA-JFK in Full Y. Definitely AA's finest work for me so far.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:37 pm

Anyone who books J and flies the following also eligible to get the 50,000 miles?

JFK-LAX-NRT connecting to another Asian off-line city?

Example
JFK-AA-LAX-AA-NRT-JL-TPE
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:40 pm

Is UA matching?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by chuck1
Anyone who books J and flies the following also eligible to get the 50,000 miles?

JFK-LAX-NRT connecting to another Asian off-line city?

Example
JFK-AA-LAX-AA-NRT-JL-TPE
I would say if you add your AAdvantage number to the reservation and you fly a JFK-LAX or JFK-SFO segment, you should get the bonus miles regardless of where your final destination is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.