Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton HHonors Gold courtesy of AA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:19 am

Would like to add my experience per above posts. Yes, Hilton gold is like having "hotel gold" (very valuable) while Starwood gold is almost worthless.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Also received the Gold offer from Hilton. Received Diamond in 2005 after reaching PLT for the first time, but didn't do anything with it. I usually use Priceline to get deals on 4-star hotels, so I'm not sure how much I'll do with the HHonors status.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:01 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cAAribmorpho
Also received the Gold offer from Hilton. Received Diamond in 2005 after reaching PLT for the first time, but didn't do anything with it. I usually use Priceline to get deals on 4-star hotels, so I'm not sure how much I'll do with the HHonors status.
It works really well if you use HHonors points to get the hotel for free...and then get the Gold perks on top of that

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:39 pm

I received this offer too...made Gold through a challenge last summer. I never book through hotel websites (too expensive), though, so I know I won't accrue points. Can you still benefit from this at all?
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by F23Coupe
Err, I'm currently on travel so I can't check my mail to see if I received anything. For those that received the offer, do you have to call or take any action to activate this offer or is it good to go without doing anything on your part?
I received one (I'm plat, my offer was for the 50k--daughter is GLD and got the lesser 25k offer). I do need to know though (can't recall details) if/how to activate the offer. I left my mail at home and am on the road now....and it looks like I will be stranded in STL Tuesday night and could stay at the Hampton there (so would like to use this as one of my stays). Unfortunately I am routed through ORD at the moment which I am sure will delay me into STL and I will miss the last Cessna out to MWA on Cape Air.........crossing my fingers AA will declare a storm notice that will allow me to change my routing through DFW........would really love to make it home Tuesday night, but if I can't I need to know how to activate this offer......anyone?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:53 am

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by chamonix
I received one (I'm plat, my offer was for the 50k--daughter is GLD and got the lesser 25k offer). I do need to know though (can't recall details) if/how to activate the offer. I left my mail at home and am on the road now....and it looks like I will be stranded in STL Tuesday night and could stay at the Hampton there (so would like to use this as one of my stays). Unfortunately I am routed through ORD at the moment which I am sure will delay me into STL and I will miss the last Cessna out to MWA on Cape Air.........crossing my fingers AA will declare a storm notice that will allow me to change my routing through DFW........would really love to make it home Tuesday night, but if I can't I need to know how to activate this offer......anyone?
They gave me a card with an account number and temp pin in my offer. Family at home should be able to check your mail.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:39 am
COU

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Gold
I received the offer in the mail..just got EXP this year....I'm already HH silver...I contacted HH and they had me move my existing account to the new Gold HH account...all worked fine....
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by foxberg
Just spoke to AAdvantage rep. This Hilton offer is mailed by Hilton itself. AA knows little to nothing about it and has no say about who receives it. They are affiliates hence AA reference on mailing.
So just for grins I called Hilton. I've been HH Silver for a couple of years and am AA PLAT. According to the Hilton rep, this is promotion is sponsored by the airlines and Hilton has no say as to who gets the offer.

Kinda makes me wonder if the person that put the memo out for this promotion also put out the memo for the comp drink/snack on AE?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
The "targeting" of this offer is pretty random if you ask me. Unless if they're planning to cover everyone in waves and those who didn't get the offer will get them soon. For the record, I'm an AA Platinum and HH Silver but didn't get the offer. =(
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by videomaker
Mine was targeted, I'm not sure if it was only EXP but would suspect that was the case.
Seems to me they'll give free gold to every Tom, Dick & Harry that is alive in the world and has registered for some sort of FF program (they did it with BA a couple years back). Oh and every Tom, Dick and Harry's children, too.

My kids have both just received their HH Gold VIP card. One is 5 the other is 10 years old. (They're AA PLT falling to Gold, AA Gold cards arrived together with these).
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:20 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by F23Coupe
The "targeting" of this offer is pretty random if you ask me. Unless if they're planning to cover everyone in waves and those who didn't get the offer will get them soon. For the record, I'm an AA Platinum and HH Silver but didn't get the offer. =(
Have you taken advantage of a previous comp to gold offer from HH before? My thoughts after not receiving this offer is that it falls within the category that you only are allowed to receive & use one during your lifetime. IMO every aa elite is not going to be covered. I woulld like to be found out to be wrong but feel confident having been excluded from other targetted HH offers with other FFPs that is the reasoning.

Now someone will probably post in this thread that they have done this more than once (courtesy/comp HH upgrade gold) making me feel more left out than I already do this morning.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:23 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by magic111

Now someone will probably post in this thread that they have done this more than once (courtesy/comp HH upgrade gold) making me feel more left out than I already do this morning.
Well, I will say that neither I nor mrs. brp have had a comp to HH Gold, and neither of us have received it. So they're surely not hitting all the AA elites who've not gotten the comp.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:29 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by brp
Well, I will say that neither I nor mrs. brp have had a comp to HH Gold, and neither of us have received it. So they're surely not hitting all the AA elites who've not gotten the comp.

Cheers.
Damn, back to the magic8ball than.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I am AA gold and got the offer. Mr. Zipadee didn't. I have an existing HHonors account with around 60,000 points in it. I'd love to be gold. Can you combine the two accounts so I get the gold benefits and my existing points? I've read entire thread. I intend to call Hilton myself on Thursday but would like to know what I can and can't expect when I call. Thanks.]

Oh and my offer was only for 25,000 points

Last edited by zipadee; Feb 9, 2010 at 11:09 am
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by zipadee
I am AA gold and got the offer. Mr. Zipadee didn't. I have an existing HHonors account with around 60,000 points in it. I'd love to be gold. Can you combine the two accounts so I get the gold benefits and my existing points?
No, you cannot combine accounts with spouse. They stopped this in April 2004 but it was allowed before that. I know because I got married in Oct 2003 and kept putting it off and called in mid April only to find that they had just canceled that feature. Live and learn.

On 2nd reading, I'm wondering if YOU have 2 accounts. If so, you can combine multiple accounts for the same person. You get all the points and the highest status. I can't remember if you can do online but I know some of the hotels allow you to combine on the web site so go log into your account first and look for options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.