Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Mar 22, 10, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by All American Flyer View Post
AA J meals have really been getting worse overall.
Oh, really? How so?

I haven't seen too many rants in this thread.
Old Mar 22, 10, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
No Ice Cream Sundaes/no warm chocolate chip cookies--both things I like about AA but they're only available in 2-class J or 3-class F on the international routes
Old Mar 22, 10, 8:00 pm

AA 169 LAX-NRT First Class March 2010

American Airlines
First Class
March 2010
AA 169
Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita

From Our Wine Cellar
Specially Selected by Wine Consultant Ken Chase
Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Joseph Drouhin Rully Chardonnay
Groom Lenswood Sauvignon Blanc, Adelaide Hills, Australia

Red Wines
Domaine Duclaux Chateauneuf-du-Pape
Cloudline Pinot Noir, Oregon

Apertifs and Dessert Wines
Emilio Lustau Sherry
Choya Umeshu Plum Liqueur “Excellent”
Gekkeikan Horin Daiginjo Sake
Graham’s 20 Years Old Tawny Port

Dining Service
Thank you for choosing American Airlines. It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of dining options on today’s flight. We invite you to experience new menu items developed in collaboration with renowned Hawaiian restauranteur, author and TV host Sam Choy and Chef’s Conclave member Nancy Brussat.

We are also pleased to offer traditional Japanese cuisine on today’s flight. In order to ensure our Japanese cuisine option is available, we kindly request you pre-order this selection at least 24 hours prior to your flight. There are a limited number of Japanese cuisine meals on board. We apologize if your first selection is not available.

To Start
Warm mixed nuts
Or
Roasted garlic edamame hummus with pita chips

Appetizer
Smoked salmon and citrus marinated shrimp accompanied by capers, red onion and sour cream

The Salad Cart
Fresh seasonal greens with julienned zucchini, yellow bell peppers, butter mushrooms and cherry tomatoes offered with pickled ginger vinaigrette or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Peppered roasted chicken breast

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Pineapple Teriyaki Beef
Grilled fillet of beef enhanced by braised pineapple teriyaki sauce, offered with grilled asparagus, carrots and steamed rice
A signature Sam Choy item
Or
Char Siu Pork Bowl
Marinated char siu pork served over egg fried rice with bacon, accompanied by seared broccolini, shiitake mushrooms and bell peppers
Or
Orange Chipotle Shrimp
Orange barbecue chipotle shrimp served with sautéed haricots verts, roasted peppers and basmati rice with corn
Or
Cheese Tortellini with Romano Sauce
Homemade tortellini stuffed with three cheeses, topped with tomato, mushroom and mozzarella sauce, Parmesan cheese and parsley

Dine Upon Request
You may choose one of the featured entrées to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans
Fruit and cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses
Or
Grand Marnier Fruit Salad

Snack Attack
Please feel free to help yourself to an assortment of sweets and other snacks near our galley, at any time after your meal.

Mid-Flight Snack
Select from
Edo-style Mini Bento Box
Vinegared rice wrapped in bean curd skin, rolled sushi and seasonal Japanese pickles

Fresh Cut Fruit

Light Meal
Offered Prior to Arrival
Salad
Fresh Seasonal Greens with red peppers and radish, offered with Asian sesame vinaigrette

Main Course
Sesame Chicken
Sesame Chicken with an Asian salad and a plum vinaigrette dressing
Or
Tahitian Crabmeat Soup
Crabmeat and steamed taro potatoes simmered in a creamy chicken broth with spinach and onions
A signature Sam Choy item

Dessert
Freshly baked on board chocolate chip cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For your enjoyment
Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

3/10
3Cls, First, LAX-NRT, Lunch-Dinner
73PM160 160F061-3A
Old Mar 23, 10, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
dfw - eze

I flew DFW - EZE in J last week on a 777. Overall service was Ok but food was poor.

Starters: Just mixed nuts (not option of marinated cheese antipasto)

No appetizer.

The Ice cream was rock-ice.

Chicken provenzal main meal was Ok, nothing to rave about but quite small though.

I flew DUB - ORD also on the 17th. A much better service on the 757L surprisingly.
Old Mar 23, 10, 1:15 pm

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Any clue as to menus in FC & Bus, MAD/DFW.....
Old Mar 23, 10, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
American Airlines
First Class
March 2010
AA 169
Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita
To Start
Warm mixed nuts
Or
Roasted garlic edamame hummus with pita chips

WOAH! Hummus?!?!?!

What happened to the marinated cheese antipasto?

Somebody PLEASE reassure us that this is unique to the NRT market.....(although I had the cheese as normal on my NRT flights last year)
Old Mar 23, 10, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
Another thing I notice about the LAX-NRT menu is that they moved the fruit salad up and are now offering it as an alternative to the sundaes, INSTEAD of as the accompaniment to the baked-on-board cookies with the pre-arrival meal.

