Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What was your sticker/EXP upgrade success rate in 2010?
I'm EXP: >90%
66.02%
I'm EXP: 75-90%
7.77%
I'm EXP: <75%
2.91%
I'm PLT: >90%
4.85%
I'm PLT: 75-90%
8.74%
I'm PLT: <75%
3.88%
I'm GLD: >90%
0%
I'm GLD: 75-90%
2.91%
I'm GLD: <75%
2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

2010: Upgrade Success Percentage (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
2010: Upgrade Success Percentage (consolidated)

Original post title: January 2010: Upgrade Percentage 100% (14/14)

With all the talk about upgrades and increased number of elites, I figured I'd toss in my stats (since I can't report them in my sig for another while). 14 segments this month (all AUS-DFW-EWR-DFW-AUS) and I got upgraded on all 14 at least a few days before each trip.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

12/15/10 - The above poll has now been added. It's not perfect, but it's the best we can do with this software. Please note the arbitrary limitation to requested sticker/EXP upgrades - please omit stats from Eagle, SWUs, intl segments, etc. Enjoy!

For last year's thread for comparison, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ess-rates.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Dec 15, 2010 at 1:27 pm Reason: added poll
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:19 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
With all the talk about upgrades and increased number of elites, I figured I'd toss in my stats (since I can't report them in my sig for another while). 14 segments this month (all AUS-DFW-EWR-DFW-AUS) and I got upgraded on all 14 at least a few days before each trip.
How do you figure 14 segments on those itineraries? It's either 12 (3 RT's) or 16 (4 RT's)..just sayin'.

Did you drive home from DFW twice?

16-16 out of SAT here. Had a nice streak of 59 in a row late last year.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:22 pm

I just flew ORD-LAX this morning. Didn't get the upgrade, or even an exit row I know I booked late, about a week ago, but it was funny when they called EXPs and PLTs to board, it really looked like the whole gate area got in line. I'm 9/11 for this year.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by IMStill4Travel
How do you figure 14 segments on those itineraries? It's either 12 (3 RT's) or 16 (4 RT's)..just sayin'.

Did you drive home from DFW twice?

16-16 out of SAT here. Had a nice streak of 59 in a row late last year.
I had one rt that was a carryover from the outbound leg that I traveled in Dec. Hope that makes sense.

SP
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:32 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
I had one rt that was a carryover from the outbound leg that I traveled in Dec. Hope that makes sense.

SP
Yes, it does.

Just took a quick look back at last year.

Upgraded 135-139 (slightly over 97%) and 2 of the 4 coach trips were due to last minute changes. I'm quite happy with that.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I'm 9/10 so far this year. The miss was on a SFO - DFW where I was #1 on the upgrade list but never made it. A very poor flight - flight was late due to FA who fell ill at the last minute, causing a wait for a reserve FA; no food-for-purchase offered; and worst of all, the power ports on the entire left side of the plane were not working - I hadn't charged my battery), so I only had about an hour on Gogo before the battery gave up the ghost. Rude FA who made an audible and visual sign of detached non-concern when I politely asked if she could ask the FA in front to try re-booting the power system "It's already on - you'll just have to live with it" she declared in a voice dripping with ennui. Oh well - I hope that I got my one bad flight out of the way for 2010.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:58 pm

I'm going to be 0/1 on LAX-MIA on 2/12

Booked 2 months ago, and 3 weeks before flight business is already sold out. Will be happy (EXP) to get my free wine and snack and watch some movie on personal screen
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
6 for 6 so far
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Tries
I'm going to be 0/1 on LAX-MIA on 2/12

Booked 2 months ago, and 3 weeks before flight business is already sold out. Will be happy (EXP) to get my free wine and snack and watch some movie on personal screen

Is this on #1516? The 777? That sucks!!! Hopefully you have row 31 .. I love that seat.

Don't count yourself out of an upgrade yet though, all it takes is one cancellation or flight change on the departure date, out of 37 seats. And if you booked so far in advance, VIPs/award fares/connecting pax aside, you're probably #1 on the standby list. Good luck!

Btw, the wine in Y is horrible. I'd go for a Heineken instead lol
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Tries
I'm going to be 0/1 on LAX-MIA on 2/12. Booked 2 months ago, and 3 weeks before flight business is already sold out.
One possible explanation is heavy cruise traffic. A number of cruise pax, especially those in the high-category cabins, take advantage of the cruise line air-sea department's flight upgrade options.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
In Jan I was 3/3, and by the end of next week I'll be 2/2 in Feb as well. In the interest of full disclosure, 4 of the 5 will have been mileage upgrades.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
One possible explanation is heavy cruise traffic. A number of cruise pax, especially those in the high-category cabins, take advantage of the cruise line air-sea department's flight upgrade options.
I was wondering why my flight from MIA-LGA seems to be sold out the next weekend. Hoping for an upgrade, especially since I don't have an assigned seat. February travel for you!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
So far this year upgraded on 12 out of 13 segments based in AUS. The missing segment I wait listed onto an earlier flight and just missd out on upgrading on that flight when a paying F showed up just as the GA was going to ticket me.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
3/3 . Kind of worried with so many EXPs posting less than 100% though.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
Originally Posted by JumboD
In the interest of full disclosure, 4 of the 5 will have been mileage upgrades.
That's cheating! There's usually A inventory for the taking, for those willing to burn miles / VIPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.