FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   aa.com Date Flexible Searches suspended indefinitely (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1045933-aa-com-date-flexible-searches-suspended-indefinitely.html)

alien Jan 30, 2010 7:55 am

aa.com Date Flexible Searches suspended indefinitely

I'm not seeing the option for flexible date searches this morning.

Dallas49er Jan 30, 2010 8:00 am

without more info, I'll take a stab at it:

If you are talking about searching for flights on AA.com, the "Price and Schedule" option gives a look on either side of your chosen date.

flipside Jan 30, 2010 8:04 am

"Dates Felixble" no longer an option?

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee in me yet, but it appears the "dates flexible" option has disappeared from aa.com. That was one of my most used features of the site!

Gregflyer Jan 30, 2010 8:12 am

Originally Posted by flipside (Post 13287490)
Maybe I haven't had enough coffee in me yet, but it appears the "dates flexible" option has disappeared from aa.com. That was one of my most used features of the site!

I just saw that this morning. I called the AA.com Web Services customer service and they said that this Date Flexible search has been suspended indefinitely. I have no clue why they would disable one of the most useful searches on their booking tab....BUT...I did write into them requesting that they reinstate this search.

If you want it to come back I strongly recommend taking the time to send them an email at

https://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewEma...me=webServices

Please also take the time to call them at 1-800-222-2377 and ask that it be reinstated

The more people that write in and/or call the better chance that they will put this back on the site. They just changed this last night (Jan. 29th)

alien Jan 30, 2010 8:15 am

I am referring to the ability to search 31 day blocks by checking the flexible date box pre query. The box is gone. And while I'm at it, when making a reservation query now, there appears to be a choice of "Flight Only" or "Flight & Hotel"...("Save!") boxes.

bdemaria Jan 30, 2010 8:15 am

It is still visible on award searches.

For a paid ticket, choose the price and schedule option and it shows the prices for 8 days - and the option of scrolling left/right for an add'l 3 days.

Gregflyer Jan 30, 2010 8:19 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria (Post 13287524)
It is still visible on award searches.

For a paid ticket, choose the price and schedule option and it shows the prices for 8 days - and the option of scrolling left/right for an add'l 3 days.

Yes, but the Dates Flexible search lets you search fares for a full 31 days just by entering the # of nights you are staying and you could easily change the # of nights to run a new fare search. The Price & Schedule search is limited to 7 days and will only let you scroll 3 days once

JDiver Jan 30, 2010 8:44 am

Two threads started within ten minutes of each other have been merged, and the thread has been retitled to reflect the actual state of affairs.

/Moderator

giggy Jan 30, 2010 9:51 am

ITA has month long searches

masonp123 Jan 30, 2010 9:59 am

Has AA formally announced this change?

videomaker Jan 30, 2010 10:02 am

As an alternative if AA makes this permanent, Travelocity has a good flexible search but it only works for domestic.

This move kind of looks like a hindrance to finding the cheapest fares. Imagine that!

frfl37 Jan 30, 2010 10:10 am

Ditto. Used this feature all the time, including trying early today. Maybe a Dallas programmer is still upset with the Cowboys!

miamigrad Jan 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Big :td:

I, too, used this feature a lot. Thankfully, there are other sites and methods for getting the information I need. I wrote to AA to express my disappointment.

ferriswren Jan 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Standard response from AA:

"Thank you for your message to AA.com and for taking the time to inform
us of this error.

We have reported this issue to our programmers for further research and
correction. We appreciate your patience while we continue to
technically fine-tune the website.

Thanks again for writing to AA.com. Please know that we are working hard
to create a convenient travel experience for you. From logging on to
taking off, American Airlines wants to be your airline of choice."

Not sure how this is an "error." Perhaps of judgment? But they did get back to me in under an hour.

Lv2Trvl Jan 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi there -

It is a tool I use also - so after reading this thread - I sent an email through the website (only a couple of hours ago) and just received this response:

Dear ...

Thank you for your interest in American Airlines. We want to respond to
you, our AAdvantage Platinum customer first.

I'm sorry however the "Dates Flexible" feature is no longer available.

Please know that we pay close attention to comments, like yours, so that
we may better gauge trends in the industry and meet the needs of our
passengers. Accordingly, I have sent your feedback on to the appropriate
management team for their review.

We appreciate your visit to the American Airlines website, AA.com.

Sincerely,
[redacted]
AA.com Web Services
American Airlines, Inc.

sounds pretty permanent from the response ...