Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)

AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)

Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
How would this shuttle work? It would have to be a bus to go back and forth airside between T7 and T8. Or were you thinking of some kind of huge pedestrian bridge with moving walkways, ala DFW? Or something underground?

I'm also excited about the discussion about connecting LGA's concourses C and D behind security for club access!

In the full build out stage, it could be an automated people mover that is constructed on elevated structure with a station at T8 and another at T7. These stations could be airside.

The automated people mover could use a variety of technology, akin to what has been installed at MIA, TPA, DFW, SIN, NRT T2 or even the type used for AirTrain JFK. Essentially this is a horizontal elevator service. I would suggest dual tracks for operational flexibilty/capacity/maintenance reasons.

In the initial stage, an airside bus could connect T8 to T7 to T5 using (secured) Perimeter Road (located south of the Inner Loop taxiway (taxiway A) from near taxiway TB to taxiway D).
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
If AA expends this to all B6 network, this might reduce the chaos of the union strike.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
AA has really spoiled us New York/NE travelers in the last several years, BOS3X, Double miles with a NY address for 6 months--things have been fantastic. I spoke of how nice a LGA-MSP possibility would be for me...and here it is!thanks AA
I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. BOS3X last year was a direct response to B6 and Virgin's low transcon fares and excellent service.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
God forbid you try and help change the wikipedia pages of these airports...You have people who literally go in and remove the information you input about these new flights ... they don't believe AA.com ? lol
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I like the LGA/ATL on a CR7 with F. But for B6, even if the two went for a code share at some future point I'd take a flight on AA in F, even with a connection, over coach in B6.
Well, the current "partnership" on domestic routes is only for non-overlapping routes. I assume if they did get to a codeshare agreement, it would also be for non-overlapping routes.

So the question is whether you'd take two AA flights in F over one flight in B6's good coach product?

My time is too valuable to take a voluntary connection on a domestic flight. Fortunately, I can get most places I need to nonstop on either CO or AA, and B6 fills in the holes (like SLC )
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Dia HH
As someone that lives in DT DC and flies out of DCA, I'm very interested in what we are giving up, especially 8 slot pairs! It's already way too inconvenient to fly out of IAD for me and our flights are already full on most flights.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Out of BOS, JetBlue has non-stop to destinations which AA no longer serves non-stop.

Vegas comes to mind.

So if I can start earning AA miles on B6 flights - I'll book it.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edwin_p_morales
Just the simple idea of the two airlines coordinating their flights should matter quite a bit. Traditionally there have been a LOT of overlapping services/routes between the two carriers. They both have sent a ton of flights from JFK to the Los Angeles basin, as well as to Florida and some of the major Carribean destinations (SJU for example), which are highly redundant. If the realign a bit, swap slots, swap certain markets, etc, that could result in just the simple fact of more options and better service out of the NYC area.
I doubt either AA or B6 are altruistically going to coordinate their schedules to improve the standard of living for New Yorkers. (And I don't know if that's even legal absent ATI.) They are still competing and they will each do what is in their own best interests. Absent a codeshare or even a FFP partnership, I do not see why AA would cede a profitable route to B6 just so they can provide "better service out of the NYC area." But it does of course make sense for AA to have a better shot at grabbing passengers connecting from B6 domestic destinations to AA international destinations. The interline agreement makes this an easier proposition, and provides a reasonable alternative to DL or even CO (via EWR). And obviously B6 benefits as well.

So again, I don't see any benefit to NYC-based passengers from what's currently been announced.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Plato90s
Out of BOS, JetBlue has non-stop to destinations which AA no longer serves non-stop.

Vegas comes to mind.

Well, what if you only earned RDMs, and not EQMs? This is what I'd be worried about if they just did a FFP partnership. AFAIK, Alaska is the only non-OneWorld partner on which you can earn EQMs.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Vegas comes to mind.

Yeah, go for it!!!
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Where I need to get the schedules to be releases from AA out of JFK/DCA/LGA? So please post the schedules from AA. Thanks all.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, what if you only earned RDMs, and not EQMs? This is what I'd be worried about if they just did a FFP partnership. AFAIK, Alaska is the only non-OneWorld partner on which you can earn EQMs.
EQMs is a major deciding factor for elites. I see no reason why they could not structure similiar to AS.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Would you do that if they only offered base miles and no elite status bonus miles, or 25% miles (like BA within Europe)? I'd have to think twice about that.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM +, CO, US, UA,SPG, Hertz Presidents Club
Competition from B6 and VX are responsible for the very accessible fares JFK-LAX. I hope that this doesn't change the pro-consumer ecosystem low coast competition has helped create on the transcon routes.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:17 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I like the LGA/ATL on a CR7 with F. But for B6, even if the two went for a code share at some future point I'd take a flight on AA in F, even with a connection, over coach in B6.
Actually should not be an issue - announcement says this is only for routes on which they do not compete.

Originally Posted by demkr
God forbid you try and help change the wikipedia pages of these airports...You have people who literally go in and remove the information you input about these new flights ... they don't believe AA.com ? lol
I think the FlyerGuide wiki is far more important, personally

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.