FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1038416-2010-aa-international-meals-menus-menu-photos-etc-consolidated.html)

chanp Jan 11, 2010 3:06 pm

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Recent ORD-DEL-ORD Menus in J

Any Jan updates? Doing this next week. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

This post has been moved over from an older thread to start this new 2010 thread on international meal service.

You can also check at the aa.com Dining page, which has links to specific pages, e.g. International Flagship Entrees (sic) / Premium Class Dining Options, which has some links to occasional downloadable PDF menus.

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

dstan and JDiver
AA Forum Co-Moderator

ugorightigoleft Jan 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Any info on JFK-LHR-JFK in J would be appreciated as well...hitting that this week. Thx!

Edit--sorry I am on last night flight out and last night flight back, both presumably dinner service! :)

WrLdTrvLnIndian Jan 21, 2010 5:01 am

Anyone have insight on the JFK-NRT route...J class meal service. I am a vegeitarian so usually call in for my special meal but always hope for them having another veggie option on the regular meal service since the special meal AA has is VEGAN.

Doghound Jan 21, 2010 7:29 am

I can post JFK-BCN-JFK in Y, if anyone is really that curious and/or desperate for pictures of AA's food, haha.

gluedtothewindow Jan 21, 2010 8:03 am

Flew ORD-DEL in J on 12/14. If nobody beats me to it I'll upload the menu later tonight.

WrLdTrvLnIndian Jan 21, 2010 11:04 am

i just flew that route this past weekend. BCN-JFK had Tortellini with creame sauce, and the other was Beef

skye1 Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by gluedtothewindow (Post 13224874)
Flew ORD-DEL in J on 12/14. If nobody beats me to it I'll upload the menu later tonight.

Excellent! I'm flying this in a couple of weeks.

One of our mods, dstan, has a thread on the AA DEL flights as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post11920632

ugorightigoleft Jan 21, 2010 2:44 pm

LHR-JFK J Dinner/Snack Service 19 Jan

Starter was smoked sesame salmon rolled with cucumber in a Thai sweet chili dressing, along with the usual side salad.

The four choices for the main were:

1. Grilled beef filet with shallot sauce (with truffle gnocchi, which sounded quite good)
2. Chicken Provençal
3. Seared scallops (with a creamy "lime champagne" sauce on the side, with mushrooms and asparagus and rice pilaf)
4. Rigatoni with cream sauce

Snack was choice of pesto pizza or warm turkey sandwich on olive ciabatta with some sort of eggplant-tomato sauce. Both choices came with another side salad (this time with feta cheese, I believe) and a blackberry-currant mousse cake.

I opted for the scallops as my main and the turkey sandwich for the snack. Overall, everything I got was v good (especially enjoyed the starter with the smoked salmon).

gluedtothewindow Jan 21, 2010 3:40 pm

ORD-DEL J Menu

As I said before, I flew this on 12/14/09. Here's the menu. It was amazing (first time in int'l J, so take that as you will).

Champagne
• Pommery Brut Champagne

White Whines
• Tabali Special Reserve Chardonnay
• Seven Sisters "Vivian" Sauvignon Blanc

Red Wines
• Andeluna "Winemaker's Selection" Cabernet Sauvignon
• One World Pinotage

Sherry
• Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
• Graham's Vintage Port

DINNER SERVICE

To Start: Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer: Mint chutney shrimp with curried chickpeas and potato salad

Bread Basket

Main Course
• Hara Chicken
• Vegetable Saag Paneer
• Kamb Medallions with Ale Tomato Sauce
• Ginger Soy Salmon

Dessert
• Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch ice cream with cocoa dusted almonds
• Caciotta and cheddar cheese accompanied by seasonal grapes and dried apricots

To Finish: Ghirardelli chocolates

LIGHT MEAL

Select From:
• Uno's Pizza
• Chicken Tikka

Dessert: Citrus carrot cake

BREAKFAST

To Start: Fresh seasonal fruit

Breakfast Breads

Main Course
• Cream Cheese and Chive Omelette
• Vegetable Cutlet with Paneer Tikka

PRE ARRIVAL BEVERAGE

For Your Enjoyment: Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

tom911 Jan 25, 2010 3:58 am

Chicago-Dublin 757 service

This was a tough upgrade to clear. All week long the flight showed J0, and then J1 the day before departure. I got the last business class seat at the gate.

Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Seven Sisters Vivian Sauvignon Blanc (South Africa)
Aresti Chardonnay (Chile)

Red Wines
Chateau Villa Bel-Air
Castle Rock Pinot Noir

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham's Vintage Port

Main Course:
Beef Fillet with Foyot Sauce
Seared Tilapia with Herb Sauce
Sausage and Mushroom Lasagna

My selection: Chooza Tikka Masala (and it was delicious)
Tandoori marinated chicken breast in a rich fenugreek tomato sauce served with lemon rice and dahi elaichi rajma (red kidney beans simmered in a green cardamom yogurt base) – a signature item developed by At Vermillion chef Maneet Chauhan

I'll only post 2 photos here and you can access the rest below in the AA folder.

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...68_GQRjf-S.jpg http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...01_Zaq5z-S.jpg

execplatscum Jan 25, 2010 8:51 am

Same on ORD-FRA.... Chicken Tikka was good

A bit strange to have the standard no meat pasta replaced with the sausage infused lasagna.

yuchung5 Jan 26, 2010 7:45 am

Not sure this has been discussed or not.
Asian Menus - Premium Class Pre-Order Options
As of February 1, 2010, American Airlines will only offer traditional Japanese meals to First Class and Business Class customers who pre-order them. If you will be traveling in Premium Class between the U.S. and Japan, and if you wish to enjoy a traditional Japanese meal in-flight, then please pre-order a traditional Japanese meal. To pre-order, either call American Airlines Reservations at 1-800-433-7300 in the U.S. and Canada, visit a local American Airlines ticket office or contact your travel agent. Pre-orders must be placed a minimum of 24 hours in advance of flight departure.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...hipEntrees.jsp

By the way, what is the menu for PVG plight?

Thanks

PaulaJK Jan 26, 2010 9:34 am

F menu

Flying AA JFK-NRT in F in early March? Has anyone recently flown this route and can you comment on service and menu? I suspect menu may be the same. Thanks

magic111 Jan 27, 2010 12:36 pm

NRT-LAX Jan 23 Business

Warm mixed nuts
A selection of assorted sushi
Fresh seasonal greens offered with creamy Thai dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Assorted gourmet breads

Chicken with Red Wine Sauce
Grilled, marinated breast of chicken topped with basil butter and red wine and tomato demi-glace, served with wild mushroom risotto and seasonal vegetables

Filet of beef Bordelaise
Grilled fillet of beef enhanced by a bordelaise sauce, offered with sauteed spinach, chateau carrots and fried potatoes with onion, bacon and mushrooms

Seafood Noodle Bowl
Garlic chili marianted prawns and scallops served over rice noodles with broccoli, asparagus and shitake mushroom

Vanilla ice cream accompanied by strawberry sauce and walnut cookie crubmble topping
or
Fresh assorted fruit

Assorted chocolates

Japanese Winter Menu
Appetizer - A selection of assorted sushi

Main Tray
Kobachi Dish
Smoked salmon and seaweed salad served with green curl, yellow cherry tomato, nagaimo-yam, diced red onion and japanese wasabi dressing

Hassun Dish
Grilled white fish with cheese accompanied by a wild plant omelette, grilled marinated prawns, grilled chicken skewer with wasabi paste and vinegared carrot with radish julienne and salmon roe

Simmered Dish
Simmered konjack and senmai vegetables served with crabmeat paste, fried bean curd roll and mizuna leaf

Entree
Deep-fried golden thread with crabmeatt starch sauce accompanied by simmered lotus root, bamboo shoot and shishito pepper

Soup
Miso soup with tofu and wakame seaweed

Accompaned by steamed rice and assorted seasonal pickles

Breakfast

Breakfast Breads
A selection of breakfast breads

Main Course
Gruyere Cheese Omelette
A fluffy omeltte with Gruyere cheese offered with greeen aspargus, cherry tomatoes and herbed port sausage

Cereal and Yogurt

The usual Snack Attack, Express Breakfast, and Dine upon Request were also offered.

tom911 Jan 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Dublin-Chicago 757 service

Wines: same as on the TO Dublin menu previously posted

Main Course:
Beef Fillet with Shallot Sauce
Chicken Provencal
Rigatoni with Cream Sauce

My selection: Scallops with Lime Champagne (tasted great, along with a huge salad beforehand)
Seared scallops flavored with a creamy lime champagne sauce, complemented by a mushroom and asparagus saute and rice pilaf with leeks

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...26_4ojXk-S.jpg http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...82_s5YpG-S.jpg

Rest of the photos in the AA folder linked below.

chanp Jan 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Did ORD-DEL in C on the 20th of this month. All was pretty much the same besides some of the main entrees. Had a tilapia, shrimp mojito dish, saag paneer and chicken curry. Didnt have the heath bar (one of my fav) but a sweet cream with chocolate shaving with I wanna say brownies. Im traveling all over India right, but when I get back to my stuff in DEL, ill update.

egeller624 Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am

LHR -> LAX Jan 27 Business Class (777)

This was the menu:

http://www.egeller.com/flyertalk/wines.JPG

I had a couple of glasses of sherry with the warm nuts just after takeoff. The FA had to go into First Class to get the sherry bottle but didn't seem to be bothered by it. She just asked me to wait a moment.

http://www.egeller.com/flyertalk/mainMeal.JPG

The salmon/cucumber roll starter was really tasty. Although the menu says blue cheese dressing for the salad I was actually offered creamy garlic, not sure if this was a mistake in the menu or what. I chose the beef which was surprisingly rare and juicy. The gnocchi was a bit floury though but edible. The pinot noir I chose went really well with the meal.

I was happy to see Ben & Jerry's mint chocolate chunk as it's one of my fav flavours. It went well with a nice glass of Bailey's on the rocks.

http://www.egeller.com/flyertalk/lightSnack.JPG

I passed on the cheese & crackers but did go for the light meal offered about 90 minutes before landing. I chose the pizza which was decent enough for airline pizza. The side salad was ok but the dressing wasn't to my liking. I didn't even try the dessert. I dunno, something off-putting about a bright purple slice of cheesecake lol.

This being my first experience in J on AA it was quite good, I certainly enjoyed the free-flowing drinks and more comfortable environment. Hopefully I'll get upgraded on the return flight in a few weeks too! :)

dstan Jan 28, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks for posting egeller624! I've temporarily de-embedded your images as they were extremely large. If you would like to post them in-line, please reduce them to a smaller size (at least less than the default thread width, preferably smaller). This will make it easier for folks to view your photos and will also reduce page loading times. If you want to maintain links to the full-size images, then you could also consider using thumbnails with URLs embedded. Thanks for your help!

/Moderator

Abidjan Jan 28, 2010 2:45 pm

As long as they're serving pizza, I wish they'd replace the current offering with the domestic bbq version. Much better.

tom911 Feb 1, 2010 3:39 pm

Another main course from ORD-DUB: sausage and mushroom lasagna.

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...01_MoHav-S.jpg

sts603 Feb 1, 2010 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 13303340)
Another main course from ORD-DUB: sausage and mushroom lasagna.

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...01_MoHav-S.jpg

Was it better than it looks?

tom911 Feb 1, 2010 3:54 pm

I'd rate it average. I won't be ordering it again. Fortunately, with the huge salad they give you, along with some rolls, I'm pretty full by the time the main course comes around.

sts603 Feb 1, 2010 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 13303454)
with the huge salad they give you

Yeah for an airline that became famous for removing one olive, I'm surprised they don't realize they could cut 40% of the stuff out of the Int'l J salads. I don't think I've ever ate more than half of one. And I tend to finish salads.

tom911 Feb 3, 2010 11:06 pm

Menu change this week DUB-ORD. New main courses:

Chateaubriand with Mushroom Sauce
Foie Gras Stuffed Chicken
Pecorino Gnocchi

My choice: Rack of Lamb with Merlot Sauce

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...73_mg5Yk-S.jpg http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...98_dFdsF-S.jpg

john93711 Feb 3, 2010 11:11 pm

Tom do the 757 Flagship meals have the same service as the 763s or the regular 777 service? Like sundaes and the cheese at the beginning?

