Community
Wiki Posts
Search

finding AA airline code on Qantas eticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

finding AA airline code on Qantas eticket

New user here, apologies if this is a repeat, but I couldn't find anything on my question.

About a year ago I flew RT from SFO to LAX, to Auckland via Qantas.

AAdvantage just credited my account with the mileage, however only for the international legs.

I checked my Qantas E-ticket itinerary for the AA 001 airline code, but it is nowhere to be found, and I threw away all of my AA tickets last year. I only have Qantas' 081 number.

Any way I can find out what my American Airlines airline code is for those flights?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If this was all on one itinerary purchased directly from Qantas, there probably isn't an AA ticket number (which is what would begin with 001). There would have been an AA confirmation number (PNR) that would have been different from the QF confirmation number, but there's probably no way to get that from the QF documentation, you usually have to ask and they have to dig it out of the reservation system.

If you have the QF ticket number and your boarding passes, I would think that should be enough for AA to credit the segments, but I'm not all that familiar with missing mileage requests on AA.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
If this was all on one itinerary purchased directly from Qantas, there probably isn't an AA ticket number (which is what would begin with 001). There would have been an AA confirmation number (PNR) that would have been different from the QF confirmation number, but there's probably no way to get that from the QF documentation, you usually have to ask and they have to dig it out of the reservation system.

If you have the QF ticket number and your boarding passes, I would think that should be enough for AA to credit the segments, but I'm not all that familiar with missing mileage requests on AA.
if it's an eticket and you have the full 081 ticket number, plus the dates and flight numbers and cities, then it should be possible to use the web form at aa.com, under AAdvantage/Request Mileage Credit. the AA itinerary locator is not necessary.

there is also a fax number for sending in copies of boarding passes and the ticket receipt, if desired instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.