Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Rumor- AA Will No Longer Provide Blankets and Pillows on International Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor- AA Will No Longer Provide Blankets and Pillows on International Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by gemac

My biggest problem with this situation is that the passengers unaccountably allowed this clown to live until arrival.
Actually, this is by far the best thing that could have ever happened. Think about the intelligence that might be gained:
1) Where did he secure the stuff from?
2) Where was his training?
3) Are there others?
4) Will he name names?
5) Any other "bright ideas" floating in the pipeline?
Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by emma dog
Actually, this is by far the best thing that could have ever happened. Think about the intelligence that might be gained:
3) Are there others?
4) Will he name names?
Oh, stop being so rational, thoughtful and sensible.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deltahater
But, while we are at it, I think the way to make flying safe, is to sedate any and everybody before take off. That eliminates all FA positions, catering and should reduce costs substantially for AA. A bit of laughing gas in the ventilation system, and voila, you have a quiet and safe flight
Actually, I think this is a GREAT idea. Put us all in sealed boxes, like in "The Fifth Element" and knock us out for the flight.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Trust me, 90% of the population is not fit to fly naked. Not a sight we want to see.

But, while we are at it, I think the way to make flying safe, is to sedate any and everybody before take off. That eliminates all FA positions, catering and should reduce costs substantially for AA. A bit of laughing gas in the ventilation system, and voila, you have a quiet and safe flight
Forget the Nitrous, I want the Fentanyl! (Lifesaving Narcan is available for an extra $25 or free for PLTs and above)
Old Dec 27, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
I just hope we can all look back on this extremely soon and laugh at "do you remember when"...
Sluggo, I value your perspective and your contributions to this board.

But be assured I will never look back on this idiotic, kneejerk reaction and laugh. I'm closer to puking right now.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Very good.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Doesn't anyone have any actual experience with these new guidelines/rules?

Has anyone actually flown to the US from a non-US departure point since the Detriot incident?

Having a real experince posted about the new security drill for boarding and new in-flight scenario would be welcomed.

Any outbound (US to non-US) experiences that differ from the past would be of interest too.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 4:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you have read this thread, or the Announcement, you have read what people who have flown LHR - USA have stated as their personal experience. What I have shared of theirs is not made up, I can assure you.

Originally Posted by MileHigh
Has anyone actually flown to the US from a non-US departure point since the Detriot incident?

Having a real experince posted about the new security drill for boarding and new in-flight scenario would be welcomed.

Any outbound (US to non-US) experiences that differ from the past would be of interest too.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 4:57 pm

While we speculate, I love this one from the Onion article linked to above - the future of flying as we will know it.

Old Dec 27, 2009, 5:01 pm

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by emma dog
3) Are there others?
4) Will he name names?
Apparently he's been singing like a bird ever since he got into custody. Silver lining I'd say.

Trust me, 90% of the population is not fit to fly naked. Not a sight we want to see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-Mq9HAE62Y

I do hope that after Jan 1 we can all take a step back and breathe easier. The justifications I've heard on the news for these new rules don't give me hope for that though, but as has been pointed out that's for another thread
Old Dec 27, 2009, 5:06 pm

OK, for those still interested in facts, the text of TSA Security Directive (SD 1544-09-06, expiry 0200 Z Dec 30, 2009) has been posted in this post on TSS.

With that and the TSS thread we can put this thread to bed.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 27, 2009 at 5:26 pm Reason: add / close

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.