Search

Linehopper: Same family as gate lice?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Linehopper: Same family as gate lice?

AA #1129 12/3 DFW-AUS.

Mrs. Dallas49er and I are waiting to board, and assigned 3E & F, standing at the entrance to PriorityAAcess. GA announces F boarding. As we approach the ticket reader, with others in 1st behind us, from out of NOWHERE, a young man races down the other line and extends his BP in front of my wife.

The GA says "I believe these people were in front of you".

Young man: "But I'm in First Class!"

Lady behind me: "All of us are in First"

Guy Behind her: "Back of the line,......Dude!"

Embarrased, he does the walk of shame to the back of the line. The lady behind me says as he goes by, "I'm sure your father would be so proud of you, if you knew who he was."

All over in less than 10 seconds. Wanted a cattle prod.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Wanted a cattle prod.
Sounds like you need Spiff's Boarding Stick™, as mentioned in the current gate lice thread.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
ROFL !!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The lady behind me says as he goes by, "I'm sure your father would be so proud of you, if you knew who he was."
Classic!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:13 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

The lady behind me says as he goes by, "I'm sure your father would be so proud of you, if you knew who he was."
Wow, what the guy did was uncool, but this is particularly cruel and uncalled-for. It's not like the guy raised a stink after one "I'm in First" comment. I can't imagine saying something that nasty to someone for so minor a transgression.

Cheers.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by brp
Wow, what the guy did was uncool, but this is particularly cruel and uncalled-for. It's not like the guy raised a stink after one "I'm in First" comment. I can't imagine saying something that nasty to someone for so minor a transgression.

Cheers.
Not only do I agree but I also wonder what people would have done if it had been, say, a middle-age businessman instead of a young man.

Mike
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: Global Entry, 4MM, Lifetime AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
+1 Agree totally. That comment was cruel and not funny in the least.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:23 am

Why didn't the lady open up her little black book and let the young man know?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by mikeef
Not only do I agree but I also wonder what people would have done if it had been, say, a middle-age businessman instead of a young man.

Mike
Based on the way those 2 behind us tried to speed my wife and me up going down the jetway, and then sighed when we put our bags above 3E & F, I doubt Mother Theresa would have been given much slack.

When I 1st started travelling in the early '80s, I might have either been that young man or one of the people who said something.

But now, my goals are: 1. To get my bags reasonably close to my seat, 2. Perhaps have a PDB, 3. And get to my intended destination reasonably close to the time it's supposed to (with the understanding that wx and mx happen). My old tag line used to be: The things that used to really "cheese" me off, now just kind of irritate me." Youth is truly wasted on the young.

Back OT (kinda): I was just trying to piggyback one kind of behaviour, line jumping, onto another behaviour-gate lice.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Back OT (kinda): I was just trying to piggyback one kind of behaviour, line jumping, onto another behaviour-gate lice.
I know starting a new thread on FT is about as exciting as being first in line to board a plane, but perhaps this would have been better appended to that other useless thread.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Embarrased, he does the walk of shame to the back of the line. The lady behind me says as he goes by, "I'm sure your father would be so proud of you, if you knew who he was."
Whoa...that lady brought a nuclear weapon to a knife fight. A wee bit over the top...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Once the GA told the guy that the people he was cutting were ahead of him, IMO everyone else should have kept quiet and let the GA continue to handle it. If the GA seemed like s/he was going to let the guy cut, then people could have chimed in...but as it's being told, the GA deserves a ^
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by brp
I think you are all taking her comment waaay too seriously. It was a comic put-down, not a cruel insult. I thought it was both appropriate and funny! ^

What would not have been funny is if the line-crasher actually didn't know his father...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by mikew99
I think you are all taking her comment waaay too seriously. It was a comic put-down, not a cruel insult. I thought it was both appropriate and funny! ^

What would not have been funny is if the line-crasher actually didn't know his father...
I thought it was bloody hilarious!

I do have a finely honed sarcastic streak though.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:57 am

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
Based on the way those 2 behind us tried to speed my wife and me up going down the jetway, and then sighed when we put our bags above 3E & F, I doubt Mother Theresa would have been given much slack.
I try to sit in 3F whenever I can, and try to be the first on board for just this reason. It's amazing the number of times that people sitting further back will try to snag this space for their own bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.