Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

250 AAdvantage miles for signing up for AAdvantage eShopping (expired 3/30/10)

Old Mar 18, 10, 10:05 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just got this email.
Requires a CC registration.

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...0&wt.mc_ID=158

With the AAdvantage eShopping mall, itís easier than ever before to earn AAdvantage miles. As a member, you will earn miles every time you shop at participating retail stores and catalogs in addition to over 400 online retailers! For a limited time, you will earn a 250 mile welcome bonus when you complete these 3 EASY steps. Register today and start counting your miles!

Step 1. Fill out and submit the registration form below by March 31st, 2010
Step 2. Register at least one credit or debit card to earn miles at participating retail stores & catalogs.
Step 3. Opt-in to receive special offer emails
Old Mar 18, 10, 10:54 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM/lifetime Admirals Club, UA lifetime United Club, DL lifetime Sky Club, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Awww...I'm already a registered member. I don't get anything!

That'll teach me for being proactive.
Old Mar 18, 10, 10:58 am

I'm always suspicious when someone asks me for my personal information including credit card and AAdvantage number, as I'm concerned it may be a scam. Have others determined that this is a true AA promo?
Old Mar 18, 10, 11:26 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
I just told my wife to wait as there should be a higher bonus at some point - does that sound like good advice to you?
Old Mar 18, 10, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum View Post
I'm always suspicious when someone asks me for my personal information including credit card and AAdvantage number, as I'm concerned it may be a scam. Have others determined that this is a true AA promo?
I just received the same email that KCdude posted, so I no longer have concern that this may be a scam. I plan to register.
Old Mar 18, 10, 12:15 pm

Apparently you can re-register simply using a different email address from your first registration's address.

I have not tried this myself, but it seems to have worked for someone else. Awful lot of bother for a measly 250 miles, though.
Old Mar 18, 10, 1:13 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk View Post
Apparently you can re-register simply using a different email address from your first registration's address.

I have not tried this myself, but it seems to have worked for someone else. Awful lot of bother for a measly 250 miles, though.
I tried with a new email and credit card. It did not work for me.
Old Mar 18, 10, 2:57 pm
Kaz

250 AAdvantage miles for signing up for AAdvantage eShopping (expires 3/30/10)

(Handy to postpone expiration of your miles.)

I find AAadvantageeshopping.com useful to postpone expiration of my miles - such as buying a few AA batteries from buy.com for $6 shipped - so this is not a complete waste of time for a few miles...

250 free American Airlines AAdvantage miles
Requires a CC registration.

Notes:
- will not work for existing AAadvantageeshopping.com members
- You can use the same card and email address for multiple AAdvantage accounts.
- There is no signup confirmation required, so I expect that there is no need to use a valid email address

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.c....mc_ID=158

With the AAdvantage eShopping mall, it’s easier than ever before to earn AAdvantage miles. As a member, you will earn miles every time you shop at participating retail stores and catalogs in addition to over 400 online retailers! For a limited time, you will earn a 250 mile welcome bonus when you complete these 3 EASY steps. Register today and start counting your miles!

Step 1. Fill out and submit the registration form below by March 31st, 2010
Step 2. Register at least one credit or debit card to earn miles at participating retail stores & catalogs.

Last edited by Kaz; Mar 18, 10 at 3:07 pm Reason: new members only
Old Mar 19, 10, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kitty Hawk View Post

Had to try also:

You are already a registered member. Please click here to login.
Old Mar 19, 10, 12:38 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold 1MM, BA Blue again :-(, Hilton Silver
USA residents only
Old Mar 19, 10, 12:48 pm

Programs: AAPlat,DL Silver,UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, IHG Gold,HH Gold,MR LT PLAT PREMIER
AA shopping cannot be trusted to post purchases correctly,yet they want to store my CC info. Not a chance.

I do have three accounts to extend, so I plan to sign them up using virtual CC numbers that will never be used.
Old Mar 22, 10, 9:32 am

Programs: ANA, AsiaMiles, United, AA, SPG Pref., Marco Polo, Virgin
i signed up, but have yet to see the 250 miles posted to my account.

Will update you guys...
Old Mar 22, 10, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
If you have a Citi card, you can get a Virtual Account Number and issue it for a $1 limit amount. Besides which, that Virtual Number will expire in a month.
Old Mar 22, 10, 10:16 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I signed up and made a purchase from Staples that I had already planned to make the same day - even checked to make sure the price was the same going through the AA link. We'll see how long it takes for the 250 miles and the initial purchase miles to post.
Old Apr 3, 10, 8:13 am

Deadline Extended

The deadline for registering for this has been extended until April 12, 2010

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...0&wt.mc_ID=158

With the AAdvantage eShopping mall, itís easier than ever before to earn AAdvantage miles. As a member, you will earn miles every time you shop at participating retail stores and catalogs in addition to over 400 online retailers! For a limited time, you will earn a 250 mile welcome bonus when you complete these 3 EASY steps. Register today and start counting your miles!

Step 1. Fill out and submit the registration form below by April 12th, 2010

Search this Thread
Search Engine: