Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AA International Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by chanp
AA + foie gras. When did this happen? Sounds great, maybe big improvments coming?
Gotta read the fine print. Not valid on flights out of ORD
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
AA + foie gras. When did this happen? Sounds great, maybe big improvments coming?
Indeed. Definitely one of the best AA main dishes I've had
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by All American Flyer
Indeed. Definitely one of the best AA main dishes I've had
So on my flight on Thursday, if that's one of the choices, then I should opt for that one?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wrp96
So on my flight on Thursday, if that's one of the choices, then I should opt for that one?
I would, but I've never met a liver that I didn't like!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: AA EXP (3.5MM), UA Premier, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott
Flew PVR-DFW yesterday, quick flight, but once again - great catering... I love all the meals on this itinerary except breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich - but it was GOOD! Felt like I was in a French bakery! Fruit tart for dessert, all good!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Gotta read the fine print. Not valid on flights out of ORD
I didnt expect it to, just a nice change
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:42 am
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
LAX-LHR in J Menu question

Wondering about current offerings from those who've flown this one lately. I eat fish, but not meat or chicken. Sitting in 11J -- right in the middle for FEBO -- do you think I need to order a meal, or can I be pretty confident that I can get a veg pasta or fish? Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:35 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BLG
Wondering about current offerings from those who've flown this one lately. I eat fish, but not meat or chicken. Sitting in 11J -- right in the middle for FEBO -- do you think I need to order a meal, or can I be pretty confident that I can get a veg pasta or fish? Thanks.
If you want to be safe, you really should order a special meal. But I've never not seen either a vegetarian or fish dish.

FYI, I think you meant to say 'red meat'... fish and chicken are definitely meat!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:19 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
To be sure, you might as well request a special meal instead of taking the gamble.

I'd also check here to see if anybody has posted a recent menu: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Platinum, HH Silver, Hertz PC, National ExEl
Originally Posted by BLG
I flew this week LAX-LHR. The offering in J were ham for appetizer and four choices for the main entree:

A Beef, lamb, shrimp/scallop dish and a cheese lasagna.

Usually there is always a fish/shellfish or pasta dish on the menu. Since I don't eat meat or shrimp, I usually order vegetarian ahead of time, always a safe bet, especially if one sits on the back end of FEBO.

Sitting in the middle the OP should be okay.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
indian food

i wish all the AA flights had those amazing menus like they do on their flights to DEL. I've found, Indian food keeps the best on flights. It's usually very saucey, and stew-like and all it needs is a good heat up and it's delicious. Best coach meal I ever had was a BA flight to Zimbabwe back in 1998 and it served Chicken Tikka Massala. It was amazing.

If only more americans liked Indian food...I'd much prefer it to some gnarly reheated fish.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
For the "no beef/chicken" poster: asap when the menus are distributed - and before meal orders are taken - find the FA working your aisle and explain to him/her that you only eat fish/vegetarian, and could you please have the whatever. If you can say "either a or b" it's even better...

On 3 int'l J flights on AA, w/o special meals, that's worked fine for me.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:05 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by CO FF
For the "no beef/chicken" poster: asap when the menus are distributed - and before meal orders are taken - find the FA working your aisle and explain to him/her that you only eat fish/vegetarian, and could you please have the whatever. If you can say "either a or b" it's even better...

On 3 int'l J flights on AA, w/o special meals, that's worked fine for me.
Thanks, sounds like there are vegetarian pasta and fish dishes on the flights right now as a norm, and a quick word with the FA should do the trick. I prefer to have the choice, depending on what the fish or pasta is, rather than pre-order when I've got a reasonable chance of not having a problem.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bamboosensation
i wish all the AA flights had those amazing menus like they do on their flights to DEL. I've found, Indian food keeps the best on flights. It's usually very saucey, and stew-like and all it needs is a good heat up and it's delicious. Best coach meal I ever had was a BA flight to Zimbabwe back in 1998 and it served Chicken Tikka Massala. It was amazing.

If only more americans liked Indian food...I'd much prefer it to some gnarly reheated fish.
Ditto, I had a surprisingly good Indian thali on Korean Air F ICN-BKK back in 2006. AA does has occasionally rotated the Indian items on US-Europe flights, but perhaps it was a test. I seem to remember seeing them late last year (November IIRC). Back in March on BOS-LHR there was a That Chicken Coconut curry but I opted for the beef filet
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Errr, well, I had the chicken + foie gras dish from LHR to JFK, and thought it was actually kinda disgusting. I mean, I love foie gras and all, but it seemed a bit over ambitious to serve it in this prep on an airplane. Also, the foie gras of course wasn't really very high quality.

I have a pic of it here on my food journal. Though you can't really see the foie since its stuffed. Maybe its better that you didn't see it anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.