Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Century in the Making AA 10% Discount Code - March-September 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Century in the Making AA 10% Discount Code - March-September 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 7:55 pm

(First post!) Thank you GrizShel and the rest of you guys for spreading the word on these codes - you're heroes!

We did the "soccer" 10% discount tonight. The promo code saved us enough to go nonstop.

And we would've never known about the discount. So again, thank you, and please keep it up!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 7:19 pm

I just did the Soccer code. It lets you register and lists new terms and conditions stating must book between June 1st-June 30th, travel by August 31st. But when I tried to use the code it said not valid and listed booking dates of May 1st-May 31st. A call to web services was no help, they said the promo had ended, even though the T and C on the site and my promo code email say valid in June.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by cme2c
I just did the Soccer code. It lets you register and lists new terms and conditions stating must book between June 1st-June 30th, travel by August 31st. But when I tried to use the code it said not valid and listed booking dates of May 1st-May 31st. A call to web services was no help, they said the promo had ended, even though the T and C on the site and my promo code email say valid in June.
Wouldn't that be another thread?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Wouldn't that be another thread?
I learned about the soccer code from this thread, so posted here. If the mods want to split it so be it.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:16 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cme2c
I learned about the soccer code from this thread, so posted here. If the mods want to split it so be it.
No need to split. The other thread already exists:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...enge-game.html

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Thumbs up

There are four voting periods and four redemption periods (embargo dates apply) for this promotion. You may vote in each of the four periods to receive a coupon code for each.

1. Vote: Mar 1 - Apr 18
Book & Travel: Mar 1 - May 31 [Rules]

2. Vote: Apr 19 - Jun 6
Book & Travel: Apr 19 - Jul 19 [Rules]

3. Vote: Jun 7 - Jul 25
Book & Travel: TBA : June 7 - Sep 7 (I'm 99% sure)

4. Vote: Jul 26 - Sep 12
Book & Travel: TBA : Jul 26 - Oct 26 (I'm 99% sure)

^

Last edited by fedechat; Jun 6, 2010 at 11:13 pm
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: US,PC
Giving my 10% off AA code (makingofcentury)

Hi,

I don't think I would make use of my code so if somebody else wants to use it. More than welcome. Please reply back here if you need it. I will send it as a pm.

Though, every penny counts but please see only reply if you it could make significant savings to you. I will still send to first person replying.

Usual terms and conditions:
American Airlines is pleased to offer a 10% discount off your next trip!This offer is valid for travel from the 48 contiguous United States to any destination worldwide, for up to four (4) people traveling together. This discount may be used for ticket purchases made between April 19, 2010, and July 19, 2010, for travel between April 19, 2010, and July 19, 2010.Eligible Travel: Applies to new reservations for one-way or round-trip travel on American Airlines, excluding codeshare flights.Travel not valid on the following dates: March 12-14, 20-22, 26-28; July 2-5, 2010. This discount applies to all published fares of $250 or more and requires instant purchase

Go to AA.com and enter your itinerary.
Type your Promotion Code in the "Promotion Code" box and click on the "Go" button.
For other questions about AA.com Promotion Codes, go to www.aa.com/promotioncode.

PS, You can generate yours also by going at http://www.centuryinthemaking.com/

Thanks,
Dracs
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:55 am

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by fedechat

3. Vote: Jun 7 - Jul 25
Book & Travel: TBA : June 7 - Sep 7 (I'm 99% sure)

^
You are correct on this one
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by austin_res
You are correct on this one
I just participated 2 minutes ago, but the code they sent me says "This discount may be used for ticket purchases made between April 19, 2010, and July 19, 2010, for travel between April 19, 2010, and July 19, 2010."
I wonder how I go about getting the later one.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: US,PC
Another 10% off code

If somebody needs it, pm me, I have it from last promotion.

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Drummer
I just participated 2 minutes ago, but the code they sent me says "This discount may be used for ticket purchases made between April 19, 2010, and July 19, 2010, for travel between April 19, 2010, and July 19, 2010."
was able to use it for a trip beginning at the end of july (AFTER jul19)
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by Drummer
The email I got said the same thing (valid between 4/19/10 and 7/19/10) but when I used the code to search for flights in August the code worked. In fact when I clicked the promotion code link it says the code is indeed valid for travel between 6/7/10 and 9/7/10. Apparently the email hasn't been updated.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Round-Trip Straddling Expiration Date

Has anyone gotten any discount for a round-trip that straddles one of the expiration dates (departure flight within the promo period but return flight after)? If so, can you confirm that the discount was only applied on the out-bound flight? Or to take partial advantage of the promo, does one have purchase 2 one-way flights (which ultimately may be cost prohibitive)?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Has anyone gotten any discount for a round-trip that straddles one of the expiration dates (departure flight within the promo period but return flight after)? If so, can you confirm that the discount was only applied on the out-bound flight? Or to take partial advantage of the promo, does one have purchase 2 one-way flights (which ultimately may be cost prohibitive)?
My wife tried a straddle for a round trip and the code was rejected.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
My just received email terms are:
Congratulations! And thank you for participating in the Century in the Making promotion, presented by American Airlines. American Airlines is pleased to offer a 10% discount off your next trip! This offer is valid for travel from the 48 contiguous United States to any destination worldwide, for up to four (4) people traveling together. This discount may be used for ticket purchases made between June 7, 2010, and September 7, 2010, for travel between June 7, 2010, and September 7, 2010.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.