Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton HHonors Gold courtesy of AA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:29 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Success

OK, it took a while, but as an existing HHonors member who did receive the targeted email from AA, I was finally able to get HH customer service to process my status upgrade thru March 2014. It took 3 emails and 2.5 weeks (phoning is probably faster):
8/10/12 - I emailed HH CS stating that I received the AA offer and was contacting them to process my status upgrade as per the T&C. I included a copy of the AA email and a link to the T&C.

8/18/12 - HH CS responded that the offer is only available to targeted members but that they would offer me 2500 bonus points for next stay within 60 days.

8/19/12 - I responded to reiterate that I was targeted and available to existing HH members as per the T&C. Stated that I hoped they would be honoring the terms of the promotion as advertised.

8/20/12 - HH Email Coordinator responded apologizing for misunderstanding and asking for copy of AA email that I received.

8/21/12 - I forwarded another copy of the AA email, the link to the T&C, and a quote of the T&C:

2. If you're already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by November 28, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.
8/27/12 - HH Development Coach responded that my status had been upgraded to Gold through March 2014 as per the promotion. ^
Phew!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
I finally just made a new account. It'll be easier to merge them later than fight with hhonors now.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by mathlete
I finally just made a new account.
I finally just gave up. I was targeted, but they refused to honor their offer.
Originally Posted by mathlete
It'll be easier to merge them later than fight with hhonors now.
It will be easier to book with Hyatt, Marriott or Sheraton. I've lost interest in dealing with Hilton.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Has anyone received their 50,000 HH points bonus from this yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.