The china in the photos looks like its similar to the 763 service, but just curious if there are any differences.

Thank you for all of your photos.

tom911 Feb 4, 2010 12:12 am

They do serve sundaes with choice of topping on the Dublin flights, as well as an appetizer and cheese/nuts. I have some of those photos linked below if you want to look at them.

john93711 Feb 4, 2010 12:22 am

Ah, yes, I see them now.

If anyone is curious JFK-BCN had the same entrees as ORD-DUB in January.

Carfield Feb 4, 2010 5:16 am

AA 169 LAX-NRT F/Class FEB 2010 with link

American Airlines
First Class
AA 169
Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8QbNHDNy5bqP5w

From Our Wine Cellar
Specially Selected by Wine Consultant Ken Chase
Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Joseph Drouhin Rully Chardonnay
Groom Lenswood Sauvignon Blanc, Adelaide Hills, Australia

Red Wines
Domaine Duclaux Chateauneuf-du-Pape
Cloudline Pinot Noir, Oregon

Apertifs and Dessert Wines
Emilio Lustau Sherry
Choya Umeshu Plum Liqueur “Excellent”
Gekkeikan Horin Daiginjo Sake
Graham’s 20 Years Old Tawny Port

Dining Service
Thank you for choosing American Airlines. It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of dining options on today’s flight. We invite you to experience new menu items developed in collaboration with renowned Hawaiian restauranteur, author and TV host Sam Choy and Chef’s Conclave member Nancy Brussat.

We are also pleased to offer traditional Japanese cuisine on today’s flight. In order to ensure our Japanese cuisine option is available, we kindly request you pre-order this selection at least 24 hours prior to your flight. There are a limited number of Japanese cuisine meals on board. We apologize if your first selection is not available.

To Start
Warm mixed nuts
Or
Roasted garlic edamame hummus with pita chips

Appetizer
Smoked salmon and tarragon shrimp accompanied by capers, red onion and sour cream

The Salad Cart
Fresh seasonal greens with squash, cucumbers, artichoke hearts and roasted tomatoes offered with creamy Asian dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Cajun style roasted chicken breast

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads offered with butter or Sapori d’Arte Olive oil

Main Course
Beef Fillet with Mushroom sauce
Grilled fillet of beef served with a creamy morel mushroom sauce, Brussels sprouts with pancetta and orzo ratatouille
Or
Soy Glazed Chicken Bowl
Soy glazed breast of chicken with honey glazed carrots julienne, seasoned broccoli florets and baby boy choy served over fried rice
Or
Wasabi Crusted Salmon
Wasabi crusted salmon topped with a sweet papaya pineapple marmalade, paired with Dauphinoise potatoes and seasonal sautéed vegetables
A signature Sam Choy Item
Or
Garden Lasagna
Lasagna lyered with a blend of cheeses, complemented by diced zucchini, carrots and broccoli topped with tomato basil sauce
A signature Nancy Brussat Item

Dine Upon Request
You may choose one of the featured entrées to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses
Or
Grand Marnier Fruit Salad

Snack Attack
Please feel free to help yourself to an assortment of sweets and other snacks near our galley, at any time after your meal.

Mid-Flight Snack
Select from
Edo-style Mini Bento Box
Vinegared rice wrapped in bean curd skin, rolled sushi and seasonal Japanese pickles

Fresh Cut Fruit

Light Meal
Offered Prior to Arrival
Salad
Fresh Seasonal Greens with cherry tomatoes, offered with Italian herb vinaigrette

Main Course
Southpoint Chowder
Creamy Seafood chowder with shrimp, scallops and whitefish, complemented by sweet corn, diced potatoes and celery
Or
Cilantro Chicken
Fresh cilantro marinated chicken served chilled over a bed of seasoned summer noodles

Dessert
Freshly baked on board chocolate chip cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For your enjoyment
Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

