Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton HHonors Gold courtesy of AA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
Originally Posted by AA53
Just called Hilton. They will attempt to resurrect 100,000 orphaned points on my expired account. No promises were made but customer service was very nice and professional.
Got one today as well and am no longer a HH member. Bonus of 50K points after 4 stays by 5/15/10. I lost over 200K HH points when my account expired and when I asked for them back they said no. Worth a call again.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I'm having a fantasy that I will get one from AA and CO.

Get 50K miles each and then combine them...

Originally Posted by plat
Received this today, and activated it. 50k bonus pts for 3 stays by 5/15/2010
Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by Gamecock
I'm having a fantasy that I will get one from AA and CO.

Get 50K miles each and then combine them...
It's 50K HH points, which is a far cry from 50K miles. 50K HH points is one night in a major city hotel.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
50K HH points can be converted into approximately 7.5K AAdvantage miles.

Source: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pa...ltonHotels.jsp
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Miss spoke. 50K points.

Still, 100K= 2 nights.

Originally Posted by Ready2Go
It's 50K HH points, which is a far cry from 50K miles. 50K HH points is one night in a major city hotel.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 5:05 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Hey, good news. I have been HH Gold for two years. This year, I was short or requalifying by 3 nights. Was looking for ways to become HH Gold again, as I have many trips with Hilton stays in the next 5 months. This year, I became ExPlat (lite) for the first time, so will be checking my mail box for the new card and promo from HH.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jakuda
No, this isn't in the wrong forum. I got a Hilton HHonors gold card in the mail today through AA. Anyone else? The gold level is the "mid tier" level.
Are you sure this was "courtesy" of AA or was it courtesy of Hilton, due to AA status?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 5:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm a former 7 year diamond who left Hh completely in 2006 (except to burn Hh points) and dropped to Gold which expires this March

With the recent devaluation of Hh points; I burned another 600K for 2010 in award stays. I'd love to get the gold just so that I'll have the benefits for my award stays this year and maybe a bit in 2011; I still have over 200K left to burn

I didn't get anything from Hh though as an AA Exp

I think I'll wait till July to call for the challenge for 4 stays for Gold (and hopefully 50K points too ) so that the gold will last me until 3/12 unless I get something from Hh via AA before that
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by demkr
50K HH points can be converted into approximately 7.5K AAdvantage miles.

Source: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pa...ltonHotels.jsp
So Hilton points aren't worth much. I think I will just keep staying at Marriott...I have lifetime Platinum there and never need to worry about requalifying.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
I got the offer in the mail yesterday and I have no status with AA. Used to be Platinum, then dropped to Gold but haven't had anything since Gold expired last Feb. My was for 25k points for 4 stays. I'm currently a HHonors Diamond so I called and had the accounts merged so I still get the 25k points after 4 stays.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by plasticman
Pt of Data: I am a perpetual HH Silver and AA PLT (with 1 yr as EXP). In the past 8 years or so, HH has comp'd me Gold twice (including my current HH Gold status).

Added: Both times it happened, it was with a new HH member number. They make you transfer your points to the new number, which is a slight hassle, but not bad. The biggest PIA was that you had to change your website username.
Same story here... I just rec'd the comp'd Gold status. I didn't know they will transfer my existing points from my original account. I'll seek that out. Thanks!

Cheers.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG, Priority Club and Hertz
I should have known!

All I have to do is go to FT to find answers. I had no idea why I got gold HH status - I didn't do anything aside from one stay in a Hilton and this elite card came in the mail. I've been wondering about it for months. Thanks for filling me in.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
Got one today. It expires 03/2011.

In addition to the Gold status, it also gives 50,000 bonus points after completing four qualifying stay by May 15, 2010.
ive also rec'd this promo yesterday in the mail. im not a hilton fan, but im going to participate in this promo.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Targeted offer? Im currently seeking HH Gold status ASAP
Amex has a Hilton card that carries HH Gold status.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:37 am

Got a similar offer last year. Used to stay in Hilton hotels at least once or twice a month, but stopped and lost all status. I suppose this freebie was a way of reigniting some loyalty.

However, like I am with my women, I seldom stray and I'm a one-hotel-chain kind of guy, and my love is currently for Starwood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.