FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Web & Agent mess up reservation. Change fee waiver? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1043882-web-agent-mess-up-reservation-change-fee-waiver.html)

jws026 Jan 25, 2010 10:47 am

Web & Agent mess up reservation. Change fee waiver?

In a nutshell, here's what happens:

- I hold two reservations to purchase together. Four tickets, same flight.

- Purchase one, goes through fine. Go to purchase second, it says, despite being held, "Your fare has gone up (now exponentially more expensive), sorry"

- Call AA web support. They dig into it, find an error, fix it, and I process the purchase.

- When I check the reservation, it doesn't come up as purchased. Call AA reservations.

- They look at it, find a billing bottleneck. Go to resolve it, and the Agent accidentally cancels the reservation when trying to figure out the billing issue.

- She works furiously to bring it back, but can't bring back the same fare bucket. Books the other two reservations on a different set of flights, hours apart, and suggests we go standby as a group.

Any recourse? Would really prefer we're all on the same flight.

Blumie Jan 25, 2010 11:31 am

Your recourse is to call back and hope to get a sypathetic agent. If you don't like the answers you're getting from the first agent, politely hang up and call back. Repeat until you at least get an agent who sounds like s/he knows what s/he's doing. Please report back the results.

gizmodell Jan 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by jws026 (Post 13252360)
In a nutshell, here's what happens:

- I hold two reservations to purchase together. Four tickets, same flight.

- Purchase one, goes through fine. Go to purchase second, it says, despite being held, "Your fare has gone up (now exponentially more expensive), sorry"

- Call AA web support. They dig into it, find an error, fix it, and I process the purchase.

- When I check the reservation, it doesn't come up as purchased. Call AA reservations.

- They look at it, find a billing bottleneck. Go to resolve it, and the Agent accidentally cancels the reservation when trying to figure out the billing issue.

- She works furiously to bring it back, but can't bring back the same fare bucket. Books the other two reservations on a different set of flights, hours apart, and suggests we go standby as a group.

Any recourse? Would really prefer we're all on the same flight.

I'd probably ask to speak to a supervisor... that should be something that they can easily fix, especially since it was the agent's mistake.. Suggesting that you go standby as a group is not acceptable!