Impact of AA clearing upgrades later than in the past

Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by LTRS
All of your "examples" put together equal less than one month of flying for me. So since my personal data set is much larger I have to go with my own experiences. I save email compulsively in a very organized fashion so I went back and checked my archives. I have had on ONE flight clear at the 100 hour mark of the last 12.

So despite your "eye roll" those are the facts as far as MY experience goes. Just like I said in my previous post. And I'm guessing this thread wouldn't have been started if others weren't experiencing something similar. So eye roll all you want.
I would hate to think I have misunderstood your posts, so let me see if I have this straight:

You originally stated that, as far as you could tell, upgrades no longer clear at 100 hours. You made this claim even though there are 20 examples of upgrades clearing at 100 hours in this very thread. Upon being told of these posts, you dismiss them as irrelevant because you don't find 20 to be a large enough data set. (I'm curious. Do you believe only those 20 upgrades cleared at 100 hours in the last 2 months?)

You do find, however, that despite being one EXP among thousands, your current year flights do represent a large enough data set to draw accurate conclusions. As I read it, your conclusion is that AA should stop advertising the EXP upgrade window. You believe this even though 25% of the time in the past 6 months your upgrades have cleared at the 100 hour window.

I hope I have summarized correctly, though there is one point that is still not clear to me. Maybe it's because I'm not very good with numbers, but I don't understand how your last 12 flights are relevant/significant. Since 20 flights represent less than one month travel for you, then 12 barely represents 2 weeks of travel, right?

Do you really think AA should stop advertising the 100-hour EXP upgrade window because you only received one upgrade at the window in a two-week period? Even though (by your own numbers) you've received over 30 upgrades at the 100-hour window in the last 6 months? You were right, I should not have used the . I should have used because that's the funniest thing I've read on FT in ages. Thanks for the day brightener!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Do you really think AA should stop advertising the 100-hour EXP upgrade window because you only received one upgrade at the window in a two-week period? Even though (by your own numbers) you've received over 30 upgrades at the 100-hour window in the last 6 months? You were right, I should not have used the . I should have used because that's the funniest thing I've read on FT in ages. Thanks for the day brightener!
And a for me.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
You were right, I should not have used the . I should have used because that's the funniest thing I've read on FT in ages. Thanks for the day brightener!
Actually the funniest thing I ever read on FT was your post about absolutely never, never, never, never, never having a less than 100% stellar encounter with each and every AAngel that you've ever encountered. And using that data point to dismiss the viewpoint of others. Sound familiar?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by sukn
Actually the funniest thing I ever read on FT was your post about absolutely never, never, never, never, never having a less than 100% stellar encounter with each and every AAngel that you've ever encountered. And using that data point to dismiss the viewpoint of others. Sound familiar?
I don't recall having ever made such a claim nor do I recall dismissing the viewpoint of others in the manner you have suggested. I guess (at least) one of us is quite confused about my posting history.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors
I don't recall having ever made such a claim nor do I recall dismissing the viewpoint of others in the manner you have suggested. I guess (at least) one of us is quite confused about my posting history.
I do. You do it constantly. I think YOU are confused about your posting history.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:41 pm

[QUOTE=oklAAhoma;13839492] Maybe it's because I'm not very good with numbers, ...QUOTE]

I would agree. You're not very good with numbers.

But you sure are good wasting a hell of a lot of time to try to dismiss 13 pages of discussion about the topic of this thread "IMPACT of AA clearing upgrades later than in the past" -- or perhaps you're not very good at reading either.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:05 pm

I do. You do it constantly. I think YOU are confused about your posting history.
Just so we're clear, are you saying I constantly claim that I absolutely never, never, never, never, never have had a less than 100% stellar encounter with each and every AAngel that I've ever encountered or that I constantly use that datapoint to dismiss the view of others? Please point me towards those posts, so that I can duly apologize.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:09 pm

Just so we're clear, are you saying I constantly claim that I absolutely never, never, never, never, never have had a less than 100% stellar encounter with each and every AAngel that I've ever encountered or that I constantly use that datapoint to dismiss the view of others? Please point me towards those posts, so that I can duly apologize.
Search is your friend.

Last edited by sukn; Apr 25, 2010 at 2:18 pm Reason: typo correction
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:12 pm

Those were your numbers. If there's a problem, please explain.

But you sure are good wasting a hell of a lot of time to try to dismiss 13 pages of discussion about the topic of this thread "IMPACT of AA clearing upgrades later than in the past" -- or perhaps you're not very good at reading either.

Wait a minute. Now I'm really confused. I could have sworn that just a few posts back you dismissed 20 examples in this thread as insignificant in comparison to your own travel patterns, but now you're telling me that the experiences posted by others in this thread do matter? Give me a second and I'll get a score card...

Okay. I'm all set! Now where were we?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Serach is your friend.
Who is Serach?
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Who is Serach?
LOL.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:19 pm
pj2

Programs: AA GLD
Maybe it's because I'm not very good with numbers, ...QUOTE]

I guess I need some clarification also. Are you saying that one person questioning the statistics used by one other person invalidates 13 pages of discussion?

Last edited by pj2; Apr 25, 2010 at 2:28 pm Reason: correct quotation symbols
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:23 pm

Serach is your friend.
Hey, I'm happy to search when I'm trying to prove my own point, but why on earth would I want to search to prove yours?

Two of you have made some claims regarding my posting patterns. I think it's time for one or both of you to get busy and back it up. Or you could concede that I never actually said that.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:26 pm

[QUOTE=pj2;13840840]

I guess I need some clarification also. Are you saying that one person questioning the statistics used by one other person invalidates 13 pages of discussion?

I'm actually saying s/he isn't very good at counting. Nor does s/he seem to realize that the thread was started by and continued by a good number of people who are discussing the "IMPACT of AA clearing upgrades leter than in the past."

It's also quite typical of the AApologists that frequent this forum. Dimissing people that don't have 100% stellar experience with AA appears to be their sole reason for posting here.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:42 pm

Hey, I'm happy to search when I'm trying to prove my own point, but why on earth would I want to search to prove yours?

Two of you have made some claims regarding my posting patterns. I think it's time for one or both of you to get busy and back it up. Or you could concede that I never actually said that.
Said what? I didn't see any quotation marks in that post (you know, these: " "). Pretty sure there is no search that catches the AApologist, dimissive, I spend half my life trying to dispute other people's actual experiences, attitude. Or is there a search for that?

In any case, the premise of the whole thread would seem to disprove you since many people have noticed the "impact of AA clearing upgrades later than in the past."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.