Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Century in the Making AA 10% Discount Code - March-September 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Century in the Making AA 10% Discount Code - March-September 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:41 pm

I am really glad for this code! Unfortunately in my situation it doesn't work to my favor. I currently have $200 credit from a flight I couldn't take before. When I go through and type in this promo code and get to the end of the flight info, I only have the choice to book this ticket, not to hold it (and then call AA and have my credit used for the flight). So it kinda sucks that I can't take advantage of the 10% and use up my $200 credit.

Just FYI for those out there that when you use the promo code you'll have to book immediately (not put on hold)
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by snowymt
<snip>
Just FYI for those out there that when you use the promo code you'll have to book immediately (not put on hold)
As was clearly annotated by mvoight in post number #2 of this very thread.

Regards

Originally Posted by mvoight
<snip>
Promotion Code Rules
Promotion Codes are only valid on AA.com for flights operated by American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection.
Any reservation made using a Promotion Code requires instant purchase and cannot be placed on hold.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:13 pm

Great discount

Though I have already book 12 RT with AA before I knew about the coupon......
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:18 pm

I am really glad for this code! Unfortunately in my situation it doesn't work to my favor. I currently have $200 credit from a flight I couldn't take before. When I go through and type in this promo code and get to the end of the flight info, I only have the choice to book this ticket, not to hold it (and then call AA and have my credit used for the flight). So it kinda sucks that I can't take advantage of the 10% and use up my $200 credit.

Does your $200 credit expire? because the code does. If you do plan on traveling again in the future, you can save and use the credit then.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:32 pm

my apologies--I thought I had read the thread carefully enough.

Yes I can't seem to pass up a 10% deal so I might just go ahead and save my credit for another flight. It just chaps my hide though b/c I booked 2 flights before I had to cancel and get credit back *and* before the code came out. ah well!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:34 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
my apologies--I thought I had read the thread carefully enough.
Note that ALL discount codes on AA require immediate purchase. If a code is entered into that box, the option to Hold is unavailable. Also, this only works for things that can be booked on AA.com as the phone folks cannot apply these.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

Nice find!

I might use this to buy a full fare economy ticket. I assume that if if later need to cancel the ticket, there wouldn't be any problem getting the refund (less the 10% discount, of course). Does that sound right?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:40 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Nice find!

I might use this to buy a full fare economy ticket. I assume that if if later need to cancel the ticket, there wouldn't be any problem getting the refund (less the 10% discount, of course). Does that sound right?
I believe that this is correct- the nature/booking code of the ticket is not changed by use of the discount. Y should still be Y, with the same rules in force.

What I can see happening, though, is that the process is more tedious. As an example, most straight-booked fares can be changed online (there are check boxes for making changes). When a discount code is used, these are not available, and it indicates that one must call to make changes. Leads me to believe that some different channel is at play.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:16 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
For all those who suffer reading through my spwelling errors I came to the conclusion that after 24 hours and no email that somehow my fingers had given me a typo in the email address.

Did the process over again today and the email arrived immediately.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Booked coupon 1 for my BTR-DFW trip
2, 3 and 4 Ive got plans for as well!

Great find!!!^^
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
10% Discount on AA fares worldwide

Takes 60 seconds from clicking on the link to receiving an email w/ the promo code. No apologies if someone else already posted this here, as I am search impaired.

https://www.centuryinthemaking.com/sweepstakes.php

Congratulations! And thank you for participating in the Century in the Making promotion, presented by American Airlines. American Airlines is pleased to offer a 10% discount off your next trip! This offer is valid for travel from the 48 contiguous United States to any destination worldwide, for up to four (4) people traveling together. This discount may be used for ticket purchases made between March 1, 2010, and May 31, 2010, for travel between March 1, 2010, and May 31, 2010.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Righto..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-2010-a.html
Old Mar 25, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
No apologies if someone else already posted this here, as I am search impaired.
What does that mean, exactly?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by videomaker
What does that mean, exactly?
It means they didn't search.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Thanks Flyer_70.

By search impaired, I mean when I click the search button, I get a blank box. OTOH, I'm running Google Chrome on this machine, so maybe I'm just impaired period, rather than search impaired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.