2/10
3Cls, First, LAX-NRT, Lunch-Dinner
73PM160 160F061-2A

Carfield Feb 4, 2010 5:17 am

AA 169 LAX-NRT Business Class FEB 2010

February 2010
American Airlines Business Class
AA 169
Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita

From Our Wine Cellar
Specially Selected by Wine Consultant Ken Chase
Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Scarbolo Chardonnay
Conde de Valdemar Blanco Fermentado en Barrica

Red Wines
Arrowood Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
Kaiken Malbec

Apertifs and Dessert Wines
Emilio Lustau Sherry
Choya Umeshu Plum Liqueur “Excellent”
Gekkeikan Horin Daiginjo Sake
Graham’s 20 Years Old Tawny Port

Dining Service
Thank you for choosing American Airlines. It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of dining options on today’s flight. We invite you to experience new menu items developed in collaboration with renowned Hawaiian restauranteur, author and TV host Sam Choy and Chef’s Conclave member Nancy Brussat.

We are also pleased to offer traditional Japanese cuisine on today’s flight. In order to ensure our Japanese cuisine option is available, we kindly request you pre-order this selection at least 24 hours prior to your flight. There are a limited number of Japanese cuisine meals on board. We apologize if your first selection is not available.

To Start
Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer
Teriyaki Beef with snow peas, red peppers and baby corn

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens
Offered with creamy Asian dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Beef Fillet with Mushroom sauce
Grilled fillet of beef served with a creamy morel mushroom sauce, Brussels sprouts with pancetta and orzo ratatouille
Or
Soy Glazed Chicken Bowl
Soy glazed breast of chicken with honey glazed carrots julienne, seasoned broccoli florets and baby boy choy served over fried rice
Or
Wasabi Crusted Salmon
Wasabi crusted salmon topped with a sweet papaya pineapple marmalade, paired with Dauphinoise potatoes and seasonal sautéed vegetables
Or
Garden Lasagna
Lasagna lyered with a blend of cheeses, complemented by diced zucchini, carrots and broccoli topped with tomato basil sauce
A signature Nancy Brussat Item

Dine Upon Request
You may choose one of the featured entrées to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert
Ice Cream
Ben & Jerry’s Fair Trade Chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallows and chopped walnuts
Or
Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Snack Attack
Please feel free to help yourself to an assortment of sweets and other snacks near our galley, at any time after your meal.

Mid-Flight Snack
Select from
Edo-style Mini Bento Box
Vinegared rice wrapped in bean curd skin, rolled sushi and seasonal Japanese pickles
Or
Fruit and cheese palte

Light Meal
Offered Prior to Arrival
Main Course
Uno’s Pizza
An individual deep-dish Farmer’s Market pizza served with a green salad and classic Caesar dressing
Or
Cilantro Chicken
Fresh cilantro marinated chicken served chilled over a bed of seasoned summer noodles

Dessert
Banana Chocolate Drizzle Cake

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For your enjoyment
Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

2/10
3Cls, Business, LAX-NRT, Lunch-Dinner
73PM161 260C061-2A

PresRDC Feb 4, 2010 7:42 am

They need to get over their love affair with cilantro. Vile weed. My favorite was the cilantro mashed potatoes. Who the F could possibly think that that would be a good flavor combination.

Robt760 Feb 4, 2010 9:29 am

Thank you Adrian for posting both J and F menus.

I hate to mention the most obvious thing that I see. There is hardly any catering difference between the same; same main courses. What kind of message is that sending to everyone? I wonder how many other airlines serve similar menus in First and Business? Yes, there is more to an airline than the food (before B....e kicks in) but other than hard product, the gap is narrowing IMO.

TheAAdmiral Feb 4, 2010 9:35 am

Originally Posted by PresRDC (Post 13323460)
They need to get over their love affair with cilantro. Vile weed. My favorite was the cilantro mashed potatoes. Who the F could possibly think that that would be a good flavor combination.