Presumably they are loading fewer fruit salads then?

I always thought that the fruit salad WITH the cookies really hit the spot before landing. Do others agree?
Old Mar 23, 10, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
WOAH! Hummus?!?!?!

What happened to the marinated cheese antipasto?

Somebody PLEASE reassure us that this is unique to the NRT market.....(although I had the cheese as normal on my NRT flights last year)
I liked the hummus, nice and garlicky for a 12+ hour flight. I made good use of the tooth paste in the amenity bag.
Old Mar 23, 10, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
I always thought that the fruit salad WITH the cookies really hit the spot before landing. Do others agree?
I always wash both down with a Coke. I never like to land with my glucose below 300.
Old Mar 26, 10, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
Flew CDG - MIA today in J

I have to say that I think AA really keeps improving their wine selections on the CDG route in J. The bordeaux, Chateau Belgrave 2003 (Haut Medoc) was excellent and is a wine I already know and love. I like the fact that they always serve a 5th growth Bordeaux on the Paris route in J - over the years I have seen Chateau Cantermerle, Lynch Moussas and most recently (last year) Batailley. Belgrave is my favorite so far.
Old Mar 27, 10, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
AA 98 ORD-LHR (9:55 p.m.) March 4th

Soup: Lemon Grass Consomme garnished with shitake mushrooms and green onions

Salad: Fresh seasonal greens featured with kalamata olives, tomatoes, artichokes and pepper roasted sliced chicken breast

Main course:
Boursin Crusted Beef Fillet
Red Thai Curry Chicken
Cheese Tortellini with Romano Sauce
Fruit and Cheese Plate

Desert:
Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch with coccoa dusted almonds
Caciotta and cheddar cheese accompanied by seasonal grapes and dried apricots

Breakfast:

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Three cheese omelet enhanced by a poblano cream sauce, served with basil pesto potatoes, fire roasted turkey sausage and roasted tomatoes

Yogurt

Cereal

An express option of breakfast breads was also available
Old Mar 27, 10, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Champagne
Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines
Wegeler Estate Riesling (really enjoyed this wine)
Seven Sisters “Vivian” Sauvignon Blanc

Red Wines
Fabre Montmayou Malbec Reserve
Cyan Prestigio

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wine
Graham's 20 Years Old Tawny Port

Appetizer
Portobello Mushroom and cherry tomatoes

Salad
Fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with honey Dijon dressing or Sapori d'Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Main Course
Tarragon Chicken
Grilled Citrus Halibut
Penna Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes

My selection (only three available and they were the first three meals selected):
Tomato Almond Beef Fillet
Grilled Fillet of beef in a tomato almond sauce, offered with mixed vegetables and broccoli mashed potatoes

Dessert
A scoop of Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream
I had the same first course and main in J on LHR-JFK last night. The steak was nicely rare and very tender and flavorful. It was quite nice. I opted for the fruit and cheese rather than the sundae, however.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 10, 11 at 2:28 pm Reason: Removed quoted images
Old Mar 27, 10, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I flying JFK-NRT in J in early April. I was trying to decide whether to order the traditional Japanese meal in J. I always did that on UA on flights to and from NRT but havent tried it on AA. Any comments on what is currently in the Japanese meal and the other options for early April? Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 10, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak View Post
I flying JFK-NRT in J in early April. I was trying to decide whether to order the traditional Japanese meal in J. I always did that on UA on flights to and from NRT but havent tried it on AA. Any comments on what is currently in the Japanese meal and the other options for early April? Thanks.
We ordered the Japanese meals in J last month ORD-NRT-ORD and found it to be a nice chance of pace. As you would imagine, the return meal was better than the outbound
Old Mar 28, 10, 10:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak View Post
I had the same first course and main in J on LHR-JFK last night. The steak was nicely rare and very tender and flavorful. It was quite nice. I opted for the fruit and cheese rather than the sundae, however.
Ditto - had the same entree on the LHR-JFK a few hours before you. The steak actually looked medium-well to well-done when I looked at the interior color. However, it was well-seasoned and extremely tender, more like a medium-rare.

I was bumped (voluntarily) off of another flight, so I had the last aisle seat in Business (8H). Knowing that I would be among the last to choose my meal, I already decided that I would get the halibut or chicken when they told me they ran out of beef. Surprisingly, all entrees except for the PASTA was available when the FA got to me!

I found the tomato/mushroom app to be pretty skimpy. The chocolate sundae was delicious, but I only finished half as it was way too rich. (Perhaps I should have followed Tom's example and used a Baileys to help was it down. )

Search this Thread