FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1038416-2010-aa-international-meals-menus-menu-photos-etc-consolidated.html)

GadgetFreak Mar 28, 2010 11:03 am

Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral (Post 13659184)
We ordered the Japanese meals in J last month ORD-NRT-ORD and found it to be a nice chance of pace. As you would imagine, the return meal was better than the outbound

Thanks. I was wondering about the difference between inbound and outbound. I think I will give it a try anyway. Im only going out, not coming back this trip; continuing onward: NRT-PVG-LHR-FCO-JFK.

sj-flyer Mar 28, 2010 11:23 am

Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral (Post 13659184)
We ordered the Japanese meals in J last month ORD-NRT-ORD and found it to be a nice chance of pace. As you would imagine, the return meal was better than the outbound

That is good to know.

I am flying NRT-LAX and returning next month and was curious about what to expect for the Japanese meal.

Thanks for the information.

yvrguy Apr 4, 2010 8:47 am

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak (Post 13664573)
Thanks. I was wondering about the difference between inbound and outbound. I think I will give it a try anyway. Im only going out, not coming back this trip; continuing onward: NRT-PVG-LHR-FCO-JFK.

The inbound and outbound spring menu is listed at aa.com.

DCAstudent Apr 4, 2010 10:14 am

Originally Posted by yvrguy (Post 13706533)
The inbound and outbound spring menu is listed at aa.com.

Does AA.com show any menus beyond the Japanese pre-orders?

AAerSTL Apr 4, 2010 11:45 am

Originally Posted by DCAstudent (Post 13706948)

No but it does give a description of the F class meal service

JY1024 Apr 4, 2010 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by DCAstudent (Post 13706948)

Nope, which is why this thread exists. :)

DaveInSFV Apr 4, 2010 3:38 pm

Best meal in a long time, PVR-DFW

Was flying PVR-DFW a couple of weeks ago, Chicken Enchaladas, mixed green salad. The enchaladas were awesome, more like a chicken crepe in a rich cream sauce - just great. The mixed salad was served with creamy cilantro dressing, and tasted great. Unlike most institutional food served by any airline. Dessert was so-so, but I was a very happy flier!

TMOliver Apr 4, 2010 5:01 pm

FC and Biz meals, MAD/DFW?

Following another thread and checking AA.com, I've been unable to find any menus for this route. Info, clues or advice sought....

ESpen36 Apr 4, 2010 6:19 pm

Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Your timing is excellent. I just flew DFW-MAD-DFW this weekend and have some observations to make about the 2-class J service on the 763. There have been some recent service changes about which everyone who cares about such things should be aware.

DFW-MAD:
- The equipment comes in from CDG and is traditionally late in boarding due to late inbound and international security checks. Our aircraft arrived only a few minutes behind schedule from CDG and we didn't start boarding until almost departure time because of the security inspection. The entire crew was standing in the gate area, unable to board either!
- marinated cheese antipasto was still offered (no hummus, thankfully!)
- olive oil (for bread dipping) has been removed from the menu and was not available. The FAs said very few pax ever requested it, so they eliminate it
- meal choices were beef, Vermillion chicken (highly recommended!), scallions, and a pasta dish
- traditional ice cream sundaes for desert with all the toppings
- chocolates have been removed from the
menu and were not offered (as widely discussed here, few pax wanted them)
- full hot breakfast 1.5 hours before arrival
- no sparkling water prior to arrival, even though
it was on the menu (no big surprise here; I have yet to have this service actually offered on international long-haul in 2010)

MAD-DFW:
- secondary security continues to be a nightmare, especially for men (only 2 lanes, despite the fact that 80% of the pax are men)
- in fact, it has gotten worse! They have recently moved the screening operation farther down the U concourse, so now there's nothing in the way of food or shopping (except vending machines) past the secondary checkpoint. Quite miserable if you ask me
- by some miracle, we actually left on time even with all the crazy security!
- entree options were similar for main meal
- new salad bowls! (white ceramic, not glass patterned) - never seen them before but really liked them! It made me wonder if they are being circulated through the system as a trial, or if they are being phased in to replace the glass bowls
- follow-on pizza was NOT plated on board, but instead was heated and served in a domestic F white dish. Noooo! (for me, a big advantage of the 763 J service is plated-on-board entrees.....let's hope it was a fluke. The turkey sandwich option was plated on board.
- sparkling water actually offered before landing, complete with big lemon wedges!

Note that this route soon will be upgauged to a 772 during the summer peak season, so some of my comments won't be relevant until the route reverts to 763 service again in the fall.

sts603 Apr 4, 2010 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 13709021)
[SIZE=1]scallions.

Scallops?

ESpen36 Apr 4, 2010 8:56 pm

Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by sts603

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 13709021)
[SIZE=1]scallions.

Scallops?

Yeah, probably. I don't eat seafood so I didn't look closely.

AAerSTL Apr 4, 2010 9:10 pm

DFW-MAD is upgraded to 777 eff 4/6 so the catering Espen36 outlined will change slightly

tismfu Apr 4, 2010 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by TMOliver (Post 13708669)
Following another thread and checking AA.com, I've been unable to find any menus for this route. Info, clues or advice sought....

Approximate travel date?

ESpen36 Apr 4, 2010 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL (Post 13709923)
DFW-MAD is upgraded to 777 eff 4/6 so the catering Espen36 outlined will change slightly

I will be interested in learning if things like the dipping oil have been retained in F on the 772. (Obviously the sundaes in J will be downgraded to the premade sludge, and no more entrees plated on board.)

jmj9905 Apr 5, 2010 9:04 am

Mia/Lim J menu

Flying to Lim on May 2, AA Flt. 917. Anyone have a J menu?
thanks