+1, I can't stand cilantro either..yuck

tom911 Feb 11, 2010 5:55 am

On the 5pm DFW-LHR flight in business class:

Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Willm Pinot Blanc Reserve
Aresti Chardonnay

Red Wines
Chateau Belgrave Haut-Medoc, Bordeaux
Castle Rock Pinot Noir

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham's Vintage Port

MAIN COURSE

Lamb Medallions with Marionberry
Curried Shrimp and Scallops
Garden Lasagna

My choice: Caribbean Crusted Beef (tasted great)
Grilled fillet of beef served with a Caribbean-style crust, offered with garlic butter and French potato salad.

DESSERT
Ben and Jerry's Fair Trade chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallows and chopped walnuts

http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...80_cUhPd-S.jpg http://tom911.smugmug.com/Airlines-I...09_w5Axz-S.jpg

AAerSTL Feb 14, 2010 8:21 am

NRT-ORD AA 154 February 2010

To start: Warm mixed nuts
Appetizer: A selection of assorted sushi
Salad: Fresh seasonal greens offered with pickled ginger vinagrette or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Bread basket: Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Wasabi Chicken
Beef filet with Chasseur Sauce
Pork Noodle Bowl
Wok Barbeque Shrimp-a signature Sam Choy item

Dessert: Vanilla ice cream accompanied by raspberry sauce and walnut cookie crumble toping

or

Fresh seasonal fruit

Snack Attack

Mid-flight snack
Edo-style Mini Bento Box

Light Sandwich-roasted chicken with cheddar cheese served with grapes and a Mango Soyjoy bar

Breakfast
Breakfast Breads

Main Course
Swiss Cheese Omlette
Cereal and Yogurt

All American Flyer Feb 14, 2010 8:35 am

JFK-NRT: Flight 167 in J

Lunch:
Warm nuts to start as usual

Terriyaki beef with snow peas, red peppers and baby corn

Usual salad except with Asian creamy dressing instead of the usual one

Choice of Beef Fillet with Mushroom sauce, Soy Glazed Chicken Bowl over fried rice, Wasabi Crusted Salmon or Garden Lasagna with vegetables

Fair Trade chocolate ice cream topped with marshmallows and chopped walnuts or fresh fruit

Snack Attack (available throughout the flight)

Milano cookies, ruffles chips, grapes with cheese and a few others

Mid-Flight Snack

Choice of Edo-style Mini Bento Box with vinegared rice, sushi and seasonal Japanese pickles or a Chicken/jack cheese sandwich

Light Meal

Choice of Uno's Pizza with a garden salad or Cilantro Chicken over noodles

Banana Chocolate drizzle cake

I have to say that I didn't particularly care for the rocky road sludge (had to wait 10 minutes for it to get to a temperature where I could eat it). The banana cake seemed as if it was right out of the Y galley. I'm honestly a bit pissed off that they only serve the warm cookies in F. The sundaes and cookies are really signature AA items and it's awful and truly unacceptable that they serve the sludge and a crappy cold Y cake in J. AA needs to learn that it should make it's F product better rather than making J worse!

broadwayboy Feb 25, 2010 7:04 am

Steak in AA F

On JFK-NRT 'F', I asked for steak for lunch. I was very surprised when asked by FA how I'd like my steak prepared. I said 'medium rare, please' and was pretty impressed that it was served to me exactly medium rare.

How did they do that? I thought FA just basically reheated what was previously prepared.

rcherskov Feb 25, 2010 7:11 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy (Post 13461465)
On JFK-NRT 'F', I asked for steak for lunch. I was very surprised when asked by FA how I'd like my steak prepared. I said 'medium rare, please' and was pretty impressed that it was served to me exactly medium rare.

How did they do that? I thought FA just basically reheated what was previously prepared.

I've had this happen MIA-LHR. In fact it was the galley FA who came back and asked me after I'd had my order taken. She got it just right -- I too was pretty impressed.

vrbaba Feb 25, 2010 7:12 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy (Post 13461465)

I believe they just reheated it appropriately.

doodley Feb 25, 2010 7:24 am

Originally Posted by vrbaba (Post 13461497)
I believe they just reheated it appropriately.

Haha, true. I will admit though, that the pictures of the steak in the domestic meals thread look delicious

PresRDC Feb 25, 2010 7:34 am

I've always assumed that the caterers sear it off, so that the inside is rare at most. If so, it should be possible to finish it to a desired temperature.