Wiki Posts
Search

19 Athletes, Coach on AA DFW-CMH down with Norovirus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
19 Athletes, Coach on AA DFW-CMH down with Norovirus

Not sure if this belonged in the Newsstand or here.

http://blog.taragana.com/health/2010...to-ohio-21004/

I can confirm that UT-Austin athletes were affected; one is my nephew and my brother (his father) said that it's gonna be a rough 3 days. One of his goals was an NCAA championship and it's going to be hard for that to happen and this is his last year of eligibility.

In fairness to AA- as we all know, they don't serve food on domestic flights so it's not the "cuisine" and they think it may have been food from DFW.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
There's a thread in Newsstand from yesterday:
Bad Food on Flight to Mens NCAA Swimming Championships?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Athena53
I can confirm that UT-Austin athletes were affected; one is my nephew and my brother (his father) said that it's gonna be a rough 3 days.
Cheer your nephew up. Tell him that Norovirus is spread by fecal-oral contamination, normally by eating food handled by someone who didn't wash their hands properly after pooping or by shaking hands with them and then putting your hand in your mouth or handling your food with it. In any event, he got it by ingesting somebody else's feces.

I am a Hepatitus-A "survivor", and got it at a very nice, pricey high-class restaurant. Hep-A is transmitted the same way. Yuck!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 7:33 pm

A possible source of the outbreak?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Doesn't seem to have impacted Texas (may have helped Cal). Points as of tonight from a source on twitter:
Scores after Day 1 of the Men's NCAA Championship: Texas 145 | Cal 139 | Florida 118 | Auburn 114.5 | Stanford 106 | Arizona 87 | Mich 77

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.